WTB - toyota Celica (m)

siongkc_

Jan 4, 2007
Dear all CCM,

Good day!

I'm looking for a Celica and lately come across a Celica (m) year 2000 (unreg)..

I have a few questions need help from all senior member for opinion:

1) what is the basic requirement I need to check on the car?
p/s: the car conditions look good, milleage less than 30,000 km.

2) The car is from Japan, have a TV monitor, trd gear knob, sunroof and super strud suspension..
p/s: how to check whether it is real super strud suspension? Izzit advisable to get super strud suspension version? Heard the sparepart is expensive

3) What is the price you guys think is acceptable/good bargain for this Celica year 2000 (unreg)?

4) If you all know any other celica for sale at this moment, please welcome to acknowledge me ya:burnout:

All suggestions, opinions and experiences are highly appreciate :adore:

Hear from you all soon!

Best regards,

KahFui

Feb 26, 2005
From the description, mayb u r lucky if u get the 6speed TRD Sports M
Manual usually no need to think twice..it will be gone when someone other than u got to know it exists.

Whats the color of the car..and the Speedometer is it TRD silver color?

1) things to check
- front radiator area & rear boot for bending or scrathes (due to accident)
- any leaking/oil stains (including suspension, brakes)
- engine bay area for anything seems fishy

2) Turn the steering MAX to either left and right...see the absorber KAKI..if u see something like banana shape, L shape, U shape or any shape that is not Straight like normal absorber. then it's superstrut. Sparepart for superstrut indeed very expensive. both front absorber oem cost around rm1.6k (per pair)

3) unreg pricing is very subjective..if it's unreg 2000 meaning the car either nobody buy for 2-3 yrs
OR the car somehow get into m'sia although it's an old 2000 batch.
Unreg Price range: 100-115k (max)

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
get the super strut edition... though replacement is expensive, handling is much better than normal suspension.... worth it.... you can tell if it's superstrut also by looking at ;aluminium pedals, leather steering, leather armrest(door), rear strut bar(behind rear seat), aluminium door seal with 'CELICA' word. DO NOT GET AUTO.

year 2000 unregistered? weird.... must be stored for years.... AP only allows up to 5 years old cars to be brought in.... I agree with Kah Fui, price should be around RM110k.... year 2004 is around 125k now....

siongkc_

Jan 4, 2007
Hi KahFui & Barbarian :wavey:

Thank you for the useful inputs.. Appreciate them so much..

Anyway, I believe both of you are driving Celica (gen 7) now.. Any comment on Celica?

Will update here soon if I'm driving the Celica next time.. Moreover, arrange for a gathering so that you all can help to comment on the car :driver:

Best regards,

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
yup.. both of us driving 7th gen celica.... we are having a gathering next weekend... do join us so you can learn more about the car b4 you commit to it....

jay81

Apr 18, 2006
Hi Siong KC,

The celica u r referring to.... is it the one in Jalan Genting ?

KahFui

Feb 26, 2005
the jln genting silver unit came with Veilside kit.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
getting auto can convert to manual mah:driver:

JinSRAD

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
I am driving a year 2000 SS Celica 6 spd manual TRD version with the bright orange TRD console.
Yes, I admit, the absorbers (front) are pricey because I recently had them replaced. But the drive/handling is great. Fuel economy is even better:biggrin:.
Not much maintenance issues other than that. I hope u find your ride. Enjoy.:wavey:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Same formula, smaller portions, less liquids and a pinch of new ingredients just about sums up the latest Sunday morning drive by the Skyline Club as opposed to the one that was held a while back.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience