[wtb] Ctr Cam

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
seriously..for the price nowdays of CTR cams.. I'd rather go for aftermarket cams anyday.

D_clothes

500 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
yeah Shiro , do give some wise advice ....

Hattech 2nd hand dont have kah ?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
hoi hoi.. don't ask me everythinglah.. depend on your setup.. and your sense of gila kuasa.. I like type-R cams best for the daily drivability factor... but since expensive, I'd probably go for aftermarket cams for my B20B.. but so far.. no decision yet. since my engine stroker will determine what power I'm getting, and how I'm going to augment it... but definitely the cost of type R stuffs are climbing up since there's not much around anymore. My stroker also not decided yet.. the cost of a used type R crank is a bit hard to swallow, considering it's stock and not a billet unit.

So currently cannot recommend anything.. Some fella's make good power with toda type Cs, some don't, and it modifies your power curve (with a little added extra)

Overall engine works as a package.. no single mod will net you much hp without supporting mods.. in case of cams.. you need to tune it (with cam pulleys, if need be).. A quick way is to simply bump up fuel pressure, but you'll probably kill off some (or a lot) at low and mid. I tried bumping up pressure to 4 with a used adjustable regulator, 7K and up feels okay (not dynoed) but you can feel the loss of power from 1-6.9K.. hahaha....

The benefit of the type R cams is that you don't have to do much.. just plonk it in, and the ECU takes care of the rest. Just make sure you're not running lean, and you're good to go. The stock maps for me are pretty much okay..(just retard or advance the timing, and increase fuelling) unless you're running a engine package that's radically different, (i.e. custom strokers, or in my plans for my B20B, ITR strokers)

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
who say cannot.. if at traffic light stop.. bumper to bumper oso can.. hahahahaha!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

those 620kg and 500kg measurement is not the weight of the rim
itself(of course la hehe).

actually it's the maximum weight for a single rim can withstand
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience