WTA/WTB - power steering pump

consonar

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
D'sara - S.alam
Visit site
dear guys... last week as im driving my car, i felt that the steering becoming hard and hard..
especially when wanna go parking.. it become harder n harder...

im guessing that my power steering is not working anymore.. check the power steering fluid and it still full,.. but the power steering pump(that have a belting) generate a very noisy sound!! there were no major leaking, as the fluid still full!!!

so, i want to ask.. it is the pump is possible to repair? or just change to new/halfcut one??
where can buy.. searching here n there, still dont find... aiyohhhhhh.. anyone want to sell ??

*very tired to pusing steering... very hard maaaaaaa!!!! *cry!!:bawling:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
if oil still have but still heavy steering when slow down/stop maybe power steering pump kong...when u press accelerator got airplane sound? if so maybe the oil not getting to the pump(piping clogged) if not airplane sound when press accelerator...means pump kong. mine had the same problem but was cos the piping got whacked by a piece of metal bar n all my oil leaked out...so when i accelerate, got airplane sound that follow my rev...changed the piping n rack(cos also bengkok by the bar) n all ok...but now pump will vibrate cos was running on empty for quite some time(can feel the vibration all the way up to steering wheel)

hope that helps. if u want ori new pump i can try ask my sparepart shop contact...then have it shipped to u...but if looking for cheaper solution...go to halfcut shop n ask for the pump...but best go to workshop to confirm if its pump problem...dun wait buy pump...then is other problem...:biggrin:

Last edited:

consonar

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
D'sara - S.alam
Visit site
if oil still have but still heavy steering when slow down/stop maybe power steering pump kong...when u press accelerator got airplane sound? if so maybe the oil not getting to the pump(piping clogged) if not airplane sound when press accelerator...means pump kong. mine had the same problem but was cos the piping got whacked by a piece of metal bar n all my oil leaked out...so when i accelerate, got airplane sound that follow my rev...changed the piping n rack(cos also bengkok by the bar) n all ok...but now pump will vibrate cos was running on empty for quite some time(can feel the vibration all the way up to steering wheel)

hope that helps. if u want ori new pump i can try ask my sparepart shop contact...then have it shipped to u...but if looking for cheaper solution...go to halfcut shop n ask for the pump...but best go to workshop to confirm if its pump problem...dun wait buy pump...then is other problem...:biggrin:

yesssszaaaaa.... got an airplane sound when press accelerator!!
can i ask, about the piping... where is the piping? piping from where to where? izzit piping from the oil container to the pump? or piping from the pump to the other parts???

but, my pump also sound very harsh/hard... sound like not smooth anymore...

btw, thanks arturo for your reply!!!! :proud:

pc_teh

Known Member
Jun 18, 2008
Sorry to hijack this post. I have some issue with my EK power steering ... When I am doing U - TURN, my steering was unable to auto turn back to straight. It got stuck at the position and I have to manually pull the steering back so that the car can go straight again ... No oil leaking and I do not experience any hard turning my steering at all time ... what could the problem be ??

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i wld like to take this opportunity to wish all my Muslim frens here in zth n across d globe a SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI MAAF ZAHIR & BATIN..

To those driving back to kg,do drive safe n have a wonderful n well deserved break...

God bless...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience