[WTA]: Suzuki Jimmy

brabus

Known Member
Feb 18, 2005
Hello everyone, I've been eyeing on suzuki jimmy lately. And still a lot of people using it on road. Mostly for construction site visit purposes.

So i got a few questions here.

1) Does it easy to find the parts for this 4x4?
2) What is the current price for the jimmy?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I beleiev Jimmy parts are similar to vitara. I think they shared the same chassis too. Only the exterior parts are diferent. Vitara have more plastic panel inside to make the interior more like passenger car, while jimny is all exposed metal inside....mostly for siteworkers.

These cars are easy to maintain and relatively simple in the engine design.
Since parts are swapable, finding second hand parts is no problem. Current price? u mean brand new jimny? The brand new ones have to be imported into Malaysia. Haven't seen one in Malaysia. However, there are plenty of new Jimnys in Singapore. Quite nice looking.

brabus

Known Member
Feb 18, 2005
I beleiev Jimmy parts are similar to vitara.
Oh i see...

I think they shared the same chassis too.
Really?!

Only the exterior parts are diferent. Vitara have more plastic panel inside to make the interior more like passenger car, while jimny is all exposed metal inside....mostly for siteworkers.
Yeah, i agree with that..siteworkers use Jimmy a lot..

These cars are easy to maintain and relatively simple in the engine design.
Since parts are swapable, finding second hand parts is no problem.
Hmm...quite interested! hehe!:shades_smile:

Current price? u mean brand new jimny?
Nope, second hand with good/mint conditions i mean....but the engine must be good la...

The brand new ones have to be imported into Malaysia.
No..i 'm not eyeing on the new one...just the old one..Have any ideas on the pricing? because last time i saw one in PJ, the uncle was selling it for only RM5000 cash! but unluckily at that time i got no cash.....still have good interior and exterior..

Haven't seen one in Malaysia. However, there are plenty of new Jimnys in Singapore. Quite nice looking.
I've never see the new model Jimmy yet..:regular_smile:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Jimy prices, I'm not too sure. however Vitara's prices I'm more familiar with.
BTW, vitara have options of 3 or 5 doors version. While Jimny are mostly found in 3 doors version. What year do you want your Jimny? or wat budget u have?
Oso, I've seen a lot of ppl have sucessfully transplanted 4age engine with good performance. Some even have use Starlet engines....depending on your requirement.

brabus

Known Member
Feb 18, 2005
Hmm....i'm not so sure about my budget yet...but once i know the current price, i'll try to find the budget...mostly i would think that maximum budget that i could go is around 10k to 13k only for Jimmy...can i get that with the price range? BTW, how much is Vitara??

Jimmy can be transplant? quite interesting...heheh..! :)

brabus

Known Member
Feb 18, 2005
But i like the 3 doors version..heheh! this is for site visits...no need a lot doors.....

brabus

Known Member
Feb 18, 2005
Any others that have experienced on owning the Jimmy?

WBH8668

500 RPM
May 28, 2005
Pudu Jail

this is the new suzuki jimny in SG. not atcually new but already sold in most country since 2000.

i sit before Jimny 1 times, and this car have very hard suspension. not very comfort. inside is smaller than a Kembara. dashboard like 'papan'. But more powerful than Kembara.
but if you are always off road or working inside plantation, this car is very suitable for u.

xerofighter

Not so senior member
Mar 2, 2004
Subang
my friend drives jimny. we call it the hip hop jimny cuz the ride is like those american muscle cars using hydrolics. can even bounce on a straight road. but it still looks kinda cool if compared to most of our local cars cuz its quite rare to see them on the road.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Malaysia's jimny uses leaf spring. thst is why passengers comfort is limited. Vitara has coil spring and the car is more suitable for road going.

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
its called jimny.. i use to drive 1.. de cleanest lookin jimny around.. but sadly.. i abuse it alot.. till 1 piston jam n i still drive around using 3 piston n dat time i duno wuts wrong.. so let it be until my dad go n check.. kena polish like hell n den change engine n sell it off.. its a nice car to drive around kl road.. n condition.. banjir time.. ure de king.. just drive fast n create high wave akhakahka.. no worries bout engine dying n stuff..n max speed 140..in 1.3 engine..n can donut also.. drove it for 2 yrs during P

but last year.. my fren saw de jinmy i use to drive at pj hilton there... n she said.. kesian ur car.. de paint like faded.... dirty.. fella use to angkat barang.. cuz she see lots of boxes in de car.... n 1 more thing... back seaters sux.. damn bumpy!!! n sempit!!

Last edited:

brabus

Known Member
Feb 18, 2005
Oic....so u already let go the car laa? Hmm...sayang lor..

brabus

Known Member
Feb 18, 2005
So, anyone knows the market price figure now for this Jimmy?

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
it is called JIMNY

i can't really give any advice for it coz i dont own one, and neither did i drive one before. I only sat it .. many times during my childhood and schooling days coz my dad works for Tractor M'sia... so their company car is a Jimny... used when going down to worksides...

so occasionally my dad drive us around... offroad at the beach... damn fun wei.. hahaha. Like what xerofighter said.. actually itz kinda fun sitting in one... just for thrill la.. but if long term for daily usage.. i think i'll cry. Itz bumpy... itz a 0% luxury and 100% practical car....

so.. if u're getting it for practicality.. i guess it might just work great... 4x4.... i believe another similar option would be the Daihatsu Feroza...

brabus

Known Member
Feb 18, 2005
...itz a 0% luxury and 100% practical car..
Agree!

ei..Zephyr3d, do u know the price nowadays ? coz a lot of different prices around..Is there any different of version? Anyway, i still prefer JIMNY..feroza is not across my mind yet.. :D

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
bro brabus,

You can check out classified section of The Star newspaper. Got many Jimny on sale. price varies according to condition and manufacture year, so very hard to give you a ballpark figure. oso, u can check in Motortraders too, in 4 x 4/SUV section......

brabus

Known Member
Feb 18, 2005
Okay...i will Ken Yeang...So long that i didn't follow wthe motor trader issues...but this time i will..heheh!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,:wavey:

I'd just transplanted my old Kia Spectra to > Ford TX3 1.8 BP-ZE Engine.

But i'm encounter a serious problem which is during the 1st & 2nd gear accelerating(when more then half throttle), the steering wheel vibrates badly......if you release the throttle paddle, the vibration reduce.

I suspecting this is due to the my old "cut & welded" driveshalf issue. because previously the mat-foreman just "potong & sambung " the ford driveshalf and my kia driveshalf.

anyone...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience