[WTA]: GSR Inlet Manifold

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
wanna know where can i find a suitable metal gasket for the intake manifold's outlet. so far have been offered 1.6 wira paper/cork gaskets that don't really fit the outlet. the gasket outlet cutout is 1mm smaller than the intake manifold's.

i was thinking of going to ah heng's exhaust to see if he's got any lying around. what's the next best choice eh?

also, the 4g9x throttle bodies have 3 nipples at the top of the TB that has the letters 'P', 'E' and 'A' embossed. currently have 3 hoses plugged into 2 solenoids (i think) for the 'P' and 'A' and the 'E' is to the EGR valve (Exhaust Gas Recirculation). i know the GSR intake manifold doesn't require the 'E' to be connected but what about the other 2 which are connected to the solenoid?

pls advise.

oh yeah, one more thing. do i need to replace the fuel injector O-rings after i remove them from the 93P intake manifold or replace where necessary?

thanks.

i'll post pics later or tmrw if you guys don't know or haven't noticed this 'P', 'E' and 'A' letters.

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
here's the pics.

these are the P, E and A connections. (i'm guessing Pressure, Exhaust(EGR) and Air(/fuel?))

the 2 solenoids (i think they are solenoids) connected to the P and A hoses.

Lord_darkslide

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
whatdamn...

hmm... i do notice the P,E,A nipples at the tb... but mine 4g93t gsr oni use the P oni... the E and A is not connected.. hmmm i wonder y...

any1 knows the reason??

and i'll check mine if the "solenoid" are connected to sumwhere...

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
sorta off topic just wondering but whats the difference in size between gsr inlet and mivec inlet?

How you are using GSR inlet for your putra Whatdamn?

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
patient brader..let me go back check my 4G93NA and Turbo workshop manual first hehehe...

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
lord darkslide,
i doubt you'll have 2 solenoids. at most also just one. the intake manifold doesn't come fitted with an EGR valve so the 'E' nipple is definitely not plugged. same for the 4G91 engine.

deacon,
not too sure about the difference in inlet sizes. if you're asking about the power, or any improvements with the new manifold, the answer is no, i don't know yet because i've not fixed it yet. prolly this weekend i'll get it done.

g88,
where did you get the workshop manual from!?!?! i've been trying to get a hold on one la. PM me :)

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Publish the figures from the manual! I wouldn't taking a little bit of a read. Got any on the mivec?

Someone once told me that a GSR inlet wouldn't make a big difference with a larger TB.

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
deacon,
true that there won't be a big difference UNLESS you port the intake manifold's inlet to match the TB's port. 6mm difference is quite alot if you compare a 60 mm TB into a 54mm intake manifold.

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
the gsr inlet manifold is only 54mm? arrr not big enough ehehee

GTpuI

500 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Bro my 4g93 doesnt have any solenoid connecting with t.body.Still confused and blur what this thing functioning.Hope sifus can explain to me...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys ...wanna know is oem 1.3 and 1.5 using the same clutch set ?
im driving a 1.3 svdo ...wanna change OEM clutch plate and bearing ..approx how much ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience