WTA: Owning a Evo VIII

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
If you really want to get the car, since u currently owned a fully paid lancer. Sell it off, get an evo 6 instead:
http://www.mudah.my/2002+Mitsubishi+Evo+2+0+M+-44012651.htm

Cash. The spend the rest of your salary for the petrol, maintenance and restoring the car. I think it would be better this way. Just my opinion. You can always keep it and buy another evo in future. :)
Bro ... This is not a EVO 6. This one is Lancer CK2A with cosmetics and engine swap to EVO 6 spec. Thanks your suggestion, EVO 6 is very sweet looking but i prefer modern looks of CT9A.

FYI, Evo 6 is CP9A chassis. It's much stronger than regular CK2A.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
just be wary with the cp9a's
i see plenty of CK(2wd)/CM(awd) chassis cars converted to e4/5/6 spec in mudah.
find 5 evo4/5/6 and maybe 1 is a genuine cp9a
it is much easier to convert a CK/CM to look like a CP9A because everything is bolt on. cedia to ct9a is much harder as the rear flares are part of the rear quarter panels.

and then there is the extra bracing and welds in a proper evo. Without those, you might as well spend the money and hunt for a 4b11t halfcut, mate the engine to a manual gearbox and sell off the SST to recoup some money. it has been done http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=14352
I have actually thought of converting my current 4B11 with ralliart engine mate with SST. But i couldn't find out the cost anyway. And from this month's Hypertune issue, there was this Inspira converted to Ralliart engine with SST gearbox, i can't figure out how he lock the SST gearbox into 2WD only, but i also didn't know whether the car is AWD or FWD.

darthxvader

May 2, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry..as i dont own an evo..but my point is..get it cash if your source is limited..impreza would be a good idea..WRX is getting really cheap nowadays..

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Sorry..as i dont own an evo..but my point is..get it cash if your source is limited..impreza would be a good idea..WRX is getting really cheap nowadays..
Yes after test driven 2 WRXs, non-STI, I'm starting to take a look on WRX. Its really easy to drive in that thing and the cabin is much liveable than an EVO. But performance wise, EVO hands down is better and sharper. This Saturday got another appointment at Old Klang Road to test another Evo IX. Let's hope for the best, this one is selling at 126k. Non-listed in mudah.my.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
just be wary with the cp9a's
i see plenty of CK(2wd)/CM(awd) chassis cars converted to e4/5/6 spec in mudah.
find 5 evo4/5/6 and maybe 1 is a genuine cp9a
it is much easier to convert a CK/CM to look like a CP9A because everything is bolt on. cedia to ct9a is much harder as the rear flares are part of the rear quarter panels.

and then there is the extra bracing and welds in a proper evo. Without those, you might as well spend the money and hunt for a 4b11t halfcut, mate the engine to a manual gearbox and sell off the SST to recoup some money. it has been done http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=14352
can just check the codes, quite easy to check

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes after test driven 2 WRXs, non-STI, I'm starting to take a look on WRX. Its really easy to drive in that thing and the cabin is much liveable than an EVO. But performance wise, EVO hands down is better and sharper. This Saturday got another appointment at Old Klang Road to test another Evo IX. Let's hope for the best, this one is selling at 126k. Non-listed in mudah.my.
Wah! Evo IX, that is much newer with more oomph.....:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Lol she loved evo vii. But she is skeptical of the practicalibilty of the ride , especially maintenance. Ahe advise i shud test drive alot and learn more about that car before deciding. Besides she said she cant stop me from owning it, its my car btw.
After reading the whole 7 pages only this caught my attention.

A girl who loves the Evo and doesn't intervene with you purchasing cars cuz she knows it's your car... dude marry the woman. She's a keeper!

darthxvader

May 2, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I don't agree. Evo is easier to mod to gain HP, Impreza's are meant for corners and longer runs(but is really hard to gain HP). Both have their pros and cons. At the end of the day, it's the driver that matters. Try STi.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I'm a WRX STI fan myself. I think it is worth to try to test drive more of them and compare them yourself with Evo. But one thing that you might need to be wary of when you bought these older WRX STI is, there might be a possibility of water leaks at the door window area because older Impreza are all using frameless doors.

darthxvader

May 2, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I'm a WRX STI fan myself. I think it is worth to try to test drive more of them and compare them yourself with Evo. But one thing that you might need to be wary of when you bought these older WRX STI is, there might be a possibility of water leaks at the door window area because older Impreza are all using frameless doors.
U should worry more on the infamous head gasket leak/blown issue.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
After reading the whole 7 pages only this caught my attention.

A girl who loves the Evo and doesn't intervene with you purchasing cars cuz she knows it's your car... dude marry the woman. She's a keeper!
:biggrin: Yup she's a keeper ! But to marry her then i think i have to put my car hunt a side and hunt for a ring ! It is just so rare a girl can love EVO as well as men do.

I don't agree. Evo is easier to mod to gain HP, Impreza's are meant for corners and longer runs(but is really hard to gain HP). Both have their pros and cons. At the end of the day, it's the driver that matters. Try STi.
I drove the WRX, non STI as per i mentioned before. Probably they are less aggressive than STI. I am pretty confident in tackling corners in the WRX too. The salesman actually asked me to slow it down in corners :thefinger:. Afterall its not my car, i drove it to NPE highway from Old Klang Road. The EVOs i tested are all badly maintained with bad suspension hats, blown shocks and worn tyres. So can't make full comparison yet.

I heard more of the blown head gasket issues than water leaking into the car.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
:biggrin: Yup she's a keeper ! But to marry her then i think i have to put my car hunt a side and hunt for a ring ! It is just so rare a girl can love EVO as well as men do.
haha....if buy ring no more Evo. Faster buy Evo first then later get ring......:driver: