WTA: can corolla SEG put vios engine?

khengloong

Nov 11, 2004
haha. bro scomatic. if i got money i sure get a better fuel consumption car such as vios,city etc.
but the thing is tak ada wang. lol. so was just thinking of this option. and whether is it possible.
but thx for the opinion. cheers

wfhan

4AGE has VVT too..but without i(intelligent) laa
exactly, 4age only VVT ma.. 1NZ got VVT-i ma..
the 'i' ery important and intelligent!.

i am on 4afe i think.the stock corolla engine rite. my consumption quite teruk lo. full tank 90 ringgit. can only go like 280km..
quite teruk, what is the total mileage clocked ?
either u maintain 4AFE, go do a engine flush, engine de-carbonized, change petrol filter,
clean fuel line, clean throttle body,chg all or most of the oil seals, flush ur gearbox,
reset ur ecu, check your exhaust/muffler, check your O2 sensor, air-flow sensor...
i believe it will improve your FC and pro-long the engine/transmission life.

previously, when i was on 4AFE, i can get like 11~12km per liter fuel consumption.

currently, even on my 20v, sometimes i also nearly can get that goof FC.

it all depend on how u maintain your car's health, and your driving style.:driver:

P.S.: i had a fren with vios which having bad FC, ended up car sent back to toyota SC,
re-tune the ecu, then only get back the fc as claimed. :hmmmm:

scomatic

Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
haha. bro scomatic. if i got money i sure get a better fuel consumption car such as vios,city etc.
but the thing is tak ada wang. lol. so was just thinking of this option. and whether is it possible.
but thx for the opinion. cheers

aiyo... u sell me ur car cheap cheap la... then take the money to buy a used savvy lor... :P
balance... go to installment it lor... :D

blackend

Aug 5, 2008
Johore,
exactly, 4age only VVT ma.. 1NZ got VVT-i ma..
the 'i' ery important and intelligent!.

quite teruk, what is the total mileage clocked ?
either u maintain 4AFE, go do a engine flush, engine de-carbonized, change petrol filter,
clean fuel line, clean throttle body,chg all or most of the oil seals, flush ur gearbox,
reset ur ecu, check your exhaust/muffler, check your O2 sensor, air-flow sensor...
i believe it will improve your FC and pro-long the engine/transmission life.

previously, when i was on 4AFE, i can get like 11~12km per liter fuel consumption.

currently, even on my 20v, sometimes i also nearly can get that goof FC.

it all depend on how u maintain your car's health, and your driving style.:driver:

P.S.: i had a fren with vios which having bad FC, ended up car sent back to toyota SC,
re-tune the ecu, then only get back the fc as claimed. :hmmmm:
actually i oledi mention VVT ma..please read carefully ma. :biggrin:

first thing first,better u done routine service as the wfhan said before..then make the decision to transplant engine or not.

t-la

May 10, 2005
secret place
seg want to put vios engine ka?
can....malaysia bole ma...haha

lexuskoh

Jun 2, 2007
can , just money problem !
i also have plan vios engine to toyota SE .....
just money problem , my friend who is formen also want to help me try put vios in SE...

khengloong

Nov 11, 2004
haha. my car now clocked about 140k km. i was thinking of over haul the engine and stuff like that. but dad make noise. i am only still a student. no money to pay installment ler.

wfhan : wah u can get 11-12 km per litre ah. that's damn good wei. i am only getting like 7-8 km per litre.

maybe i will consider doing those check ups mentioned by wfhan. thanks for the advice.

horned_ripper

Dec 6, 2007
Subang
hmmmm i dont really think that 4age fc high lor.... so far... think is not too bad... still can survive.... dunno how much is my fc now... cos almost 7 months no drive my car liao... drive oso one month few days oni... :p

Captain Fast

Apr 9, 2007
I'm using 4AGE 20V and its still giving me around 11km/liter in normal driving. Engine is around 160,000 km mileage. All still depends on your right foot I believe. You can drive a Honda City but if you have a heavy foot will also bring your FC up. Stay light footed and shift between 2500 to 3000 rpm and you should be fine.

khengloong

Nov 11, 2004
horned ripper: wah u got 4age sitting at home and not driving? can let me test drive ma? lolz.

captain fast: i really dunno y my car so makan petrol. i service regularly and always on time. i think my right foot also quite obedient. lolz. but if i change my muffler 'tong' and i THINK i removed my CAT. will it really cause a drastic change to my FC?

yloon

Mar 31, 2005
i heard changing the fuel filter will improve the fuel consumption. not sure is true or not.
my 4AFE us 10-11km / litre, last time can get 12-13km / litre (full tank can get around 520-540km)

scottwrx

Nov 18, 2007
bro.. actually u need to calculate how much is the conversion cost and how much u travel
for example :
if u plan to use the car for 5 years

scenario one :
standard 4AFE engine - travel 2000km a month, 24k a year and 120k for 5 years
cost = nothing, coz u maintain the car only
benefit = also same, no changes
petrol cost ( 7.5km/l) (12000km/7.5l = 16000 liter x RM1.8 =RM28800 - petrol cost for 5 years

scenario two :
4AGE = same mileage
cost = RM5000
benefit = very syiok with 4 turtles screaming in your hood, very good pickup
petrol cost ( 11km/l) (12000km/11l = 10909 liter x RM1.8 =RM19636 - petrol cost for 5 years

scenario 3
vios engine = same mileage
cost = RM8000 - coz new engine and need a lot of mod, actually cost dunno... juz estimate
benefit = better fc, n may be lower torque n respond as compared to 4AFE
petrol cost ( 13km/l) (12000km/13l = 9230 liter x RM1.8 =RM16615 - petrol cost for 5 years

scenario 4
overhaul or change the engine . gearbox.......
cost= RM1500-2000
benefit = same same
petrol cost - may be better than ur current engine, but how good will it be? only god knows..

u compare urself n decide loh.. if i were u, i confirm convert... 4 turtle power!!!!!
racun...racun..racun... :thefinger:

yloon

Mar 31, 2005
scottwrx = racun king :) but respect your calculation.

When come to transplant, we need to pay transplant cost also ler, cheapest H/Cut also around 5k, workmanship also around 1.5k. so is RM6.5k liao ler... :p
if you want 6 speed, then other story liao. 6k only for the h/cut ler... :p

scottwrx

Nov 18, 2007
huh 5 speed now 5k already ar?? last time my 6 speed bzr only 5.3 k leh... but last time lah...

khengloong

Nov 11, 2004
wau scottwrx thanks for the comparison information. now still dunno want to do what. all i know
is that my SEG only giving me like 7-8km per litre. damn bad shape

Hi there,

I need to know:-

a. how many amp. of current going through each 4A-GZE injector? Or in other word,
b. how many ohm is the resistance of each solenoid resistor connected to each 4A-GZE injector?

Thanks.