wira vdo 4G15 can using kembara piston?

EE8913

Jul 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hello,may I ask how many job process for change piston?
just buy the kembara piston,kembara piston ring and bring my 4G15 vdo piston,con-rod go to engineering shop to change? don't need to skim lathe the piston? timing belt timing using back normal timing?
if future my head gasket boiling can skim my head or not?will hit the valve or head or not(after skim)?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Kembara can fit but you'll increase the compression quite a bit. So make sure you change the cylinder head gasket. You shouldn't need to lathe the piston or skim anything. If not mistaken it's plug and play. But no harm reboring the cylinder wall and adding a new liner.

Everything else is the same.

But why would you wanna do that? Get Campro 77mm pistons and 4G18 crank, rebore your cylinder wall and reline, then you'll get stroke and compression at the same time. Ok mah.

EE8913

Jul 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Kembara can fit but you'll increase the compression quite a bit. So make sure you change the cylinder head gasket. You shouldn't need to lathe the piston or skim anything. If not mistaken it's plug and play. But no harm reboring the cylinder wall and adding a new liner.

Everything else is the same.

But why would you wanna do that? Get Campro 77mm pistons and 4G18 crank, rebore your cylinder wall and reline, then you'll get stroke and compression at the same time. Ok mah.
Because I want to change piston ring and valve seal,but I july need to finish to use car...
and now not enough money to buy crank shaft and the rebore labour charge(how much rebore and process crankshaft modified?)

so head gasket using cherry top set ok?or need other metal gasket?
you know center pin is same mm diameter or not?
thank you thank you

EE8913

Jul 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Oh this one not sure bro. Best ask mech
can u pm me your phone number?
got any friends know about this?can you give me number?

have you or your friend/mech ever see that kembara piston in 4G15 block?
I want to know gasket can use normal one or metal
jb got any shop can ask?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm not in JB bro, so I can't advise you. I've personally seen the Kembara piston in a 4G15 before.

And Kembara piston is 75.5mm size, 4G15 is 75.5mm too. Same la.

EE8913

Jul 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I'm not in JB bro, so I can't advise you. I've personally seen the Kembara piston in a 4G15 before.

And Kembara piston is 75.5mm size, 4G15 is 75.5mm too. Same la.
when you seen the kembara piston in 4G15 times is when head is open,then you see piston is inside block? thenhave you see head is doing any cutting skim combustion chamber to avoid piston hit the valve and head?thank you so much for answer my question:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We've just seen N.GINE mag on our iPads! This free, made in Singapore, downloadable magazine is the ultimate companion for men with tablets in toilet! This 39-pager launch issue clocked well over 1000 downloads in less than 48hrs since its release last week. Who wouldn't be tempted? after all, it's created by the people at Burnpavement.com, possibly the best...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience