Windows Vista - Discussion Thread

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Windows Vista - Discussion Thread

I just snapped on Windows Vista - Ultimate Edition into my IBM ThinkPad R51, it looks great, feels better. Some how a bit hard as a advanced Windows XP user like me for the past years .. getting such thing like Windows Vista is a troublesome.

Have a small screenshot of mine.

Everything seems fine. But small problems could be faced such as User Access Control wont let u access files faster in certain area's of the platform without 2 confirmation screen.

Animations and styling are great and better than Windows XP. File moving (not copying) about 600MB done in about < 2 minutes. Simply awesome, this is wat I want, file transfer boosted alot.

The control panel seems abit messy, since Microsoft decided to individually seperate some internal and tabbed previous functions into icons. Damn! ..

Internet connection felt about slight increase .. about 5 - 8 percent faster, dont expect more than that with Streamyx.

Hope someone could put down here some experience, tips, ideas and tweaks .. for everyone to share .. I also need one.

Hat's off to Vista Ultimate .. personally I dunno about Home Basic ..bla bla watever, I choose to have the advanced ones into my Lenovo.

SakuraGuy

Last edited:

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
I myself am using Windows Vista Home Premium on my laptop. Tips, dont have lo. But, Vista Graphics damn nice. We switch between programmes use Alt+Tab right? You can also press the Windows button+Tab giving you the 3D option of changing between programmes.

For control panel just choose the Classic View. You'll be able to use the old view as well.

For more help, look for the geeks at Windows Vista :: the How-To Geek

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
My bro laptop with, Pentium Duo Core 1.8Ghz, and 1.5Ghz RAM, currently use Window vista (dont know what version) but in static or idle, already use 50% of the RAM... Very heavy one... For me, not compatible yet la...

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
For me, window vista is still not stable yet. Also, its consuming alot of rams. Im trying to run solidworks with window vista, it can, but slow.

Another problem which all my frens came across was file transfering. Plug in external hdd, copy over 2gb files, it will just hang there for a long time after transfering half way. I have checked with microsoft and still no solution for this problem. Too bad so sad.

There is a way to lower down the ram usage, which is the auto-defrag function. Vista auto defrag the files after some time or file transfering. (if not mistaken)

eujin

1,000 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
wajaland
vista is using to much resources, thts y it takes alot of ur RAM......i better stick to xp sp2....

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
fritz. I've been using vista for 7 months+. The problem you stated about the file transfer of files above 2GB+ I never face ler. I keep transfer files above 5GB also no problem. Could it be some other problem?

Although Vista is still new, the fact is that it is actually much more better compared to Windows XP when it was just introduced. Vista's only current problem is that it has some compatilibity problem. Other than that, everything is running rather smoothly.

About the RAM consumption of Windows Vista, I believe it also depends on your computer specs and the way you use it. Just remember to update your Windows Vista everyday(if there's new upgrade) to make sure things run smoothly.

I truly believe the SP1 for Vista will be out soon. Anyway, Vista is the way to go. Only depends if you're gonna do it now or later.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BEX 6162
Wira Sedan 1.6 grey...
bodypart wira black front
behind with evo kit
rim advan RR 16

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience