why my kenari rear tyre eat outter part.

happyjohn

Aug 15, 2007
my kenari both rear tyre was eat outter part, the right 1 quite serious; the left 1 is not so serious.. i ever go to ask the tyre shop, they say is my rear axle shaft was bend.. -_-|| alamak.. !!
but today i sent to other type shop 2 check, but they say my axle shaft is still straight.. ..if i nexe time i change new rear type its still like that,duh, i really don know now i think i will bankrap lor ...so plz any sifu o tai lou to help me solve this problem plz.. :banghead: :banghead:

dome zero

Known Member
Jun 14, 2006
my kenari both rear tyre was eat outter part, the right 1 quite serious; the left 1 is not so serious.. i ever go to ask the tyre shop, they say is my rear axle shaft was bend.. -_-|| alamak.. !!
but today i sent to other type shop 2 check, but they say my axle shaft is still straight.. ..if i nexe time i change new rear type its still like that,duh, i really don know now i think i will bankrap lor ...so plz any sifu o tai lou to help me solve this problem plz.. :banghead: :banghead:
hav u send ur car to tyre shop to check ur wheel aligment b4?

happyjohn

Aug 15, 2007
kenari rear got camber alignment ??? i already sent to tyre shop to check. but someone say the rear cannot adjust alignment 1 .. :( they say if rear tyre eat too serious need to change the rear axle !!

drew1.0beta

Known Member
May 27, 2006
oh sorry..i think dun have..
the rear axle is using 'trailing beam' i think..it isnt independent..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
kenari rear cannot be adjust, its fixed.

try ask ur fren follow ar ur back when u driving, if ur car 'lari' one side...then its ur axle problem.

btw, do u hit any big hole or accident before? check ur absorber/spring also.

happyjohn

Aug 15, 2007
ic... my car never accident..
about the absorber i think that condition still good.. but the spring i don know how 2 check .. mind 2 give me some tips 2 check the rear spring ??? ?
it is the rear bearing problem ???

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
The kenari and kelisa use a torsion beam at the back which basically means there is this great big piece of metal connecting both rear wheels. And therefore no realignment can be done if it goes off. You just have to change it.

Its pretty hard to bend the beam itself, unless you were involved in a great big accident or something. But it is possible to have bent the ends (the piece where the wheel is attached) of the beam if you have shunted the wheel into something pretty hard.

happyjohn

Aug 15, 2007
The kenari and kelisa use a torsion beam at the back which basically means there is this great big piece of metal connecting both rear wheels. And therefore no realignment can be done if it goes off. You just have to change it.

Its pretty hard to bend the beam itself, unless you were involved in a great big accident or something. But it is possible to have bent the ends (the piece where the wheel is attached) of the beam if you have shunted the wheel into something pretty hard.
oic.. so that is not my rear axle problem is it??? so what is the problem cause my rear tyre eat outter part ?? erm... is it my tyre no good ???

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Like I said, it the ends of the beam, where the wheel attaches to it, might be bent.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
This is the roughly how the beam/axle looks like;

|----------------|
|----------------|

What may have happen is this;

|----------------/
|---------------/

Pardon the bad drawing. But that maybe what has happened. That part (the piece at the end where the brake assembly and wheel is attached to may have been slightly bent. Because that part if welded solid to the axle, any repair jobs will be tricky and might not be realigned properly by the repairman anyway. So best is to change the whole beam/axle.

Hope that helps. I may be wrong, I'm just guessing, so you'll need your mechanic to check thoroughly.

happyjohn

Aug 15, 2007
- oic...i ever listen someone say that can be adjust back also.. but that place is at KL area :( i am kuching ppl so cannot oOo...
- if i wan to change the rear axle, how much for that??? ( wad is the price of rear axle )
- anyway thanks ur comment ya!

Last edited:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
- oic...i ever listen someone say that can be adjust back also.. but that place is at KL area :( i am kuching ppl so cannot oOo...
- if i wan to change the rear axle, how much for that??? ( wad is the price of rear axle )
- anyway thanks ur comment ya!
last time i asked is around rm600....not so sure....try to check it out...kuching i guess is more expensive...but guess it still below rm1000. dun ask at SC...for sure its expensive

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello pals,

I stay in BM . I wish to modidy my air filter ( drop -in ) and exhaust system ( extractor to muffler ).

But, can somebody recommend me which shop is good and reliable in Penang, Prai, BM, Kulim or Butterworth ??

My budget is a around RM 1000.

Just need to know which SHOP.

Thanx

voon
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience