Why Bahasa Melayu is Not Suitable for Science & Maths

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
You're lucky to learn science and maths in english from form 4 onwards. I'm one of the not so lucky fella learn everything in malay and suffer to understand terms explain in english at college....
Yeah .. you proved it based on your experience ..this is what the goverment should do , getting feedback from students

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
and i wonder why the oppositions are against the PPSMI...?

and the worst part the government buckle to their demand just to garner votes in future elections...

bah....dont want to think about it....i want to go and buy new "kayu ria" and razor gaming "tetikus" for my computer....

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Totally agree. If the government want to make things happen in Germany, France, Russia ....... make sure they can educate their people speak REAL english than bloody manglish, thinking of myself being 1 of the manglish fella make me feel damn embarrassing and sick !!!! :mad:
too bad, most of the teacher/teacher wannabe is really bad in English.... thats why u can saw so many English teacher is from other races than Malay...

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Talking about teachers ..haha .. I had a teacher who thought biology but teach/speak in bm even though we are learning in english ..therefore , no one listens to her ..hahaha ..means she speak/teach in bm refering to an english biology textbook :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Why need to use language as the excuse for the failing that caused by the culture? Some people lazy, some people being baby-sat since born, and etc. If 1 person really wanna learn something, language will be the last problem before IQ. Initiative will be the 1st one then follow by the will.

In the school, the teachers' jobs are to pass over the knowledge to the students. As long as the student understand and WILLING to learn, then will be ok. But the current situation, most students are heading to the trendy fashion or show off gadgets, some thinking anti teachers are cool, some even know to enjoy the fun of poking or being poked. When the school try to pull them back, the parents will start singing like MC Hammer - you can't touch this (him/her). When their children get bad result, they will turn their face to Def Leppard and sing Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad, to their friends, neighbor, relative and etc.

Our education system is still far away from world class. The gov is trying hard to full fill the peoples' request (that's why such thing like teaching maths and science with English can came out). No one will remember the purpose of education. Everyone just want their children can go into U and after that become a money making machine. What can I say? I wanna sing They Don't care About Us, people will throw bad eggs because they do care about their children's $$ future, over care some more. Wanna sing LMF's 債 , those bananas ( 黃皮膚嘅鬼仔 ) will say I discriminate them. :thefinger:

We have our language and we should proud of it. We can learn other language but should never let down ours. Sht, if can put Mr. Wee's 麻坡的華語 Muar's Mandarin MV with the middle finger part onto here sure dem syiok :thefinger: Mother language is proven to be the best education used language for the whole world. But there are many still think oversea's moon always rounder.

To understand both
and C8H18 don't need good english. If don't know the 1st one, can bang the head onto the wall and don't know the 2nd one, can buy 1L with RM1.90 to drink. Knowing excellent english but with a robotic brain is kind of shame as a human. Only mother language can bring us alive. Bananas are in the exception list. Because their mother language is english. Hopefully their maths can be better than me who fail quite a bit.

Sorry, I don't think this thread's title and the server thing are funny. Because it put every single Malaysian passport holder in shame. I hope the foreign immigration control officers won't look at me and try to control themselves for not laughing. Don't let posting urge faster than your brain processing speed.

Bump:
Talking about teachers ..haha .. I had a teacher who thought biology but teach/speak in bm even though we are learning in english ..therefore , no one listens to her ..hahaha ..means she speak/teach in bm refering to an english biology textbook :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
If half of your classmates score A1 in English, you can laugh as much as you can.

ham_m2

500 RPM
Feb 9, 2007
Klang/KL
www.friendster.com
well its good to start studying maths n science in english from primary level...Then when you went to University it wont be a problem...
But some said,we must make it back into Bahasa Melayu as we need our younger generation to like our bahasa melayu...or else they might forget their own language...
Some say we are being dominated by American coz we want everybody to speak in english...

But what i can say is that,whether we learn maths n science in english or malay,it doesnt matter if we dont really like English language we cant learn anything...

Like in my working area which is Hotel Industry,we all have to speak english...Sadly i can see that lots of Malay student cant really speak english...Until one of my friend ask me,"Takkan takde hotel cakap dlm bahasa melayu?"(Sorry its written in malay)Then i say,where got...English is the only language that we use in hotel world...
Lots of my malay friends said,They dont really hav the interest in learning english...
So how can they really speak and write in english if they dont really have the interest in learning english?
Even if the government put every subject in school to teach in english,the government still wont achieve their target...

Its the student interest that matters...

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Bump:

If half of your classmates score A1 in English, you can laugh as much as you can.
Lol ..obviously more than half ..95% atleast ..:biggrin:

Bump:
well its good to start studying maths n science in english from primary level...Then when you went to University it wont be a problem...
But some said,we must make it back into Bahasa Melayu as we need our younger generation to like our bahasa melayu...or else they might forget their own language...
Some say we are being dominated by American coz we want everybody to speak in english...

But what i can say is that,whether we learn maths n science in english or malay,it doesnt matter if we dont really like English language we cant learn anything...

Like in my working area which is Hotel Industry,we all have to speak english...Sadly i can see that lots of Malay student cant really speak english...Until one of my friend ask me,"Takkan takde hotel cakap dlm bahasa melayu?"(Sorry its written in malay)Then i say,where got...English is the only language that we use in hotel world...
Lots of my malay friends said,They dont really hav the interest in learning english...
So how can they really speak and write in english if they dont really have the interest in learning english?
Even if the government put every subject in school to teach in english,the government still wont achieve their target...

Its the student interest that matters...
Yeah ..you got a point there .. It is based on their personalities actually .. I am not disgracing of insulting or anything towards my statement .. For instance , the mandarin speaking students , the foreign students from China , Korea , Africa , India in my class are trying their very best to learn in english ..How is this so ,that they actually TRY to speak in english , write in english , uses a dictionary devices as a guide ..Some of you might say , that " Indirectly they are forced to learn or speak or write in english in order to get a cert " but , to think twice , they could just go to a college or university of their own which is based on their own language .. :driver:

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
it's ok lar, just put in more effort and you can cope with it. I was from the BM era too, it all depends on your commitment towards your study.

Don't shoot me... :vroam:
Bro i won't shoot u lar, here is just a place we make discussion not shooting ppl around, we all on the same page wut...... Nobody is right or wrong :smokin:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

salam 1 kangkung.

i'm lemongrass farmer.my kebun are little far away from road but dont need 4x4.

every day i just harvest 2 bakul of lemongrass for several restaurants' demand

i'm planning to replace my van.there are two choice:

terrano RM 9k + sr20det h/c auto 4k +trans cost 3k=16 k

pajero l049 11k + 4d56t h/c auto 8k + trans cost 4k=23 k

my budget 20k+7k of van sale = 27 k

i hope otai's can give opinions to help me make choice.
pardon my english:proud:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience