Which is da best? Ron 95..shell,bhp,esso???

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Also if the Esso station being just name changed to PETRON, then you can earn 1.5 points for every RM1 petrol filled

Example if you pump RM100 worth of petrol you get 150 points, plus free box of tissue paper for every RM40 pumped.

Tissue paper may come handy, especially for those who like to raba-raba "hot" things whilst in the car....

And you'll probably know whom i am referring to....

hahaha.....:girlshit::playingball::puke::elefant::elefant::elefant:
Ling Gu? :rofl: He got no chance to use the tissue also leh :adore:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Yes... if u referring to power its esso, bhp, caltex then petronas, but petonas give my car 20km more compare to other, so after some calculation petronas save the most, been using it for 6 year n over 10k liter already. Plus esso is far from where im staying even working, petronas is always round the corner.

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
I would definitely choose Shell becoz good FC for sure, smooth engine running, cleaner fuel burning and better performance..(most of all I LOVE the smell) :listen:

Mobil/Esso not bad lha.. good also but NOT Petronas..used in my mothers old saga. No good lha:banghead: no power, engine smelly etc. After using shell can feel the difference :driver:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
I would definitely choose Shell becoz good FC for sure, smooth engine running, cleaner fuel burning and better performance..(most of all I LOVE the smell) :listen:

Mobil/Esso not bad lha.. good also but NOT Petronas..used in my mothers old saga. No good lha:banghead: no power, engine smelly etc. After using shell can feel the difference :driver:
Sorry for shell, it produce knock n engine sound rough n no power in all my car, but RON97 n Vpower no problem.:hmmmm: Maybe my car dun like cheap sea food...

Last edited:

cheeft

1,000 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
yeah totally agree that Shell RON95 is not that good... i find my car underpowered and unwilling to rev... other petrol my car won't fuel cut only Shell will...

I would rank them in this order

BHP
ESSO/Mobil/Petron
Caltex
Petronas

Shell!!!

mcdull

Sep 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Today i just pump full tank petronas petrol. today my journey langat-ampang-jinjang-rawang-bkt beruntung-manjalara-ss2-langat just use rm20 petrol onli. but once full pedal above 5.5k rpm start a bit knocking sound. shell n esso wont like tat... power ok oso, gd fc. but today my balance point all deduct already fr petronas..

Civic Type R

Known Member
Jun 6, 2011
Sarawak
forum.myviclub.com
My case Shell just better fc,that's it,nth more,not rev able.. Am on Petronas all the time cuz more rev able,only the downside is higher fc.. Nvm,my VTEC need more power! :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I sometimes do wonder, does brands of petrol make a lot of difference to our car performance? or is just psychology?

I'm a loyal customer of SHELL and have been pumping SHELL for many years. I do feel the difference between RON97 and RON95,
RON97 more responsive and smoother than RON95.

So, just 2 days ago, I was running low on petrol traveling from Old Klang Road heading KL. SO, thought of pumping at the SHELL
at Old Klang Road, bugger closed for renovation nvm. Drive all the way to Pusat Bandar Damansara. DAMN! Renovation as well???

I was like WTF!? Okay nvm, thought of driving to Segambut to pump, but saw a petrol station PETRON, haih F&^% Shell, pump
Petron. Pump RM20 1st :rofl:

Then, I do feel the responds slightly better, But told myself, maybe is just psychology wise...:hmmmm2:

Civic Type R

Known Member
Jun 6, 2011
Sarawak
forum.myviclub.com
Lol.. Just a lil diff only bro.. Some Shell stations good,some Petronas stations good,but not all are same.. Did encounter a Petronas station near Delta Mall Sibu,their RON95 far worse than any RON95 Shell i've ever encountered.. Any average Shell is far better than that particular Petronas.. :banghead:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
There r many rumor saying many station mix their ron97 petrol with something(ron95 maybe) ron95 with (???) bcos their fuel quality was sh!t, car turn into limp mode with ron97, mostly shell outside city area, so beware... Cos we never know what they put in the fuel just to save their money, we at SCM most have ban using shell just to be save... so beware...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
There r many rumor saying many station mix their ron97 petrol with something(ron95 maybe) ron95 with (???) bcos their fuel quality was sh!t, car turn into limp mode with ron97, mostly shell outside city area, so beware... Cos we never know what they put in the fuel just to save their money, we at SCM most have ban using shell just to be save... so beware...
Shell in Manjalara should be fine gua..unless u say small town like Sg.Siput...

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Shell in Manjalara should be fine gua..unless u say small town like Sg.Siput...
Not sure but most member traveling out town will avoid fueling shell just to be save, few member kena already...:banghead:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I sometimes do wonder, does brands of petrol make a lot of difference to our car performance? or is just psychology?

I'm a loyal customer of SHELL and have been pumping SHELL for many years. I do feel the difference between RON97 and RON95,
RON97 more responsive and smoother than RON95.

So, just 2 days ago, I was running low on petrol traveling from Old Klang Road heading KL. SO, thought of pumping at the SHELL
at Old Klang Road, bugger closed for renovation nvm. Drive all the way to Pusat Bandar Damansara. DAMN! Renovation as well???

I was like WTF!? Okay nvm, thought of driving to Segambut to pump, but saw a petrol station PETRON, haih F&^% Shell, pump
Petron. Pump RM20 1st :rofl:

Then, I do feel the responds slightly better, But told myself, maybe is just psychology wise...:hmmmm2:

its not just psychology...

it is real...because not all fuel blended same even with same RON rating....diff fuel brand have their own additive to get their best performance...thus diff car behave differently with same fuel.....

in my simple tested own theory...for engine that prone to knocking when using shell ron95, try out the petronas ron95 and see the outcome....

for people who suffer low mileage with petronas they should try petron/esso/mobil and see the result....

:listen:

Civic Type R

Known Member
Jun 6, 2011
Sarawak
forum.myviclub.com
No choice.. Only Shell & Petronas avail at my place,hence on Petronas.. :hmmmm2:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
ESSO is the nearest to my house. Have yet to change to PETRON yet. I like the design, like modern design. Makes me feel like
as if im pumping my car at one of the petrol stations that Takumi is working at...:rofl: Design wise la haha! The feel...

Maybe will try Petron for now...I pump Shell also cuz of Bonuslink and cuz F1 uses them :rofl: and their logo is on Ferraris team or
watsoever related to ferrari...

Only Shell, Petronas and Esso is nearest to my house...Shell and Petronas have to drive out about 3 mins drive.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bros,

Can the person who bought this car JDY796 pls contact me....urgent

Actually, i had sold this car to him on behalf of a friend in April' 08 but I just found out that he still hasn't done the transfer for the car yet. As such, my friend is receiving police summonses when he's not even driving the car!

I really hope you can help me locate him or maybe leave a note on his car to call me urgently (016-7100021) otherwise we may have no choice but to lodge a police report on the matter...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience