Which F1 team Kimi shall pick?

Which Team Kimi shall go for 2008?

• McLaren (Stick with old boss and have a close fight with Alonso)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ferrari (Be Ferrari No.1 driver after Schumi retired)

• Ferrari (Be Ferrari No.2 driver if Schumi con't his contract with Ferrari)

• Renault (to fill up empty Alonso's empty slot. No.1 driver for Renault)

• Other team (and WHY?)

• Total voters

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
All F1 fans know that Kimi's McLaren contract end of this year.
And there are lot's of rumours Kimi may join the prancing horse next year.
Which Team shall Kimi pick? Currently he have 3 top options in hand.

Which team that you think that kimi shall move to?

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Renault have the best package on the grid so far this year, however few factor may affect Renault's performance next season

1. Withdrawal of Michelin tyre may cause Renault have performance drop (we all know that who is Bridgestone's "Preferred partner")
2. Although Renault confirm that commitment for F1 until 2008. But Looks like Renault do not have long term commitment, it all depends on how good the team perform.

Ferrari
1. Schumi is a key factor in Ferrari, no driver (except new drivers) will want to be No.2 in Ferarri.

McLaren
1. Reliability
2. Lack of speed, might due to Mr. Newey departure?
3. Michelin runner as well.

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
There are only 2 options for kimi to move...one to Renault and another Ferrari. Ferrari expressed interest in Kimi...and Renault need a driver...but never expressed interest in Kimi but there might be talk behind the scene....

but i think he will stay with Mclaren..... :)

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I say Kimi goes to Ferrari. Otherwise, he'd stay at McLaren and duke it out with Alonso (brings memories of Prost and Senna this).

If I were Kimi, I'd go to Ferrari. All things point to Ferrari's resurgence next season. The tyres being a very critical factor. The Prancing Horse is already catching up to Renault this season. Renault have peaked and had their moment, next season they could very well struggle with Michelin gone.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
man... Kimi's too good to not win any championship. Should leave..... getting alittle frustrated wit McLaren Mercedes.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Yeah, Kimi just doesn't have the car underneath him this season to do anything about catching the Ferraris and the Renaults. What the hell happened to McLaren?, struggling to find pace after last season's super fast effort (although unreliable). This season it seems to be the complete opposite, reliability with no pace. McLaren has really let Kimi down and all his best efforts go down the dumpster.

I'll be sad to see him drive for another team but for his sake, I hope he leaves for a fresh start in a strong team. His time at McLaren has been all about bad luck and disappointment.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
i still remember mika hakkinen's last season... engine kept blowing.. once even right before the finish line... wahlau.. frust.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
kimi "inherit" that from Mika. Thanks to Merc wonderful engine.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
btw, news

Räikkönen gives up title fight
http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=118332

You don't give up the title fight at this early stage, I can smell that Kimi is really pissed with McLaren (or Ron Dennis? :biggrin:)

PS: Ron Dennis will keep his mouth shut when ever his team is in bad shape, but once McLaren on top, he will make all kind of non-sense comment.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
The performance graph of McLaren is win the championship for one or two years consecutively and then staying away from the title for a few years. Just like what happen to Hakkinen. If Kimi is in a hurry, he should opt for ferrari, but if he has the patient, he should stay at McLaren and wait for his time to come like what Hakkinen advice him to do.

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
BlackSamurai said:
btw, news

Räikkönen gives up title fight
http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=118332

You don't give up the title fight at this early stage, I can smell that Kimi is really pissed with McLaren (or Ron Dennis? :biggrin:)

PS: Ron Dennis will keep his mouth shut when ever his team is in bad shape, but once McLaren on top, he will make all kind of non-sense comment.
haha i cant agree more with ur last comment, although i would like to correct abit, he makes more noise when his team is winning races but not championship.. that time he is the king of excuses.

btw back to the topic, kimi sounds more demotivated than piss to me, but then who can blame him, one of the top 3 drivers who does not hav the equipment to put up a fight with the other 2 drivers (MS n FA). sad for him sad for us as it would be damn exciting to watch them fight

as for next year i kinda hope he either team up with MS or FA, haha then we are set for a classic season where the greatest drivers of this era will be going head to head in identical machines, can u jus imagine the fire it would create?

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
GT3, to recreate the classic season of prost and senna if Kimi team up with MS or FA is only 50/50! One of the great driver of the team might be demotivated or maybe out of sight of the team like what had happen to Juan Pablo Montoya of McLaren. The performance of the car that is being driven by them also play a vital role and we must not forget that there are others talented and promising drivers on the grid like Button and Rosberg.

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
Daniel Lee said:
GT3, to recreate the classic season of prost and senna if Kimi team up with MS or FA is only 50/50! One of the great driver of the team might be demotivated or maybe out of sight of the team like what had happen to Juan Pablo Montoya of McLaren. The performance of the car that is being driven by them also play a vital role and we must not forget that there are others talented and promising drivers on the grid like Button and Rosberg.
yea i know the chance is slim but hell since its not decided or at least published to the public yet, lets hav a guess.. n frankly i believe MS or FA is much more consistent n mature compared to JPM, so should be the real battle..

in fact i would to see who is superior to their team mate is such arrangement is made, it will decide who is boss

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Kimi will most likely end up in Ferrari. However, i think it hinges on Schumacher's decision too. Kimi is a real fighter, you could even call him egoistic but he'll definitely not want to play second fiddle to Michael. So, i do think this year will be Michael's last.

As for Mclaren, their season just got worst. By the way it looks, they'll start to fall behind Honda soon if they don't start to make the most out of the car. This years car was designed by Adrian Newey, who left for Red Bull. Quite obviously Mclaren is missing Newey as the car designer is always the one who knows the car best.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Given an empty chequebook, we would all like to fill our ride’s mods list with the best JDM hardware the Yen can buy. Of course, for the majority of us, the crunching hammer blow of reality is more often than not thundering enough to bring us back to reality where bank balances don’t always balance out with buckets of boost we intend to run...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience