evo1,evo2 or evo3.
which 1 is great performance and reliable engine
or just mod my currently engine
tqvm

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
GO FOR EVO 3 but check with the workshop and jpj and puspakom can or not now days la
malaysia law some time say ok sametime say no la no standard.

check it out...

vesparado

Jul 13, 2010
johor bahru
ok
i also thinking to get evo 3 but some people say evo 3 easy to break down.
i do know that true or not
that workshop say to me he can help for registration
anyway thanks for reply....

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
evo3 is better in the sense that its newer....
n also hav slight diff from the previous evo1 and 2....
ppl say evo3 easy breakdown mostly coz its compression is slightly higher....
so if u were to up boost say to 1bar without any management, it might not b safe compared to evo1 n 2 which hav a slightly lower compression.....

btw, saw u r from jb....shich workshop u go to???

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
normally go for the newest version within ur budget. consider also the engine management system if the halfcut does not include one. installation and wiring also a figure. brakes, suspension, meters for monitoring stuff too.

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
evo2 and evo3 half cuts not much of diff in pricing....
n if he were to get halfcut....those above dat u mentioned will come in it....
except those monitoring stuff like meters n all la....most of the halfcut dont come wif additional meters....got also a boost meter.....
those wif many many meters will b modded ones n cost like crazy....

vesparado

Jul 13, 2010
johor bahru
i go to the ams performance at mount austin,their shop have h/cut and he also moded engine.
i see that h/cut more prefer to mitsubishi engine coz so many car moded with evo n mivec in their shop but yesterday i see he setup b18c vtec.maybe he can do anything.hehe

in that h/cut got evo 1 n evo2 h/cut.the owner suggest me to take evo 2 coz 1 from h/cut evo2 in that shop have gadget like blitz boost meter,blitz oil temp meter,omori eksos temp meter,blitz boost controller,hks bov,speed meter n turbo timer i do know what brand.he say computer box also moded.he offer to me rm 11k all goes with install n register,my currently engine trade in..

my car right now already using cusco coilover and evo brake front n rear.

so should i choose that engine?... coz my heart still prefer to evo 3 engine.but i know later so hard to get h/cut with gadget like that

anyway thank you for reply...

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
the price he quote seems rather reasonable....
for those gadgets and he's taking care of the installation and inspection.....

but to b honest, gadgets all u can get it installed in the future...most important is a healthy engine.....
will the 11k include the evo brake set?? i know u r using evo brakes, but at least u can sell it off n offset some cost.....

anyway....mayb u can go and source around also....n if u really wan a evo3....then go source for evo3....if not u'll continue to live in regrets...

vesparado

Jul 13, 2010
johor bahru
thanks for reply
i also think about that, i don't want regrets anymore coz before i already regrets coz before my auto gearbox broken.i want change to perdana v6 auto gearbox but the workshop say v6 easy to broken laa bla bla bla so i follow he say using 1.6 gearbox.until now i regret about that.my wife also bla bla bal to me.but not in that h/cut laa, another workshop

so if i choose evo 3 engine, how to maintain that engine,what gadgets should i install 1st.
u mention before about management.is that engine management like safc, emanage or get boost controller or etc
tqvm

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
if u directly drop evo3 n run stock....u dun need any gadget/management....
wat kindda power u looking at?? a jump from ur 4g92 auto to evo.....the power enuf to last u for quite some time....believe me.....u might not even dare to full throttle in the beginning....
but if u aiming to mod the engine further for mega horsepower....then choosing evo1/2/3 doesnt matter.....coz u gonna change the internals n other parts anyway.....
if u really wants some gadget....then a boost meter and turbo timer for the start....
after dat mayb can consider those oil/water temp, oil/fuel press, etc etc la.....
yea...management means somethin to do wif ecu....either piggyback or standalone la.....

btw....if u really wanna look for evo3 half cuts....my mech there i think got a few....in stock condition....

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

evo3 is better, newer technology.
can elaborate more on wat's the newer technology all abt???

vesparado

Jul 13, 2010
johor bahru
i tired using auto coz with auto that engine cannot perform too much.. i just want play 'syok syok' with turbo coz right now im using a stock auto engine..i think if i mod my 4g92 engine + - RM for moded equal to change evo engine which evo is better than 4g92...i also agree u say at beginning i not dare to full throttle so ok la for beginning just use stock engine maybe after some time i go for mega horsepower

people also say evo 3 gearbox and turbo is different than previous evo..more 'umph' laa..is that true??..if that true so better laa if i choose evo 3

so u say u mech have some evo 3 h/cut,where u mech shop,i can survey 1st
tqvm

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

i tired using auto coz with auto that engine cannot perform too much.. i just want play 'syok syok' with turbo coz right now im using a stock auto engine..i think if i mod my 4g92 engine + - RM for moded equal to change evo engine which evo is better than 4g92...i also agree u say at beginning i not dare to full throttle so ok la for beginning just use stock engine maybe after some time i go for mega horsepower

people also say evo 3 gearbox and turbo is different than previous evo..more 'umph' laa..is that true??..if that true so better laa if i choose evo 3

so u say u mech have some evo 3 h/cut,where u mech shop,i can survey 1st
tqvm

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
go for evo 3 bro the high compression is dam nice for daily driving the turbo kicks in very quickly as well and it is the best out of evo 1/2/3 at pure stock form of course though it cannot boost higher than 1 bar safely with stock internals but since u upgrading from 1.6 auto even the stock form also u sure dam STIM wan hehehe
i also just upgrade to evo 3 from 4g93 dam shiok man eventhough only boosting 0.5 bar regularly still havent full throttle also coz already enough power for me :biggrin:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
but i dont think can endorse from 4G92 - 4G63T.
maybe considering to upgrade to 4G93T GSR? or with 1.6 mivec head?

ive seen a putra 4G93 n/a with mivec 1.6 head & toyota 4age trumpet = damn powerful.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

My name is Steven, i just change my engine from 4G15 to 4G93 SOHC.

Now my exhaust still maintance to stock, any my friend say that need to change bigger piping and also extrator, bullet and muffler, but i dont know what size was better on my car.

I got a bad experiance before on 4G15, i only change to straight bullet and top speed at 145km/h only, very teruk........
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience