Which Engine Oil for Ur B or H Series? And why?

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
before it became a weekend car, it was my daily drive, of course not to work as i was not employed back then.

i drove around quite alot, i often travel to my workshop located in sri kembangan - easily 40-50km to and fro, and i visited them almost everyday for about 3 weeks because minor adjustments/tuning was needed. baru transplant maaaaa

so safe to say, my car was my daily drive for abit, before it became my weekend car. of course by daily drive i dont mean i drive it to work and do sales(travel like 150-200km PER DAY). but per day distance would be somewhere around 50kms or so.

never toped up the engine oil before. even now.

still not eligible ke?

kangyoon20

Over 10,000 RPM!
Apr 1, 2005
Malaysia
www.geocities.com
used 2 times honda lev fully and last week change to M7 semi on my half year old b16a
heard from SG foreman mostly recommend fully 5W40
used the lev feel ok, not much feeling..hehe
changed to M7 as recommended by the workshop recommended by AD_EG
price about the same for M7 semi wif lev fully
but did feel rev lighter
not sure long term high rev effect yet
hv to top up often? i din take back the remaining oil leh bro...T.T

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
used 2 times honda lev fully and last week change to M7 semi on my half year old b16a
heard from SG foreman mostly recommend fully 5W40
used the lev feel ok, not much feeling..hehe
changed to M7 as recommended by the workshop recommended by AD_EG
price about the same for M7 semi wif lev fully
but did feel rev lighter
not sure long term high rev effect yet
hv to top up often? i din take back the remaining oil leh bro...T.T
in my case its different bro :biggrin: i go drags often,and i play non stop for around 2 hours,and i play on the road late at night,so i'm constantly "enjoying" my baby...so its only natural my oil should be topped up...M7 is seriously great,i have no regrets....so dont worry bro,you will be alright...my car abit different...:biggrin:

hows the cover? any sign of leaks? how is your idle?
oil you never take back? usually he will put in all 4 litres bro...anyway after 2k or 3k KM,check your oil,if you need a topup....just come over. :nurse: we will top up for you..when you say high rev,what figure are you looking at? cause 8k is considered normal for your engine...even if its on a daily basis you will be fine.

im trying to survey any alternative oil base on our forums feedback for their baby,then i will test it,and recommend to bro tiong for further feedback and see what he says...for now our best oil is M7..if dont find anything that performs close to this with a price tag less then M7,then we will be sticking with it..if we manage to find oil which performs like or better than M7,around the same price...we will start using that.

Now i am testing royal purple.feeling not as nice as M7,revs not as light,engine not as quiet also...but still acceptable...but not yet take it to pasir gudang...that day raining,track close.

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

before it became a weekend car, it was my daily drive, of course not to work as i was not employed back then.

i drove around quite alot, i often travel to my workshop located in sri kembangan - easily 40-50km to and fro, and i visited them almost everyday for about 3 weeks because minor adjustments/tuning was needed. baru transplant maaaaa

so safe to say, my car was my daily drive for abit, before it became my weekend car. of course by daily drive i dont mean i drive it to work and do sales(travel like 150-200km PER DAY). but per day distance would be somewhere around 50kms or so.

never toped up the engine oil before. even now.

still not eligible ke?
hehehe...ic ic.then maybe not that bad la...must try it out and see

Last edited:

kangyoon20

Over 10,000 RPM!
Apr 1, 2005
Malaysia
www.geocities.com
i never drag and track wif this car b4 la
haven got the chance and the car is not ready yet
once it is ready then it will be driven to its top ability..hehe
i still on standard ecu, daily drive to sch only less than 2km cant rev also haha
but when got chance surely i'll let it exercise a bit

the cover looks fine, no oil leak so far
will do the entire timing belt kit change this coming weekend
if got time then i'll bring my stuff to XH for change ok?
in my case its different bro :biggrin: i go drags often,and i play non stop for around 2 hours,and i play on the road late at night,so i'm constantly "enjoying" my baby...so its only natural my oil should be topped up...M7 is seriously great,i have no regrets....so dont worry bro,you will be alright...my car abit different...:biggrin:

hows the cover? any sign of leaks? how is your idle?
oil you never take back? usually he will put in all 4 litres bro...anyway after 2k or 3k KM,check your oil,if you need a topup....just come over. :nurse: we will top up for you..when you say high rev,what figure are you looking at? cause 8k is considered normal for your engine...even if its on a daily basis you will be fine.

im trying to survey any alternative oil base on our forums feedback for their baby,then i will test it,and recommend to bro tiong for further feedback and see what he says...for now our best oil is M7..if dont find anything that performs close to this with a price tag less then M7,then we will be sticking with it..if we manage to find oil which performs like or better than M7,around the same price...we will start using that.

Now i am testing royal purple.feeling not as nice as M7,revs not as light,engine not as quiet also...but still acceptable...but not yet take it to pasir gudang...that day raining,track close.

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

hehehe...ic ic.then maybe not that bad la...must try it out and see

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
i never drag and track wif this car b4 la
haven got the chance and the car is not ready yet
once it is ready then it will be driven to its top ability..hehe
i still on standard ecu, daily drive to sch only less than 2km cant rev also haha
but when got chance surely i'll let it exercise a bit

the cover looks fine, no oil leak so far
will do the entire timing belt kit change this coming weekend
if got time then i'll bring my stuff to XH for change ok?
hehehe...no worries bro...a few more visits,and you will definitely be ready to test your baby.

good to hear about solved leaking issue...hope to see you soon :nurse:

violetrange

Feb 5, 2009
how about bardahl motor oil bro, 5-40w? fully syn cost only rm95 here in sabah.. west only cost rm85.. so cheap for fully syn motor oil.. but i didnt test it yet... need advice also.. now i'm using idemitsu mineral.. 15-40w.. often to topped up.. around 1liter before next service.. but i use my baby hard lorr.. everday vtec kick.. 8k rpm.. can i use fully syn? just concern it will be more oil guzzler... coz it is fully syn... my engine x have any leak or any probs.. just fine. even asap pun x lorr.. any advice?

Areignz

Known Member
Jan 28, 2005
Me using honda lev semi synthetic for my b18.still ok.Can rev easily and not burning much engine oil when u always VTEC.Want to try MOTUL one day cause many people says good.

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
hmm...motul or other brand i never tested in my experience wanted to try one day oso ...i use idetmitsu and honda LEV but both same manufacturer lah ...for honda fully syn i put always coz free mah,i din feel anything bad about this oil for both my 4age20valve and b18c.i used to rev my engine till 9.5krpm...all condition ok..when i drain the oil out when service the oil din really black kao kao.i feel this oil not bad but the viscosity thin a bit lah ..just top up once when i go bak penang with the speed of 230kmh most of the way...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all Sifus,
I am planning to change my Proton Wira 1.5 siemen ecu and injection to VDO ECU fuel injection. What parts/steps should i obtain before i start the project ?
I already got the VDO ECU , what other thing that need other than the ECU ?

:)
:angel_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience