Whether to import the entire thread to www.fairladymalaysia.com

lychee57

Known Member
Jan 5, 2007
Dear all

As much as I have read with great interest from the threads, I still find alot of information still lacking in this forum, or rather the information is not organised and zooming in a topic to seek for answers require a tedious search of keywords.

With all due respect to the sifus who have contributed much in this forum, i really think its time for us to import it to our own website with our domain name, of which I was informed is still available at the point of me writing this email. I am willing to contribute to the purchase of the domain name but we need ppl to design the interface, etc.

I am in no way suggesting that this site is insufficient but having looked at the FTO and RX8 club website, I find that a comprehensive forum is needed especially when we are dealing with a Z here! and not any ordinary car on the road.

Few reasons I think y it should go public in a newly created website.

1. Z is a dream car for alot of ppl and is already on its own a beauty. can serve as a platform to showcase our cars vide magazines, TT, etc.
2. Z was already in the market for many years and it would have attracted alot of owners. we should retain a copy of the names of the owners
3. it should also serve as a platform for owners to discuss issues, problems faced, exchange ideas;
4. to maintain the resale value of our car
5. to have our own exclusive marketplate to trade Z stuffs
6. to have access to our own members for networking

i can continue to think of tons of reasons, but I need to seek your views first.

Last edited:

Chiba Kooji

Known Member
Jan 1, 2010
Johor Bahru
good~
tis is a good idea~
but I prefer chinese forum...

but english forum is more better to all fairlady owner
cos tis is malaysia~ we hav 3 races~^^

I was visited Z club's forum in taiwan
they doing well wif tat

lychee57

Known Member
Jan 5, 2007
i too think that we should make it a more comprehensive and interactive forum. can i see more hands so that we can start the ball rolling by firstly buying the domain name and printing car stickers and etc

nicole_nic

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
www.nic-o-le.blogspot.com
in fact this is a great idea BUT as u can see, this entire thread isn't active at all.. seems like all the Z owners are really zzzzzzz-ing.. so i zzzzz also :P

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
if it isnt active here(even with all the other members n non-Z owners coming for a look see n a few enquiries - such as me)...then will shifting house make it active again? the net is the net. if it aint active here, it aint active anywhere else...

look at this enquiry i made...

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...when-getting-an-old-240z-260z-280z-280zx.html

0 useful answers...i've resorted to reading up everything i can find on wikipedia n having chats with my halfcut guy.....:hmmmm:

lychee57

Known Member
Jan 5, 2007
i will take both your replies in this email. i think firstly the z owners are not active simply because they are not aware of the existence of the club. say for myself, when i bought mine, i was hoping to have a thorough read up before deciding but to my dissapointment, when i did a local google search, no clear match popped up. in fact, this forum did not even stand a chance.

unlike the FTO and RX8 clubs, they are active and they make their presence felt, even to non rotary fans. I still am a member of FTO (despite selling it ) and i still enjoy reading the postings because they are informative and i know where to go to if a blinking light goes hay wire.

gomez

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
so how do we make the rest of the Z's aware of the existence of d club?

ryan2610888

Jun 14, 2010
SPG
How come the owner list is more than 50, but this forum is non-active at all. Where everybody gone?:hmmmm:

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
lychee57: Your intention is good but as with any car clubs owners come and go, what happens next? Additionally, there may not be enough Z's to keep a dedicated website active enough and finally will the current interest of the owners be able to withstand the test of time?

There are other car clubs such as the MR2's which have resided within the ZTH forums for quite some time now and everyones happy. It is a good meeting place in the cyber world for other potential owners to meet once they move on to their next ride. It is the automotive lifestyle network afterall.

It may be an idea to request to Tom if he is able to provide a dedicated URL which will link to this forum directly, that way there is some exclusivity and opportunity to promote the website.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
agreed with midship. its better to centralize the whole Malaysian motoring scene within a single website(ZTH) then have a seperate subforum just for Z cars. that makes it more accesible for all car lovers and any potential Z owners. seperate car lover sites tends to be less active since it's only limited to those who own those types of cars...n other makes would feel hesitant to participate since they have no idea whats been said. at least here, when a topic gets bumped up, the whole forum can read up n participate even if they dont own a Z car...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Anyone used RESTORER on their engine before?Claims that is all so familiar as we all know.Any testimonies?I have a 4G93 with lash adjuster that's sounds like a broken minigun and "they" claim that it can resolve this issue...

Or is there any other substitutions for a "chemical" treatment which is more cost effective rather than top overhaul....

Appreciate the replies from all of you....:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience