Where to remove sandblast?

CoLdFlAmE

Nov 20, 2003
PJ
Dear friends, got aynone knows which shops in klang valley that removes sandblast on windsreens? What i want is professional job done... thanks everyone...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I believe sandblast etch cannot be remove from the screen. The main reason sandblast etch was to deter theft in the first place, making sure registration is permannetly etched on the windscreen.

Thief used to replace car plates once a car is stolen, so etching on the windscreen would deter theft as replacement of the windscreen cost money.

Anyway, if you wanna experiment, try getting some rubbing compound and rub over the numbers on the screen. Removing the etched numbers is the easy part. Having the affected area polished, clear and good on the windscreen is the tricky part. G/luck!

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Everyone is innocent until proven guilty....take it easy bros...

Vlad

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
what ppl do is they overlap the sandblasted area with another layer of sandblast.

it doesnt look nice most of the time. just take sticker and stick on it la

CoLdFlAmE

Nov 20, 2003
PJ
zephyr3d :wanted to steal but dont know how to do it...keke ;)

auxoura : brian, not evo 7...but white scooby...kekeke...i saw your car in ss2 just now...

vlad : Thanks...see still got other matter or not.. maybe decide not to remove it.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
CoLdFlAmE,
Find me an errant parker and I will show you how to remove sand blasting with my baseball bat.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
satria_95 said:
CoLdFlAmE,
Find me an errant parker and I will show you how to remove sand blasting with my baseball bat.
ouch... that hurtz.

coldflame.. u change car already or wat? no more the wira aeroback ?

not sure if u still know who i am. hahaha.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Hmmm my friend has this honda which has number etched on the glass but when he took over the car i think the previous owner change numbers and the solution is to either change the whole panel or sand blast over the number

Irukanji

Known Member
Sep 17, 2008
Removing sandblasting solutions:
As turbolover said, it cannot be removed. But before you change the whole glass do check us out first!
*Paper proof of owner ship must be provided.

Etching Pro

:biggrin:

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Sandblasting are meant to deter thieves. If we are gonna teach people how to remove it in public, what's the point of having sandblast.
Even if I know how to remove it, I won't bother saying a word in a forum or online.

Meet face to face and how do I know TS stole a car and wanting to remove the sandblast on the windscreen? It could be anything.

This thread should be close to prevent further recommendation on ways to remove sandblast.

Irukanji

Known Member
Sep 17, 2008
Thank you Supra_Fanatics for bringing up a good point.

True to the bone and we totally agree that this is a sensitive issue.

We only provide a solution for those who bought a second hand car with old number etched/sandblasted on it. We do not show or teach how it's done and paper proof of ownership must be provided before any changes be made.

A note added to the previous post. Thank you again for the clarification.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
or issit singapore clone car? using malaysian plate number that belongs to somebody else :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i saw the thread topic of these things. what are body strenghten?
means old chassis like 15 years above cars the metals are become weak so go strenghten the chassis to make it solid back or what?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience