Whats the point of buying alarm system?

HanJackaL

1,000 RPM
Dec 8, 2004
PJ
Whats the point of spending 1-2 k for an alarm system when the car thief can just cut the wires?Judging from the threads,i have noticed that cars with alarm system still get stolen pretty easily.So why spend money on alarm systems when your car still can get stolen just as easily ??Just for the style ??Please comment...

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
haa...ur pretty...
well,what;s the point of locking ur house doors when a thief can similarly cut ur pad lock or climb from the roof?
expensive alarm have their own functions
some of them,they have immobiliser that u cant start ur car until u disarm it
many more functions
well...not alwiz that expensive is good.
sometimes a cheap steering lock can do wonders.
but they definately have their own advantages and functions
the creator of those products ain't no dumbo...
of course,a tow truck means all hell gonna break loose...unless urs a captor...
so...it's a circular argument

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
:D :D so judging from that even cars with alarm gets stolen, better not invest in an alarm at all. Wait, also since all cars stolen have key, so better to save money and effort and dun use keys for our cars at all and leave all doors just unlocked... :D :D

as i mentioned before, ur car is an asset worth RM50k++, so with a standard alarm, u r just using RM200 to protect RM50k++ which does not makes sense. Better to spend more to protect it...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
to a determined car thief, when there is a will there is alwyas a way. No car alrm in this world is perfect.

pdguy

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
Everywhere
come on .... alarm also invented n fabricated by person who is smart so surely thre wil be more smarter people to overcome his system ! so its a never ending story ! just own satisfaction by saying my car protected my this X type alarm that all ........ but always manual lock wil come handy !

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
remember the idiom: Rules Are Meant To Be Broken!........
anything can be cracked! Nuthin in this world is full-proofed, even life is not guaranteed....but alarms and locks do help....but obviously if your car is targeted by professionals....these wouldn't help much lar..

personal 2cents

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
alarm system can be defeated. definately. but remember the TIME factor. the more TIME it is needed to defeat the system, the less a target you will be.

it is stupid to say just because your car CAN be stolen you decide not to install an alarm system. then, you might as well not lock your doors on your house, cause the padlock can be broken.

an alarm system is NOT a prevention system. it is a deterrent system. and you should do more reading, for example, the Clifford Avantgard G5, paired with the wireless immobilizer, whats there to cut? i always say that an alarm system is only as good as the installation, you can have 3k worth of alarm equipment but if its installed by a joker, the wires expoded, brain not hidden well, then it defeats the purpose. but if its done by a real professional, the thief would probably have issues even if the alarm brain was exposed.

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
it is with no doubt that every single system can be broken into. A computer law i read somewhere does come into mind even applicable to car's security system. The law states basically something like the more effort and security put into the system increases the time and effort needed to hack the system. So by increasing this time and effort, it poses as a deterrent to hackers and it would limit the number of people who has the time and the capability to hack it. So putting a sophisticated car alarm is not to say that the car 100% cannot be stolen, but rather deter the thieves from stealing your car. As already posted many times in this forum and other places, car thieves operated on a time concious basis. They know that the longer time they have to spend to steal ur car, the higher chances of them being discovered and caught. So thieves would definitely choose an easier car to steal.

Also i read somewhere (i believe it was the readers' digest) on snatch thieves. They did a criminal profile on how some snatch thieves think. Basically the snatch thieves would target an easy prey, such as a woman who has got her hands full to give a fight such as talking on the handphone, or carrying many things. So the mentality is the same, thieves choose easier target.

This can be seen in the case of the number of types of cars stolen. No doubt BMW and Mercedes are more expensive than Proton, so how come Proton is stolen more than BMW or Mercedes? It is simply because Proton is easier to steal. You need a more professional car thief to overcome BMW or Mercedes, so the number of people who are professional enough are lesser based on the law of averages.

So basically again, putting an expensive system is a deterrent for ur car to be stolen as it makes ur car not so easy to steal.

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
ixeo said:
alarm system can be defeated. definately. but remember the TIME factor. the more TIME it is needed to defeat the system, the less a target you will be.

it is stupid to say just because your car CAN be stolen you decide not to install an alarm system. then, you might as well not lock your doors on your house, cause the padlock can be broken.

an alarm system is NOT a prevention system. it is a deterrent system. and you should do more reading, for example, the Clifford Avantgard G5, paired with the wireless immobilizer, whats there to cut? i always say that an alarm system is only as good as the installation, you can have 3k worth of alarm equipment but if its installed by a joker, the wires expoded, brain not hidden well, then it defeats the purpose. but if its done by a real professional, the thief would probably have issues even if the alarm brain was exposed.
bingo!

HanJackaL

1,000 RPM
Dec 8, 2004
PJ
Thanks for the comments guys..i think i will spend money on a high end alarm system after all. What alarm system do you guys recommend?Something that is hard to break into....How much is that clifford avangarte g5 ?What exactly is a wireless immoboliser ?How does an immoboliser work?

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
since u dun even know what's an immobiliser...
it doesn't amaze me if u post this thread
do some homework dude...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
just remember the equipment alone is only 20% of the equation. 80% of how effective the security on your car is depends on the installer/installation.

radiostar is not bad for the price, do check them out. the Clifford G5 is upwards of 2k.. and i personally consider it the best in the market currently.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
btw, HanJackal....what car ur driving??
a 2 way alarm + steering lock or gear lock would be sufficient......

personally.....I would go for gear lock which is harder and requires more time to crack than steering locks. But than....don't loose your key or you'll regret having a gear lock!

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
I got lubang for a gud n effective CLIFFORD n GSM installer.....interested to on, pls let me know i can get good pricing for u...

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
radiostar is good..try them out..
but as a better deterant..use steering locks.!

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hai alll just wan to know bout ur 4g93 na engine!!!

1) wat ur max speed and how bout ur 0 to 100km how fast u can hit!!!!!

just wan to know bout the monster of 4g93 out there!!!!!!

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience