What's good and bad about AD resort??

max_75

Known Member
Oct 11, 2005
Hi all, I'm not familiar with nissan car but i'm thinking to getting one. Ad resort was the one which appeared in my mind since it can help me in my SOHO business too.

Can any pro tell me the good and bad about the AD resort?? like fuel comsumption, ride, comfortability and all sort of comment is welcome. And attension to what if i would to buy one.

And i heard the nissan sentra (not new one la.)part is interchangable with AD resort?? and all AD resort is carburator??

THanks.

max_75

Known Member
Oct 11, 2005
??? no one can help me to sort out the problem???

brutus

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
built like a tank the engine as it is using timing chain. just frequently change the engine oil. also fuel consumption not too bad. lots of spare parts available cheaply. can always dump in a SR16, SR18 or SR20 if you are fed up with the GA16.

max_75

Known Member
Oct 11, 2005
wat's the market price for a good one?? around year 99. any different between 95 and 99??

brutus said:
built like a tank the engine as it is using timing chain. just frequently change the engine oil. also fuel consumption not too bad. lots of spare parts available cheaply. can always dump in a SR16, SR18 or SR20 if you are fed up with the GA16.

julie2121

1,500 RPM
Nov 12, 2004
Seri Petaling
Visit site
max_75 said:
wat's the market price for a good one?? around year 99. any different between 95 and 99??
actally wat model u refer to. y10 or the yr 2000 model?? for y10 is till 96-97 onli wor.....

get the 96-97 , is the best.interior no need to modd next time. do some makeup then its time to roll.

disadvantages?? er, all i can say i the carb. but the carb also good coz easy to set. get the correct setting, the car goes save fuel during idle, n goes higher rpm than injection. so for this i dun think is a disadvantage.

need to b careful of the water hoses located behind the carb, very easy to leak(coz heat from the engine block, + need time if wan to replace new) . but all matter of time onli.

cheers man .:tee:

max_75

Known Member
Oct 11, 2005
ok, so the 96-97 model interior is better than yr2000?? how about the comfortbility and handling?? does it have solid suspension system like toyota have??

I saw one year 99 for RM28k to 30k.. worth??

julie2121 said:
actally wat model u refer to. y10 or the yr 2000 model?? for y10 is till 96-97 onli wor.....

get the 96-97 , is the best.interior no need to modd next time. do some makeup then its time to roll.

disadvantages?? er, all i can say i the carb. but the carb also good coz easy to set. get the correct setting, the car goes save fuel during idle, n goes higher rpm than injection. so for this i dun think is a disadvantage.

need to b careful of the water hoses located behind the carb, very easy to leak(coz heat from the engine block, + need time if wan to replace new) . but all matter of time onli.

cheers man .:tee:

ANDY_RESORT

500 RPM
Jan 23, 2005
KL
www.andymervingeorge.com
Hi max, year 99 should be around RM28k. If more than that then u have to see whats the extra stuff. 95 models are now around RM23k..

The engine is very durable for your SOHO business. I use ot for my daily sales travelling in KL and there has been no major breakdown so far (touch wood) Normal stuff are usually due wear and tear. Believe it or not, its the king of the hills. Going up genting is no sweat with the normal rims and tyres la.

What julie say is completely right. It doesnt take much fuel , unless u drive it like the Lancers wannabe la.. THe 97 model onwards has the best interior but the 2000 model is better but very rare stuff.

In terms of getting spare parts, there are plenty and rather affordable too. To convert to SR20 2 litre engine itself is around RM2.2k... cheaper by half compared to those VTECs, GSRs and MIVECs.

All in all, its a very durable car. Beleive or not, the Genting taxis have been around for more than 10 years and still they can overtake any turbo cars without fear! Yes, the Sentras and AD Resorts uses everything same for the front part of the car.

Happy shopping around man. The ones i saw at the 2nd hand car dealers usually fast sold out! So once u found the right one, BOOK it fast! Coz u never know when u gonna get a good car at a good deal!

Good luck!

max_75

Known Member
Oct 11, 2005
Thanks for replying my question dude.

yup, i'm going to go for "shopping" this few day, hope can join you guys for the ADR club..haha... i'm a member of Italiaauto.com too, coz i own a Alfa 75, a rear wheel drive car..

so how u guys rate for the handling and the comfortability for the range of 1-10??

julie2121

1,500 RPM
Nov 12, 2004
Seri Petaling
Visit site
max_75 said:
Thanks for replying my question dude.

yup, i'm going to go for "shopping" this few day, hope can join you guys for the ADR club..haha... i'm a member of Italiaauto.com too, coz i own a Alfa 75, a rear wheel drive car..

so how u guys rate for the handling and the comfortability for the range of 1-10??
no need to buy car onli can join. u can join anytime for a tt session. no worries.

rate ah.......... for stock i give 3 on handling, 10 for comfort:biggrin:

max_75

Known Member
Oct 11, 2005
julie2121 said:
no need to buy car onli can join. u can join anytime for a tt session. no worries.

rate ah.......... for stock i give 3 on handling, 10 for comfort:biggrin:
stock only 3 ah?? hahaha :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: so how about after mod?? will the handling something around 6~8 and the comfort maybe 7 something.. what brand it can use for sporty suspension??

julie2121

1,500 RPM
Nov 12, 2004
Seri Petaling
Visit site
max_75 said:
stock only 3 ah?? hahaha :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: so how about after mod?? will the handling something around 6~8 and the comfort maybe 7 something.. what brand it can use for sporty suspension??
is modd de then of course the score is higher.

comfort:handling
1.street ride = 5:5
2.race = 2:8

max_75

Known Member
Oct 11, 2005
hey, can those "genting taxi" sentra dashboard use on AD?? or even the later version of sentra??

julie2121

1,500 RPM
Nov 12, 2004
Seri Petaling
Visit site
ANDY_RESORT said:
Julie - N16 can fit in ADR meh ??? Dun sinkah worrr
who say cannot?? need to modd 2 mounting onli mah..... if plug and play sure cannot lah:mad:. u got money or not??

waja also can turn to drift car running on rear wheel, wat cant b happening......

perdana running on rear wheel went for drifting competition........ wat else can b, bro??

wanna c a nissan c20 van converted VR4??

mini converted to b18c , er.......honda civic EG4 to VR4.

prepare a place to belanja makan better lah, bro. i think i let all the adr ppl that came on the previous tt and stanby to EAT:)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello there,
Just wanna ask some help here...
Before this i used GReedy manual TT and already swap with Full auto Blitz MSTT.
The timer installation is quite simple although the color code(wire) is differ between the two brands. as long u know where to connectlar..

The timer function is done.Here comes the tricky part.
Where to connect the speed sensor? Based on apexi RSM manual installation (Blitz official website don hv), i just tap it from ecu speed signal. but not working lar. Some say...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience