What you think a GTR35 POWERED BY RB26

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Guess he should let one or two go first until he can manage.....
If kena tarik, sometimes they force sell below value, then nothing is left.....:bawling:
Bro, a bit too late. All four kena tarik, hutang workshop beratus ribu. Hutang along nearly half a million.

Some people.. Sigh..

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
What are you gonna do then with the gearbox? RB26 and VR38 have different transmission and locations. And just how much of power you plan to squeeze out of the RB26? If you're only looking at around 500 HP, you'll be wasting time because VR38 makes 450HP stock. Although you're concern maybe due to the lack of performance parts, tuners for VR38 is slowly but surely getting better. It just presents different challenges compared to the RB26 to push the car beyond manufacturer design

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
errrr...but if u build your own space frame racing car with carbon fiber body skin to replicate a R35 with kerb weight less than 1200kg then i'd approve it (R35 with RB26 engine)

other than that is pointless....the reason new gtr using bigger cc engine coz they need more torque to carry the extra weight of the chasis (compared to older version gtr)

:adore:

*my 0.000000000001cent opinion

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
VR38dett limited potential? u got that so wrong.. better read more literature.
Dude... As a gtr fan I read a lot of literature. And still is reading. You got my meaning wrongly la. I didn't say limited potential.

I said "Potential for tuning is still limited at this point. This is not insult but its normal for all engines. When still new, of course not many performance packs are available yet because people need to research and tune to develop. For example, the CRZ only has the Mugen supecharger developed after about 1 year of release. And for this VR38, only during some time middle last year I read tat in UK, somebody managed to squeeze out 1000 hp "safely and reliably".

So my point is that it takes time. Not limited forever. If want to talk about potential, well I think the VR38 might surpasss the RB26 some day due to extra 1.2 L of displacement and advanced engineering...

Cheers...

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Whoppss! Sorry! Not VQ38 LOL... VR 38

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Perhaps this photo can explaint why I said it was 2 engine in 1 engine bay...
There are many thing come in double...
Er... Sorry bro... I can't see how is it 2 engines in 1 in the picture... I can't see it or get what you mean... Looks very much like just 1 engine to me..

And yeah... It sounds insanely difficult because the GTR 35 gearbox is at the rear...

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Er... Sorry bro... I can't see how is it 2 engines in 1 in the picture... I can't see it or get what you mean... Looks very much like just 1 engine to me..

And yeah... It sounds insanely difficult because the GTR 35 gearbox is at the rear...

But yeah... If one manages to squeeze 2 engines in 1 car, I still think it would me an insane racing machine. :burnout:

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
That is my 1st impression when look at read engine itself. How often you see a turbo engine with 2 separate intake 2 intercooler, 2 TB even 2 BOV in 1 engine?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is because V engine got two banks so the gave each an individual inter cooler so looks like two. Like that if see Veyron engine, how many engines inside.....hahahahaha

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

[PIMPIN];1063792788 said:
Bro, a bit too late. All four kena tarik, hutang workshop beratus ribu. Hutang along nearly half a million.

Some people.. Sigh..
Along, some more. So more or less showing off only, now must go into hiding......

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro I "ulu" abit ma! Never see such engine setup ma...that y I say that's my 1st impression for that engine lor...tot it was 2 engine inside ma... Haha

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just simple to say,there is no replacement for displacement ~

RB26 2600cc and VR38 3800CC ....both are modded to chruns out 1Kilowatt of Horsepower,which one will be more stress? ~ Surely the RB26 with just 2600CC are more stressed ~

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
if u actually drove/had a passenger ride in R35, u will have 2nd thoughts about ur plan bro...

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
Dude... As a gtr fan I read a lot of literature. And still is reading. You got my meaning wrongly la. I didn't say limited potential.

I said "Potential for tuning is still limited at this point. This is not insult but its normal for all engines. When still new, of course not many performance packs are available yet because people need to research and tune to develop. For example, the CRZ only has the Mugen supecharger developed after about 1 year of release. And for this VR38, only during some time middle last year I read tat in UK, somebody managed to squeeze out 1000 hp "safely and reliably".

So my point is that it takes time. Not limited forever. If want to talk about potential, well I think the VR38 might surpasss the RB26 some day due to extra 1.2 L of displacement and advanced engineering...

Cheers...

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Whoppss! Sorry! Not VQ38 LOL... VR 38

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

But yeah... If one manages to squeeze 2 engines in 1 car, I still think it would me an insane racing machine. :burnout:
what limit is limit?
in HK, top racing could get the car to 800WHP no problem, and that was years ago.
HKS offer full 800whp package. So if you really wanna get this 'figure', it's all about money.

2ndly, i still don't see a point of making it more than 650hp, as for road car. Drivability is just poor. 2012 GTR V-Spec is just for you to get to another traffic light fast enough to match any car in the world.

as for building a race car, get your dynamic right before putting is more power in. Probably serious aero package is required.

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
mugen crz good, i was there with kikuch san when hks was developing the hks rotrax gt super charger for the crz at saitama technical factory.. cant deny , vr38dett still has alotta potential. but thats the beauty of mods, u can either make it plug n play or u can make new mods

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
That is my 1st impression when look at read engine itself. How often you see a turbo engine with 2 separate intake 2 intercooler, 2 TB even 2 BOV in 1 engine?
Haha... It's common bro especially for v engines...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just watched the movie and found the fast and furious 7 cars lists. Feel it is not so nice compared to previous part. Perhaps is because some of the Paul Walker are CGI. Any thoughts?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience