What you should do if meet up with an accident?

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
I hope this will become important topic to everyone.Specially made For acura wan...kekekeke...coz she jz get her license.

Tho this is not a complete list..i hope forummers will try to help as well.

1)Do not panic and evacuate the danger zone and bring all ur important items along to a safe place.

2)Call your parents or friends or those who are nearby the accident areas with your hp.(If hp no credit or no hp,anyone nearby will willing to lend the hp to you to make emergency call)

3)Please do not trust tow-truck or call-man.Important,PLEASE DO NOT SIGN ANY DOCUMENT before your experience parents or friends arrive.

4)If your parents or friends cant arrive on time while those tow-trucks already there and your car strangle in the middle of the road and blocking the traffic.Do not do anything but wait for the police to arrive.

Do not panic and let those tow-truck tow your car away by their sweet words.Just wait for the police and tell the police that your parents is on the way and the police have the right to ask the tow truck to tow to the side of the road free of charge.Reason:Who ask tow-truck to be there..kekekeke...

other's turn.

5)

rayz85

Known Member
Aug 28, 2004
PJ, Sunway
G-4 said:
dont sign any document.....if zth forumer callman then sign lah... :p :p

iam callman here....
U callman ark? wut's ur num ler.. anything i jz call u up.. keke

acura

Drifter & Racer
Jul 4, 2004
selangor
leonachin.com
Waahh....soo Bad Meh... Waiting For Me To Get Accidents???

Hehe.. Thx For The Advice Laar....
;)

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
me care for acura mah....not that i wanan curse or what..jz in case....

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
OK, in my 8 years of driving... I have met 2 major accidents... either car flew into the monsoon drain or simply overturn on the opposite lane.

1st n foremost... have a trusted family mechanic around. Mine is Keng Chuan Electrical Services based in Sri Damansara and has been repairing all the family cars for over 10 years. Very reliable and always around when needed especially emergencies. Heck, he even drive all the way to Seremban to tow back my previous car after it overheated.

2nd, always have your insurance agent contact number. Mine is under Prudential. His service is top notch and always around especially when accidents or any life threathening situations. Why? Let's say you are involve in a major accident and require medical attention but u don't have money or worse, the medical card is not with u. A good insurance agent can sort out all these matters.

3rd, never deal with so-called tow truck operators... no matter what. After my latest accident back in June 2004, freaking members from CH came n tried to offer help but in reality, they just want to tow your car to their workshop n fix it. Never do this because:

a. You are not familar with the workshop.
b. The repair rates could be higher than agreed upon.

Some honest tow truck operators can sort everything ranging from police reports to misc services. You can avoid these n go through the proper channels. However, if u can afford the extra services, it is ok to proceed provided u get a green light from your mech.

Eg. a tow truck operator offered me 3 choices after my 1999 accident.

a. Package A - kau tim everything including tow service, police report, insurance claim + repair.
b. Package B - only tow service n insurance claim.
c. Package C - only do the repairs.

Each package is priced accordingly from expensive to cheap. Many people will just take Package A and save the hassle. In the 1999 accident, I took Package A and the cost to repair the car + the extra services is RM 25k (everything covered). Plus, I don't even need to be at the police station...

If it is a minor accident, pls settle with the owner direct n make a report in 24 hours.

Last edited:

badbadguy

Apr 28, 2005
yeah for most important !!!!
always have your insurance company contect number 24 hour hotline in your car
and call them to arrange tow car for you and
they will tell you the tow car number and person incharge
and do not trust any call man! (they promiss more more then deliver allways doing shit job)

i meet 2 major accodent b4
luckly both time also didn't hurt the engine
1st time the workshop quote for RM 4000 to claim the insurance and the 2nd time (2 years back) RM 3600 for repairing (depreciation) 2 years only 400?????

and the 1st accident i call the insurance to tow my car and therefore i reparing work complete within 2 weeks and i can get back my car.
2nd accident, i simply let call man to tow my car because i feel like the same (according to call man) but .........
my sound system about 2k missing, and have to wait for 1 month plus plus just can get back my car shit..............job.............fu*k.....JOB........ji b*i job.......

just remember to get ur insurance company to arrange tow car and workshop for you!

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
it's called insurance company panel workshop..if anything not good..can complain to the insurance company...

acura...did u learn and remember or not for now?

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
There is more than meets the eye if it's a minor accident. IMO, if it's small enough (<3k to settle) just do it with the other party, especially if it's legally your fault.

From experience, if you report to police and claim insurance, not only will you lose NCB...but will kena saman AND you'll get demerit points from the KEJARA system. This will ultimately bite your arse in a couple of years time when the points add up; suddenly you'll get a letter saying your license will be suspended for a few months. All for an accident which you thought was settled long ago.

For the price of a small settlement, it's more worth it than losing the use of a car.

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
for female, or any young ppl who is alone,

you do not need to get out of the car unless needed. switch of the ignition, take you wallet with you

If your car can still move, move it aside.
If cannot, sit in the car and make necessary phone calls.
If it's in the middle of a highway, move out asap.

seriousily there are no guide lines, it all boils down to COMMON SNESE.

about repairs, always insist that the car be towed to your trusted mechanic by your trusted callman.
If you dont know anyone, call daddy (this is no joke)
The panel workshop appointed by your insurance company may not be the best, but i believe you can process you claims as long as you repair it in any workshop under that workshop association thing....

final words :the betterment clause sucks!!!
anyone who has an old car involved in accidents should know.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Betterment is suck but nothing to do coz all under BANK NEGARA POLICIES.....it is only applicable to those car above 5 yrs old.....that mean no new part for ur car...all used......if u wan new parts then u shold pay the betterment cost to ur insurance company/workshop...

KL tow trucks r suck like hell....at least need to wait for 2 hours.....maybe their tow truck should upgraded like kota kinabalu,sabah one..all got turbo.....faster then ur Vtec sometimes.......

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Yes. Calling parents will always be the best choice... yeah, u will be tiu 99 by them but end of the day, it is safer n at least they know u r ok. Better than being cheated by untrusted callmen.

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
jz like boggysv said....if u a gal...u can PM me to get my hp jz in case u need help..i can be there in 15 mins anytime anywhere.....

kekekeke......

will u believe me?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

if change rb20 turbine to rb25 turbine .would there need a lot of modification and what the cost? after the mod ,would there be a lot of different?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience