What Would You Rather Buy? The BMW M3 Sedan or the Lexus IS-F?

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Well, that's generally how the world works (and ought to work).

In life, if you want to get to the head of the pack, you've got to try harder than the guy in front of you. Not get the government to make life easier for you.

roy_fatboy

500 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Selangor
www.wiraownersclub.com
if i were given these 2 to choose..

I'll take the IS-F.. its different.. at least i wont be seeing a replica of my car everywhere when i drive it..

the M3, jeez, I'll bet you'll see soooo many of those around.. normal e92 converted to m3 bodykit and the emblem.. bwahaha..

but if they give me the money, screw both of them, I'll go for that c63 AMG..woohoo..

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I've brought the good stuff;

Part 1/3
[youtube]ICg-9znm5lU[/youtube]

Part 2/3
[youtube]iljKuG1Ramk[/youtube]

Part 3/3
[youtube]yT7fQNA2Dk0[/youtube]

"All slightly different, but all absolutely brilliant" - Jezza

Check out Jezza dressing up as an M3 driver :rofl:

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
definitely the M3.

doesnt matter who has more power, or grip or looks..etc. the m3 still gives the driver the most rewarding driving experience currently. It's rivals are catching up for sure, but they're not there just yet.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
definitely the M3.

doesnt matter who has more power, or grip or looks..etc. the m3 still gives the driver the most rewarding driving experience currently. It's rivals are catching up for sure, but they're not there just yet.
That's if that's your sole barometer. All else considered, it is an entirely different issue.

Even "a rewarding driving experience" may mean different things to different people.

Besides, people who shell out north of 50 thousand pounds would want more than just the best drive. Especially if it isn't head and shoulders above its rivals (like it used to be). Looks, for example, is a very important factor that is taken into consideration. Yes it is entirely subjective, but I can see why people might go for the Merc or Lexus (even Audi if they are still selling it).

Also, performance saloons like these, no longer just appeal to the driving enthusiasts like they used to. And there's acknowledgment of this fact by the manufacturers (BMW included) themselves, by making their performance saloons more and more appealing to mainstream buyers. Because of that, how well it drives probably isn't the overwhelming factor anymore. Unless, like I said, it is head and shoulders above everything else, which it isn't anymore.

EDIT: I just realised that you may be stating your own justification for your preference of the M3. If that is the case I beg your pardon for the improper post.

Last edited:

ephique74

Known Member
May 20, 2007
si|verfish, dont u hv anythin else to do? but surely to claim, each car is a winner. but for the original question of buying an M3 sedan or Lexus IS-F?

none of them both.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
si|verfish, dont u hv anythin else to do? but surely to claim, each car is a winner. but for the original question of buying an M3 sedan or Lexus IS-F?

none of them both.
What's that supposed to mean?

Anyway, I've already answered the original question earlier in the thread.

yayedr

Nov 28, 2007
m3 4 doors? dont tell me u wanna take ur family or frens for some truely ride... sigh*
lexus... = proton.. :))

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The beautiful Saab Turbo X will be unveiled at the coming Frankfurt Motorshow. Featuring xWD<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b> (all-wheel-drive system) and electronic limited slip differential (eLSD)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience