What sort of gauge(s) to install on NA cars?

murcielago

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
it's different if u say dun put bodykit cos scare ppl hit cos if u put bodykit it doesn't increase the risk of u being hit...tat means no matter u put or not, if ppl want to bang u, they still bang u.....

but if u put defi or apexi stuff, u attract thief. means u increase yr risk of being break in....i got few frens who put vafc, all of their vafc got stolen within months..they even hid their unit at places tat is not obvious and cover it with tissue box but still cannot avoid.....somemore some of them got stolen while parking in the house

if u really keen to put, just go ahead. i just sharing advise with you to let u know the risk u might face cos many things u never experience u would never know. these theif nowadays really daring, recaro bucket seat also hot stuff now...they climb inside yr house compound to steal, my frens set got 2 nuts unscrew from his recaro when his alarm sound at nite inside his house..

alexklg said:
true enough. But still, we can do some extra precaution like not park at dimly litted areas.... if scared ppl break in, dun drive loh.. hahhaa... like that buy car for what? dun mod bodykit.. scared stupid drivers bang your ride... so, i believe that they are ways to reduce the risks involved. :)

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
me changed the Pioneer 2850 RM390 + labor fee RM30

i detach it and put in the box and in the driver door pouch there only

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
wah gohkokeng, no need say until so detailed wan kua? u wont know who's reading this weih. better delete msg asap ..

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
www.zerotohundred.com
murcielago bro, you got a point there. hehe.. but taking the recaro seats??? omg... those thieves super daring...

muahahha.. hehehe... driver door pouch there arh.. okok...will take note... jkjk

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
if scare kena curi, pasang besi at window like security guard car~

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
www.zerotohundred.com
hehehe.... that's one way to deter the theives. hehe... damn, and i tot i was the only one staying up so late... my eyes closing soon.. time to sleep... hehe...

btw, went to speedworks.. the boss intro to me his friend... sell gauges, and quoted me RM170 each for Autogauge's Oil Temp, Vacuum & Voltage gauges (not sure whether it is 52 or 60mm, model also i not sure, but he says it is black brackground). The price also includes the installation. What do you think guys? btw, they also have to custom make into the space above my radio headunit (1-DIN).

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
black background... i think is smoke type~ if smoke type for rm170 each too xpensive eh~ tat type of gauge only can view when u turn ur key... like mine, vacuum gauge (picture) i bought for rm90, i duno how muc mm, but it is 2 inches~ u can go http://www.autogauge.com.tw/ for more autogauge product info, but no price he he

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
in JB i duno lah, at KK usualy ppl sell rm95, 98... i found rm90~ its new, not 2nd hand~ but it is not latest model... latest model is around rm115 ~ but it still nice especialy at nite.. but if dun hav gauge cup (1st picture, 23893b-s.jpg) at daylight, i cant c da meter ha ha.... 2nd picture (image(484)), my fren skyline used digital meter, it is custom made, they hav boost, trottle, injector, oil temp, water temp, external temp, internal temp... myb u can go sunway to check it out~

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
www.zerotohundred.com
waaa... cheap leh.. RM115 for the newest model... the 360 one? that one is very cool... would like to get those models... i dun need the gauge cup... coz installing just above the ICE headunit.

As for the digital meter, if i'm not wrong, that one is standard for skylines? I think i saw it b4 in a few R34s...

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
i aint sure, i ask him he said not standard 1~ i ask him how muc he said DONO... u noe lar, sum rich dad sponsor his kid... car value how muc oso duno... i not sure tat is 360 or not, nvr use b4... da gauge frame kinda different a bit den mine, mine is plain white~ autogauge oso got sell 60mm digital 1, rpm display with digit, not analogue~ tat 1 i duno how muc la, cos kinda hard to find.... east malaysia hard to find latest car accesories, even angel eyes oso no sell~ start engine button oso no sell...

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
www.zerotohundred.com
hahaha.... start engine button also want to install meh? hehehe....

for me, i prefer a analogue display than a digital display when it comes to gauges/meters... no idea why.. haha...

need to go out and check out those car accessory shops liao...

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
having a gauge and can't see it during day time is meaningless, unless you dun drive during day time. :biggrin:

may i know does Auto gauge comes with sensor?

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
www.zerotohundred.com
Black Samurai bro, i believe that the gauges will light up as soon as you start your engines. It lights up whether you turn on your headlights or not. So, daytime, you will be able to see it too. :)

Sensors, i believe so. The owner of the shop told me everything "bao ka liao"... hehe...

malice

Known Member
Dec 6, 2003
www.keiconcept.net
alexklg said:
correct me if i'm wrong, but that's an RSM right? Other than that, i wouldn't want a Telephone Line adapter or a Lan Cable head inside my car. It will be quite odd. But thanx alot Fluffy. Will be visiting a friend i met on friendster, he works at SpeedWorks @ JB. Will ask for his advise and see whether it could be done.
That's a SAFC, odd is odd, but can prevent from stolen. Btw that is not a telephone cable, is just a lan cable RJ45 from pc.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dear zthorianss..

i hav a prob with my car..FYI, my car is b20 with type R ecu+vafc at 45% correction..my problem is..my O2 sensor (or exhaust sensor) maybe malfunctioned. My car gives engine sensor problem signal when i maintain certain speed.lets say i maintain 70km/hr at same gear..the signal will flash and my car will loss some power+jerking

i made a check with various w'shop..all request that the sensor must be replaced. i also sent my car to honda service centre and the mechanic...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience