What should one do if involve in a Motorcycle Hit and Run Accident?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
some answer from what i know, pls correct me if i got the wrong answers...:driver:
Not sure they will follow up with this type of minor accidents, because last time went to make report with a friend, they were not too boarded unless there are injured parties involved.....or maybe depends on the police personnel in charge at that time....:confused:

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

danz - i bet if he din angkat tangan u sure wont forgive him,wakakak:rofl:
Aiyah! if they say sorry already, forgive loh......

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
haha...if he didnt ankat tangan cant do anything no choice to forgive him lo.......:bawling:
He angkat tangan, you forgive him with soften heart, he didn't angkat tangan, you still have to forgive him, but your heart angry loh......hahahahahaa:rofl:

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
If I am not mistaken, if the motorcyclist report police and says he is injured after the collision with you although he hit you, you (insurance) have to bear his medical fees.

Is that true? Something to do with being less fortunate (having to ride a bike).
Beware when reporting an accident whereby the motorcyclist fled the scene. Although he was not injured, after finding out the car owner had lodged a report he could easily get himself injured, if you know what I mean..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Beware when reporting an accident whereby the motorcyclist fled the scene. Although he was not injured, after finding out the car owner had lodged a report he could easily get himself injured, if you know what I mean..
He won't know report was made, right? Depends also whether he got driving license in the first place....:rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
some answer from what i know, pls correct me if i got the wrong answers...:driver:
Aiya...if I did see your reply on that day, I might have already reported the incident..really du lan
leh...Imagine i'm just driving a BLM adi heartache, what about when it happens to people who
drives more expensive cars? Like R35 or so? Dunno how it feels man...

If I am not mistaken, if the motorcyclist report police and says he is injured after the collision with you although he hit you, you (insurance) have to bear his medical fees.

Is that true? Something to do with being less fortunate (having to ride a bike).
Yes, I heard that from a friend that we have to be careful as these motorcyclist may turn
the blame to u instead. Which is why now I think is wise we report the case in case of
such advantage was taken on us. If we let it go, end up he go report, then we will be
in trouble.

not sure... less fortunate having to ride bike?some of them juz prefer to ride bike to avoid jam and do not wan to pay for parking fees,zzz
Ya, some but can really see if they are actually riding a bike just to avoid jam or really that
poor. Attitude is part of where we can differentiate.

sorry that wat happened to u bro....i borrowed my frens kapchai....didnt know it was u...
i was in a hurry so i cabut lo....:rofl:

anyways....these are incidents we cannot avoid....lucky for him that it was bumper to bumper jam...
if its a clear road....i would chase him down...but if he is riding a superbike diff story le.....there was 1 incident
i was stuck near the famous summit road.....suddenly my car jerked....another motorcyclist tyre hit my rear bumper....he angkat tangan then chow....but since it was a slight bang i forgived him.....when at the parking spot inside summit, i checked my rear bumper & the bracket broke....just use a nut & screw it back...settled..

i suggest that just forgive the guy...maybe the fella in a hurry to visit his wife in a hospital ke....sick mother ke.....we wont know...
so just let it go...:rofl:
I was thinking the same, I said that to him when I was in the car, you're lucky that I'm in a jam.
If not I would have chase him down and corner him. At least apologise which is the least u can do.

Small Matter I can let go, if bumper crack sorry, pay up, sell ur bike to pay me also I don't care
if not just report police and let them pay for summon instead. At least still a punishment,
I would feel more relieved. If poor, then don't ride like an idiot knowing u cant afford to pay
for the damages you caused.

Not sure they will follow up with this type of minor accidents, because last time went to make report with a friend, they were not too boarded unless there are injured parties involved.....or maybe depends on the police personnel in charge at that time....:confused:

Aiyah! if they say sorry already, forgive loh......
That's the thing that I'm not sure if they will take action but I guess is best for us to report
next time, just in case this buggers are just looking for a quick way to get some extra
money by claiming our insurance.

That's the more reason why we should report as per my reply to VR2turbo bro.

He won't know report was made, right? Depends also whether he got driving license in the first place....:rofl:
Ya, most of this buggers don't have license, can see during roadblocks most of the motorcycles kena stopped mia...

In short, I think we should just report any minor case involve in accidents. Hit and run or anything.
We never know if they are actually wanted criminals for snatch thefts or so. Also to protect
ourselves from being framed by them since they are above the law among us drivers.

Really not easy to live in Malaysia...:hmmmm2:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya, most of this buggers don't have license, can see during roadblocks most of the motorcycles kena stopped mia...

In short, I think we should just report any minor case involve in accidents. Hit and run or anything.
We never know if they are actually wanted criminals for snatch thefts or so. Also to protect
ourselves from being framed by them since they are above the law among us drivers.

Really not easy to live in Malaysia...:hmmmm2:
That could be why he cabut also, no license, fake number plates and so on.....

Yah, true. Those days we take bus to school, walk alone and so on. Nowadays will kena rob, kidnapped and so on.....:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That could be why he cabut also, no license, fake number plates and so on.....

Yah, true. Those days we take bus to school, walk alone and so on. Nowadays will kena rob, kidnapped and so on.....:banghead:
Sort of regret that I didn't report the matter...adi passed 24 hours no point reporting.
Yeah, taking bus or even a 5 mins walk from my house to Pasar Malam, I'm worried.

Now most worried are just mostly my mother, sisters and gf whenever they are walking out or driving out. No longer safe.

Anyway, let us make the world a better place by reporting all matters that deem small matter to us.
Might hit a jackpot helping the cops to get the wanted criminals.

Jul 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Supra_Fanatics,

You can done the police report if the motorcycle had done it. But is best to lodge police report to secure yourself. Police will take the report although is a very small matter. They get paid to do the job. I known very well the in and out of the police traffik for accident because I had a brother who doing runner both for Toyota, panel workshop and police runner. Sometime police do need some of like this runner to settle their thing outside. If is minor on your car, don't claim insurance because it will affect your NCB. Therefore just wait for the keputusan and do cash repair since you can't claim it's insurance.

My 2cent. Tq

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
It is a very bad move when the Govt reduce the roadtax and increase the affordability of Motorbikes. The allowable age for riding a bike shall be same as D license i.e. a car. When the govt made it more affordable, that means many cant afford a car, and the public transports are rubbishes. We dont see well developed countries with many motorbikes, do we? Moreover bikes are easy to steal, and perfect transport for crime like snatch thieve or robbery

We often see teenagers or even kids! riding motorbikes here and there without concerning the others. And when accident happens, the police usually side them or reluctant to do anything further. Although not all motorcyclists are like that, but a few rotten apples are enough to tarnish the image.

How to fix this? Educations, rules, regulations, and the bloody hell ENFORCEMENTS !! And if the govt swallow less money and improve the economy and public transport, I believe things will be better.

Aug 20, 2012
penang
Happened to me about 5 months ago by a MacDonald (section 7 shah alam branch)delivery motorbike. This man stopped. I asked him to pay and he said he just started working and has no money.

I demanded he show me his pockets and he said the money are from MacDonald for customer change.
Not happy I went to his branch and was told he quit his job and was in fact staying at one of those new semi-detached houses in section 7! I made a police report giving the registration number of the delivery bike and heard nothing since!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Supra_Fanatics,

You can done the police report if the motorcycle had done it. But is best to lodge police report to secure yourself. Police will take the report although is a very small matter. They get paid to do the job. I known very well the in and out of the police traffik for accident because I had a brother who doing runner both for Toyota, panel workshop and police runner. Sometime police do need some of like this runner to settle their thing outside. If is minor on your car, don't claim insurance because it will affect your NCB. Therefore just wait for the keputusan and do cash repair since you can't claim it's insurance.

My 2cent. Tq
Ya, thanks for the advice bro. Appreciate it. Yes, I do agree to do a report to protect ourselves.

It is a very bad move when the Govt reduce the roadtax and increase the affordability of Motorbikes. The allowable age for riding a bike shall be same as D license i.e. a car. When the govt made it more affordable, that means many cant afford a car, and the public transports are rubbishes. We dont see well developed countries with many motorbikes, do we? Moreover bikes are easy to steal, and perfect transport for crime like snatch thieve or robbery

We often see teenagers or even kids! riding motorbikes here and there without concerning the others. And when accident happens, the police usually side them or reluctant to do anything further. Although not all motorcyclists are like that, but a few rotten apples are enough to tarnish the image.

How to fix this? Educations, rules, regulations, and the bloody hell ENFORCEMENTS !! And if the govt swallow less money and improve the economy and public transport, I believe things will be better.
Ya, I believe bikes are too affordable nowadays, yet they should increase the age for getting a
license like you said, more and more trash on the streets on bike. Yet, the law are always siding
them which is pretty unfair. Government should do something about the law on bikers. Just
not logic and I find it ridiculous. Right or wrong, still in the end the one driving a car is wrong and
yet their insurance are not enough to cover their stupid mistakes and damages done on our car...

Happened to me about 5 months ago by a MacDonald (section 7 shah alam branch)delivery motorbike. This man stopped. I asked him to pay and he said he just started working and has no money.

I demanded he show me his pockets and he said the money are from MacDonald for customer change.
Not happy I went to his branch and was told he quit his job and was in fact staying at one of those new semi-detached houses in section 7! I made a police report giving the registration number of the delivery bike and heard nothing since!
That's the thing but at least best to report like everyone here advice, to prevent us from being
the victim instead. Later end up, they report u bang them and we didnt report, they will claim
our insurance and they have 6 mths period to do so...

Just F^%$ the protection for bikers...:banghead:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

I'm driving the Saga BLM (A) 2010. Currently suffering powerless braking problem. Let me elaborate more on this matter.

When new car the brake feels ok but not really too good. After bout 9months feeling that the ORI pad cannot stand for high heat so decided change to Bendix Titanium. After change to Bendix Titanium, cool brake feel nothing while pedal have been fully pressed. For the Bendix Titanium i believe it can withstand for higher temp but too bad its fail me too...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience