what kind of brakes should be used?

aizmin_shahar

Jan 25, 2005
KL
sifus!!
im using a satria 1.5 with couple of minor mods. currently im using the stock brakes.which are disk(front) drums(rear).planning to change change my front and rear breaks.due to front breaks got bent. so what kind of breaks should be used?should i change stock breaks again?or should i using disk for front and rear?should i stay with 1.5 or to 1.6. Please help me..TQ

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
aizmin_shahar said:
sifus!!
im using a satria 1.5 with couple of minor mods. currently im using the stock brakes.which are disk(front) drums(rear).planning to change change my front and rear breaks.due to front breaks got bent. so what kind of breaks should be used?should i change stock breaks again?or should i using disk for front and rear?should i stay with 1.5 or to 1.6. Please help me..TQ
Go kedai potong and look the whole brake system lar...wanna change disk ar?? can check out http://www.911zentrum.com.my....there got sell disk only...with drilled & groove...too...then go and get EBC brake pads....

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
considering the weight of your car, an upgrade to a pair of front ventilated disc rotors will serve the job well. with bigger wheels, recommended to use good quality brake pads.

change to rear disc setup is also good, but mind you satria is a light car to use all discs setup. but braking power is simply superb - instantly.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeap... for less hassle, go kedai potong and change the whole brake system lo... there are many types available ma... cheap cheap some more (for whole set wor)...

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
Changing your brakes to disc is a good idea as the disc brake is much more reliable and stoppable than the shoe brakes.

If you car is only slight mod, you need not to mod the brakes so much ..just buy a better grade brake pads. ...

Try to get those to design to withstand 450-500C rather than those OE type that withstand 200+C

Good Luck

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
as far as i noticed from other forumers, people prefer rear to be drum brakes more than disc... coz the ebrake work best on drum brakes mar... scared later if u upgrade to disc brake, u have problem with ebrake...

jz my 2cents... correct me if i'm wrong...

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
jeffayn said:
Changing your brakes to disc is a good idea as the disc brake is much more reliable and stoppable than the shoe brakes.

If you car is only slight mod, you need not to mod the brakes so much ..just buy a better grade brake pads. ...

Try to get those to design to withstand 450-500C rather than those OE type that withstand 200+C

Good Luck
ya
agree wif wat u say bro

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It’s the eve of one of the most smoked-out battles to take place at SpeedCity’s circuit with the Achilles Formula Drift Malaysia 2012 Series ready to burn some rubber this weekend (19th -20th May 2012), much to the delight of drift fans that get to watch the entire battle from different angles, instead of just a meagre section of a race track.

<!--more-->In...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience