Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

What Engine Oil u use ?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
currently..

269041_214672268569450_100000800350825_563879_2099413_n.jpg

previously was Q8 5w/40 fully syn

Q8 was pretty good...

cusco only been using for about 2 weeks...so far so good.

how much did u bought it for may i ask ?

Whoops! Its SLX Professional, sorry. Since were talking about oil & stuff, any of you have experience using royal purple? :confused: Im thinking of trying it out the next oil change.

Erm.. yes I did point out I used it. But since we're using different engines the experience might be different. Royal Purple is damn good at cleaning all the bits and pieces inside your engine. The oil will get dirty reaaaaaaaaaally fast and in my case the engine was rough and noisy. The oil also didn't last more than 6000km (I judge that by car performance, FC and all) even though it's a fully synthetic oil. But mind you, I'm not saying it's a bad oil, it's good. But it's a cleaner oil, not so much a performance oil.

Btw, isn't SLX mineral? Are you sure you want to use Royal Purple after using so many rounds of mineral oils? I hope your gaskets and oil seals are in good condition cuz Royal Purple is gonna expose a lot leaks if there's a lot of gunk and sludge in your engine!

currently..

269041_214672268569450_100000800350825_563879_2099413_n.jpg

previously was Q8 5w/40 fully syn

Q8 was pretty good...

cusco only been using for about 2 weeks...so far so good.

Hmm... this is interesting. Dude - did you check out Cusco's website? How come they don't talk about engine oil at all?

how much did u bought it for may i ask ?

Friend bought it for me at N1...think the price there is around RM160 - 180 for 4L

Hmm... this is interesting. Dude - did you check out Cusco's website? How come they don't talk about engine oil at all?

no idea... but my friends who are using K20A-Rs are happy with this oil so far....and so am i.

but im thinking of going pennzoil fully syn on next service...theyve been a favoured brand of mine since my rempit days

anyone dare using HDEO (Heavy-Duty Engine Oil)?
HdeoOptions%20.JPG

No bro, I dont dare to try it even if its free :banghead:

Diesel engine normally running on much lower RPM compare to petrol engine (at same speed) as they are relatively designed on higher compression (18:1 and above) side.

So, I would not pour the engine oil that specifically formulated to lubricate on 4000rpm-5000rpm max diesel engine, into my 7400rpm petrol engine... :listen:

Last edited:
Is there still Chemlube Engine & Gear oil in the market ?

Yes bro, I've been using it for the last 4 service if I'm not wrong. Well at least 3 - 4.
Using Fully Syn 10W40. My mech even selling Chemlube Racing.

Results: Engine damn smooth and quiet. Cleans my engine too :top:

In my ceffy all mineral 15-40w
Castrol,Forge,Top1,Shell,BHP...tats all i can remember...currently using Top1 for 15k km ady,so far so good,but prefer Forge,will try penzoil next..haha

In my ceffy all mineral 15-40w
Castrol,Forge,Top1,Shell,BHP...tats all i can remember...currently using Top1 for 15k km ady,so far so good,but prefer Forge,will try penzoil next..haha

Penzoil if not wrong is Toyota's Engine Oil. I mean is what they are currently using for customers. Should try Chemlube la xD :rofl:

nex time,chemlube exp rite?coz nw using my pocket money leh,Rm45 for the engine oil for 4litres,wakaka...always buy from them got discount...nex time will try chemlube la,nw trying to find the Forge,kinda nice and really help to lower the FC,haha

I'm using Eneos 10W-40 Semi Synthetic engine oil for all my rides since a year ago. It's a value for money & engine felt much more smoother & responsive during morning start ups.

nex time,chemlube exp rite?coz nw using my pocket money leh,Rm45 for the engine oil for 4litres,wakaka...always buy from them got discount...nex time will try chemlube la,nw trying to find the Forge,kinda nice and really help to lower the FC,haha

RM200. for 4litres. Each bottle is 1litre. So pouring 3 bottles and a little bit left in the last bottle.

anyone tried those lucas oil or redline?
is it any good or just plain expensive oil?

tot read somewhere redline is group 5 oil...correct me if im wrong...

Have use Shell 10w-40, Castrol semi, Mobil Super Syn 10w-40, Motul 4100 & 6100.. Now running on M7 10w 40.. Wira, 4G91 .. I would say, M7 is the best so far...

Somebody should try OMEGA ! It's by far the best in the market. ( Look it up in Google ).
In those days ( early 2000 ), it was said that this oil can get u as far as 500km of hard driving eventhough the engine was only half filled !

Yes bro, I've been using it for the last 4 service if I'm not wrong. Well at least 3 - 4.
Using Fully Syn 10W40. My mech even selling Chemlube Racing.

Results: Engine damn smooth and quiet. Cleans my engine too :top:

That's good to hear.. It's smooth bcos it's Ester base !!

I'm a old time fanatic of Chemlube engine oil. was selling it part time in Singapore for a while.. :proud:

Do u know who's the agent in Malaysia.. Where to buy in k.l, Ampang area ?

How much is chemlube selling 1 litre ??

Last edited:
So which which is best for value & performance.. I've tried Top1 100% syn, bought in J.B. 10W-40. good performance.

Anybody tried Liqui-Moly engine oil ?

yup...i use it in my M52 single vanos semi syn ....engine damn smooth.last time try castrol fully syn boleh gila la everytime need to top up.

A Post Every 5 Mins

Especially for those living in these areas, please be extra alert.
There has been a lot of robbery/kidnap cases in the Bandar
Utama/Subang/USJ/Sunway areas. Suspected gang operating: Camry Gang up
to 8 members in different cars at different times.

Modus Operandi - at anytime but mostly during the day. They would
stalk
you and as you drive to your gate, "kidnap" you, take you to the ATM -
sometimes several and withdraw money. So, if you do have several ATMs,
just keep 1 on you and not all...

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom