What do you guys think about people not replying?

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
PMs, posts, sometimes SMS (but this one has doubts since its possible to not have received it), calls, or promises of getting back to you, etc...

Honestly I often get very angry at people who dont bother to reply a serious (or even leisure) enquiry. Ive had it happened to me a few times already, over like the past 2 years. What, are their time worth more than mine or something?

Obviously there are jokers which people may be inclined to not reply to, but unless its obviously a time waster I think its extremely rude to not bother replying people who make an effort to contact you. Whether the deal is on your side or not.

I for example will not even hang up on telemarketers on the phone just like that. I will atleast tell them that I am not interested and they are simply wasting their time. Or I will not intentionally not reply a person.

I dont get the attitude of not acknowledging the existence of someone else, what more someone who's gotten in touch with you. Its just plain rude, and shows that you think that you are more important than others. Would you not be bothered to reply a message from, say, a supermodel friend of yours, the Prime Minister, etc? Why not the others (with the exception of jokers with nonsense)?

Do humans have to benefit in some way in order to communicate with someone? Whats with the " no need to waste time " attitude of some people, I wonder?

On a seperate note, I went to Australia for a visit recently, and why, it made me very disappointed in Malaysia. Even the cashier at 7-Eleven greets you warmly when you make a purchase. People whom you interact with are nice and polite 95% of the time, despite you being a stranger...

What do you guys think?
If I sound angered and cheong hei (longwinded) typing this, Im not, I just want to know what you think. :)
And perhaps knock a few senses into some people who read this.

Michael85

Known Member
Sep 30, 2004
Visit site
Normally i classifies these ppl as No Manners! Always treat ppl like how you wanna be treated!Seriously i do faced the same things such as no reply for the sms'es even calls. Make me look so stupid. When they managed to reply/answer, they'll give thousand of excuses to cover themselves.Example of excuses such as
1) my phone was on silent mode.
2) i left my phone at home when i was out just now.
3) i left my phone somewhere in the house.
4) "yameh,u got call me meh"?

If really don't wanna reply some1 sms'es or even calls, please reply in a courtesy way that you would like to end the conversations.:angry_smile:

TREAT PPL LIKE HOW YOU WANNA BE TREATED.

Just my few cents...

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
no problem wat...everytime i kena...i'll put a * next to their save numbers/name...so i know anything i wont invite this kind of cibai....when they tiu me for not informing them on certain events/occasions...i'll tiu them back saying last time i sms u never reply....go fly kite laa....now no more problem like dis...AHAHHAHAHAHA

2zzge

500 RPM
Aug 2, 2005
kl
yea fuk the girls...not worth to be friend with coz she did not appreaciate your sms at all

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Micheal85: Atleast they got get back to you.... sometimes people dont even bother to call back... that one I get really dulan about. So true la to * treat others how you want to be treated. *

Satanic: Thats evil (Although i did try something similar before XD)

2zzge: Happened to me before also. :(

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Zeroed, maybe u just met the wrong ppl..? It reli depends la on the ppl n their attitude, or what they're taught .. Some ppl at 7-11s around here r cheerful n friendly too .. some are just so dead or lanci. In the wee hours of the morning i masuk projet at DJ some malay guy was like "selamat pagi!" hahaha.. i'll juz smile n nod. feels welcoming..

But if its about business ppl who dun reply u coz they think ur not a potential customer, then thats fucked up ..

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Yeah nitrus I dont mean everyone is like that. Ive met plenty of nice people in Malaysia also, but have met my fair share of dead logs as well. I meant that in Aus almost everyone is nice and extraordinarily friendly. :)

Bout those people that dont reply in sales dealings, yeah too bad lah I guess.

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Aust is lovely man i love that place. Gonna visit that place again.. Damn chilling place...

Maybe coz we're foreigners so they treat us nice.. Same goes as maybe we treat foreigners extra nice n more attentive.. lolzz... :biggrin:

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
Malaysians in general lack common courtesy and manners. It applies to every aspect of our lives. This is the problem with having a closed door mentality. We tend to want to keep out the negative elements of other countries but while doing so, we also keep out any positive elements. Due to this lack of exposure, there is no benchmark of the majority of our society. They don't realise they are being rude or impolite.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
good post jason....frankly i think its something we're lacking in this country....courtesy, no matter who you are.

im sure anyone in this country has not received a reply or call back at least once...
im even betting my statement on vip's n chairmens.if not work related,its family/leisure related.

in aus u even get strangers asking to sit next to you n start a small talk conversation.real friendly peeps.if u'd do anything like that here,the girls or guys would prolly think ur trying to get lucky n hit on the person...haah~!

p/s.im sure jerry has done it before....ahakz~!!

*cabutz*

Last edited:

-fRëɧt¥£3R-

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
kLaNg
www.liverpoolfc.tv
Zeroed said:
Yeah nitrus I dont mean everyone is like that. Ive met plenty of nice people in Malaysia also, but have met my fair share of dead logs as well. I meant that in Aus almost everyone is nice and extraordinarily friendly. :)

Bout those people that dont reply in sales dealings, yeah too bad lah I guess.
wer in aus did u guys go?
i was in sydney 1 yr..majority..nice blokes..real nice

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
I was in Perth for a year and a half. Unfortunately it was during the time when that xenophobic bitch, Pauline Hanson was spouting her one race mumbo jumbo. As Perth is in West Oz, you got some racist cunts. The majority of the people though are as you say, really friendly and sociable. I could walk into a pub and make friends over night. Here people tend to keep to themselves and act tough as if to intimidate surrounding groups. I liken it to how a dog pisses on the floor to mark his territory.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nissan’s first in-house hybrid technology will debut under its premium Infiniti brand and will eventually filter across to its more expensive RWD sedan models to ensure that all hybrid vehicles it sells will remain profitable. Nissan already offers a hybrid model in the form of its Altima sedan but this car relies on a petrol-electric hybrid system sourced from Toyota. Nissan’s first proprietary system will arrive in 2010 but it’s not clear...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience