What are you driving now?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
A question of curiosity only. If it is my car, of course I won't lock it as I like 4WD over RWD.

Drifting needs a lot of skill which I don't have. :rofl:
If got AWD of course will maintain that. I don't have rear half so mine got to weld lock to FWD...:rolleyes:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
What car do you drive
2004 suzuki swift sport

i dislike that there is only 1 spare part shop that carries parts for this car. So if i want something brand new, they will hold me by the balls and squeeze as much from my wallet as they can. For example. a rear hatch absobers cost me rm400 to replace, 1 side. 1 overfender brand new cost me rm750. 1 set of brand new absobers and front top mount cost rm2.2k.(it is a compact car dammit) wear and tear parts like clutch bearing, o seals, are abit pricier than mitsubishi spareparts.
Body panels and stuff not shared with the standard swift?

Dude, those prices are still cheaper than the Nissan Sylphy parts and your swift is 100x better to drive!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
What car do you drive
2004 suzuki swift sport
Stories of your car
well, i bought this car at the end of year 2013 after i totaled my 2010 swift sport zc31s. i was looking for a replacement which equals to my zc31s but none of the cars in the market at that time suite my budget and demand. (unless i buy another zc31s)

I wanted a fun zippy car that can touge everyday without spending too much on maintenance. While i was searching for a car, somehow this car popped out in Mudah. i place a call to the owner, and 2 days later. the car was mine.

Bought this car at 80k kms. and now it clocks at 150k kms.. it has been perfectly reliable for every touge session i had. I never touch the engine or gearbox part becaues i wanted to keep it reliable. In fact, the only mod i made was just rim and tire change. Till recently, i only changed the absobers to a custom set of PRS absobers.

The thing is, this car is 100hp, 950kg kerb weight(which isnt alot by today's standard). i was 21yo when i bought this car. so i must shamefully admit that i did alot of hooning with this car at that time. For a 100hp car. i was hauling ass.. Everytime i touge, i will exit via karak and make my 180kmh wangan session. at no point that i felt the car was unstable and it was taking it so easily. Sometimes, my friend in their vw gti and fd2r are also surprised that i keep up with them on Karak.

What do you like and dislike about it

i dislike that there is only 1 spare part shop that carries parts for this car. So if i want something brand new, they will hold me by the balls and squeeze as much from my wallet as they can. For example. a rear hatch absobers cost me rm400 to replace, 1 side. 1 overfender brand new cost me rm750. 1 set of brand new absobers and front top mount cost rm2.2k.(it is a compact car dammit) wear and tear parts like clutch bearing, o seals, are abit pricier than mitsubishi spareparts.

Not to mention, the clutch assembly is fragile. I have replaced the clutch twice, clutch cable twice, shifter cable once and taken out the gearbox 3 times. 2 for clutch replacement, and once to replace a clutch fork. The original clutch fork design is weak, and it broke because of my "pro" driving. I have then replaced it with a reinforced one from RRP and i hope it doesn't break on me.

and the thing i liked about my car is probably, its small and zippy. cruising around Pj Gasing, and KL city is a breeze in this thing It is tiny enough to squeeze and zip into small gaps. it is like riding a motorcycle with 4 wheels. Since its a 5 speed short ratio gearbox, you have to constantly shift the damn gears, which makes you feel like you're driving a mini rally car through the city.

ohyea.. 1 more thing shitty about it. it requires ron 98 to run. so dailying this car can be expensive. hence i have a myvi auto to rotate my cars.. to keep the balance. :p
I saw one of this car in mudah now, yellow color. Handling wise, how does it compare to your previous ZC31S? Coz I'm actually very interested to get either a ZC31 or 32 for my older son to drive, maybe within the next year or so. of course if budget permits, the ZC32 would be the best choice but just curious about the handling.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
What car do you drive
2004 suzuki swift sport

Stories of your car
well, i bought this car at the end of year 2013 after i totaled my 2010 swift sport zc31s. i was looking for a replacement which equals to my zc31s but none of the cars in the market at that time suite my budget and demand. (unless i buy another zc31s)

I wanted a fun zippy car that can touge everyday without spending too much on maintenance. While i was searching for a car, somehow this car popped out in Mudah. i place a call to the owner, and 2 days later. the car was mine.

Bought this car at 80k kms. and now it clocks at 150k kms.. it has been perfectly reliable for every touge session i had. I never touch the engine or gearbox part becaues i wanted to keep it reliable. In fact, the only mod i made was just rim and tire change. Till recently, i only changed the absobers to a custom set of PRS absobers.

The thing is, this car is 100hp, 950kg kerb weight(which isnt alot by today's standard). i was 21yo when i bought this car. so i must shamefully admit that i did alot of hooning with this car at that time. For a 100hp car. i was hauling ass.. Everytime i touge, i will exit via karak and make my 180kmh wangan session. at no point that i felt the car was unstable and it was taking it so easily. Sometimes, my friend in their vw gti and fd2r are also surprised that i keep up with them on Karak.

Not to mention, the clutch assembly is fragile. I have replaced the clutch twice, clutch cable twice, shifter cable once and taken out the gearbox 3 times. 2 for clutch replacement, and once to replace a clutch fork. The original clutch fork design is weak, and it broke because of my "pro" driving. I have then replaced it with a reinforced one from RRP and i hope it doesn't break on me.

and the thing i liked about my car is probably, its small and zippy. cruising around Pj Gasing, and KL city is a breeze in this thing It is tiny enough to squeeze and zip into small gaps. it is like riding a motorcycle with 4 wheels. Since its a 5 speed short ratio gearbox, you have to constantly shift the damn gears, which makes you feel like you're driving a mini rally car through the city.

ohyea.. 1 more thing shitty about it. it requires ron 98 to run. so dailying this car can be expensive. hence i have a myvi auto to rotate my cars.. to keep the balance. :p
damn, this is cool!!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Longer wheelbase car is also more stable in long sweeping corners
Agreed, as those corners are taken in higher speed where long wheel base cars will have advantage. Short and tight corners is usually where short wheel base cars shine.

If got AWD of course will maintain that. I don't have rear half so mine got to weld lock to FWD...:rolleyes:
If yours convert 4WD, is it plug&play and legal? Or still same like Wira, Perdana which is not legal?

What car do you drive
2004 suzuki swift sport

Stories of your car

This is a very rare and unique car in Malaysia. Normally if people are talking about Swift Sport, they tend to think of the second generation ZC31S or third generation ZC32S. One would not think of this model at all.

Very nice car and your car is probably the rarest car in this whole thread. :adore: I have never even seen any of these Swift Sport before.

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
Agreed, as those corners are taken in higher speed where long wheel base cars will have advantage. Short and tight corners is usually where short wheel base cars shine.

If yours convert 4WD, is it plug&play and legal? Or still same like Wira, Perdana which is not legal?

This is a very rare and unique car in Malaysia. Normally if people are talking about Swift Sport, they tend to think of the second generation ZC31S or third generation ZC32S. One would not think of this model at all.

Very nice car and your car is probably the rarest car in this whole thread. :adore: I have never even seen any of these Swift Sport before.
Because this car never officially brought in here by dealer and petrol head in Mys only recognized Vtec/Mivec/4age for NA. I've seen many times and only on that particular car because same company in cyberjaya :rofl:. That car is in red and it looks really nice in real.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
What car do you drive
2004 suzuki swift sport

Stories of your car

dammmmmm...

ignis JWRC...

please suzuki sport tangerine yellow colour scheme pleaseeeee :driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Because this car never officially brought in here by dealer and petrol head in Mys only recognized Vtec/Mivec/4age for NA. I've seen many times and only on that particular car because same company in cyberjaya :rofl:. That car is in red and it looks really nice in real.
Your statement is kinda true. Most will prefer high powered engines while those with weaker engine but sports a lightweight body tends to be overlooked despite offering decent performance.

but i can't justify the price of the spare part when the car is the same size as my Myvi.. :biggrin:
Sadly no, the regular version is slightly narrower and longer from mine. Only the headlights and tail lamp will fit.

The handling is more raw compared to the zc32s. let me put it this way. zc32s is refined, way refined. At high speeds, the wind noise on the zc32s is almost non-existent(i dont sit german car alot, so no wind nose to me is quite a big deal), if u compared it to the zc31s. it has a 6 speed, and a more modern engine, with variable valve intake and new 6 speed gearbox

as for the handling, the zc31s feels more agile than the zc32s, maybe because my previous car(zc31s) was slightly modded(suspension, rim & bars) So take my comment with a pinch of salt
Highway handling and cruising on the zc32s feels more comfortable, and softer. the original zc31s absobers that came from Monroe is quite jarring and feels like the fd2r in terms of bumpyness. maybe abit less, but still bumpy & jaring for long distant trips.

Original vs original zc32s and zc31s. i can say that the zc32s is way more comfortble, and can still take the same corners as zc31s with the same entry speed. Maybe sometimes faster as you don't have the sense of speed in the zc32s

tq :biggrin:

Thanks, This car is a 1 year production made by Suzuki during 03-04. It was made because Suzuki wanted to participate the JWRC. They converted a 4 door suzuki ignis to a 2 door, and homologated it. Hence this car was born. but only for 1 year, and not many people knows about it. The regular version of this car is called the Suzuki Ignis. it comes with a 1.3 engine.

There is only a few unit in Malaysia, 1 in Ipoh, 1 in Melacca and a few in KUL/Sel area..
Your comparison on ZC31S vs ZC32S is very well written.

After reading your post, I went to search for more info at wikipedia about this car. The Ignis is not sold here so, I guess that is why not many people know about this car. 1 year production is indeed a very short time duration for production. I suppose your car originally came into Malaysia as a recon car?

Ipoh? I live in Ipoh but have never seen it before.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I'm not local to ipoh, so i don't know where they hang out. But i know there is one member there, just have to look out :biggrin: The first owner of my car bought the car from Naza show room as import baru, which checks out la.. since the car is registered at 2004, a few month after it was made. :biggrin:
I'm not even sure where Ipoh car enthusiast usually hang out either. Only seen before ricers with LED and loud speakers gathering.

Sounds like the previous owner is someone loaded. Definitely not cheap buying this car as a new CBU unit from Naza. You are currently the second owner?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

PJ Gasing? Oh! must look out for you......lol:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
What I heard, as long as convert is illegal....:smokin:
Hmm, then I suppose those Lancer CK convert to Evo 4,5,6 4WD are illegal. But then again, even if they are running 4WD, they won't cause much suspicion unlike Proton cars.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hmm, then I suppose those Lancer CK convert to Evo 4,5,6 4WD are illegal. But then again, even if they are running 4WD, they won't cause much suspicion unlike Proton cars.
Yup, original body safer, as they think is original.....lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If you follow the industry updates, you would be aware that the first-ever Mercedes pickup truck is based on the current Nissan Navara, and to be officially launched Oct 25 in Stockholm, Sweden.

Knowing what the 3-Pointed Star pickup truck will be based on, it’s easy to imagine that the company will aesthetically make it blend with its brick-ish commercial vehicles; Actros and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience