What are you driving now?

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Woah, tribunal case. Then you probably have heard before of DanzEterna and all his tribunal case? Since you are an old ZTH member and Danz posted quite a lot of stories regarding tribunal. So at the end you got back your money and bought another gearbox?

I agree. old Mitsubishi engines are quite tough and can withstand a lot of things even when not very well maintained. Well, since they are quite a big player in heavy industry machinery field, I'm sure their experience and expertise helped them a lot when they are manufacturing car engines. Besides, old Proton during 80s and 90s still uses a lot of parts directly from Mitsubishi themselves and I believe quality control is also better back then. After 90s era, I guess that is where Proton start to go downhill in terms of quality control.
Yes, cannot agree more. Yes, got my money back and bought another gearbox. Actually I write in this forum about that workshop, then the owner threatened me, asked me to delete it. But im not deleting it so that others can learn from my experience. not just me, other forumer also had the same experience.

you know, im thinking to to do engine swap, 4g63 with 67 block for endorse. but im wondering, why certain people selling their evo engine swapped wira/satria? is it high maintenance? I have asked a few people with 4g63 experience, they said if the initial installation is correct and you do not do anything wrong/excessively modified the engine, even daily driving wont give much problem. of course i understand the FC will be a lot more than my current 4g92, but when i want having some fun, i think it worth the money. or it, just from my thought, is evo 4g63 too powerful for a satria light body? meaning spinning tyres everywhereof what is really the problem/hassle? i never drive one and really hope can have one as mine one day..

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
you know, im thinking to to do engine swap, 4g63 with 67 block for endorse. but im wondering, why certain people selling their evo engine swapped wira/satria? is it high maintenance? I have asked a few people with 4g63 experience, they said if the initial installation is correct and you do not do anything wrong/excessively modified the engine, even daily driving wont give much problem. of course i understand the FC will be a lot more than my current 4g92, but when i want having some fun, i think it worth the money. or it, just from my thought, is evo 4g63 too powerful for a satria light body? meaning spinning tyres everywhereof what is really the problem/hassle? i never drive one and really hope can have one as mine one day..
most sell due to commitment i suppose, with current econmy etc..

4g63t stock is good enoug..but, once you go 4g63t, you wont stop at stock form..hahaha..powerful for satria? yes it is...spinning tyre not much of an issue, engine bay tear is the one should be worried..do note to drive sensibly..theres satria 4g63t scary crash in this forum..:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yes, cannot agree more. Yes, got my money back and bought another gearbox. Actually I write in this forum about that workshop, then the owner threatened me, asked me to delete it. But im not deleting it so that others can learn from my experience. not just me, other forumer also had the same experience.

Looks like I need to search and take a read on that post. :biggrin:

Probably because of high FC that makes the running cost high for these cars. At the end of the day, these are old engines that is over 20 years old. The newest 4G63T that is suitable for Wira, Satria, Putra and Perdana would be the one from 1995 Lancer Evolution III. That is already 22 years old. Wear and tear is inevitable and definitely the cost for parts is not exactly very cheap compared to ordinary cars I suppose. Not overly expensive but not too cheap either. Maybe controlling the car can be difficult as well with that much of power given to the front wheels.

I've talked to an ex owner of an Evo 2 4G63T Wira. After selling off his Evo Wira, he went for an Evo 3 Perdana and he said that Perdana don't feel as fast as Wira because it is heavier. I ask him how fast did the Evo Wira felt like and he said it is very fast. Going over 200kmh is nothing for his Wira. Now, the thing that really surprised me is that when he said he had test driven a R34 Skyline GT-T before and he said even the GT-T did not feel as fast as his Wira Evo. He said the pulling G force feeling is not as strong as his Evo Wira. He said that his Evo Wira is left mostly stock for reliability. Din't know Evo Wira is that powerful. :adore:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Any speed beyond, I will require some boost to help me sustain. I remember I was boosting 0.3-0.5 bar just to maintain my speed at 160km/h. :rofl:

Back to your question, there is something called turbo spool or turbo lag. How quickly a turbo spool depends on many factors such as the size of turbine, the size of intercooler, piping length and design etc.

When my engine is running at below 2000rpm, the turbo is not spinning quick enough so the most it can go up to is 0-bar, but not able to generate sufficient boost until positive boost region.

I think someone else can help to explain a bit more hahaha! :sleep:
maybe the size of turbo affect by this..im able to maintain 160 - 180 cruise by just tapping the throttle and under vacuum to maintain the speed, but at that rpm range, little effort only to make in on boost..

Probably because of high FC that makes the running cost high for these cars. .... Wear and tear is inevitable and definitely the cost for parts is not exactly very cheap compared to ordinary cars I suppose. Not overly expensive but not too cheap either...
i would say affordable performance value for 4g63t maintenance:driver:.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ

Probably because of high FC that makes the running cost high for these cars. At the end of the day, these are old engines that is over 20 years old. The newest 4G63T that is suitable for Wira, Satria, Putra and Perdana would be the one from 1995 Lancer Evolution III. That is already 22 years old. Wear and tear is inevitable and definitely the cost for parts is not exactly very cheap compared to ordinary cars I suppose. Not overly expensive but not too cheap either. Maybe controlling the car can be difficult as well with that much of power given to the front wheels.

I've talked to an ex owner of an Evo 2 4G63T Wira. After selling off his Evo Wira, he went for an Evo 3 Perdana and he said that Perdana don't feel as fast as Wira because it is heavier. I ask him how fast did the Evo Wira felt like and he said it is very fast. Going over 200kmh is nothing for his Wira. Now, the thing that really surprised me is that when he said he had test driven a R34 Skyline GT-T before and he said even the GT-T did not feel as fast as his Wira Evo. He said the pulling G force feeling is not as strong as his Evo Wira. He said that his Evo Wira is left mostly stock for reliability. Din't know Evo Wira is that powerful. :adore:
basically its light PLUS, without 4wd, you do tend to put more to the wheels compared to the evo.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Power to weight ratio is key. If the GTT is still close to stock tune, it 'only' produces 280-300hp while the older version of 4G63T with mild tune also already can get about the same output. However the GTT is much heavier, maybe close to 1.5 ton while the Wira only like 1.1 ton? Hence the acceleration is of course hugely different.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
i would say affordable performance value for 4g63t maintenance:driver:.
Well, for the kind of performance it offers, you are right about the value. I'm sure many more new modern engines cost more to maintain despite not being a performance engine.

basically its light PLUS, without 4wd, you do tend to put more to the wheels compared to the evo.
But you don't have Evo kind of grip during launch and cornering. :rofl:

Power to weight ratio is key. If the GTT is still close to stock tune, it 'only' produces 280-300hp while the older version of 4G63T with mild tune also already can get about the same output. However the GTT is much heavier, maybe close to 1.5 ton while the Wira only like 1.1 ton? Hence the acceleration is of course hugely different.
I think the GTT in comparison is stock. Well, I guess this is like a comparison between a stock R34 GT-R VS CT9A Evo or GDB Impreza. Apparently the results are, Evo and STI will out perform the GT-R.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
AWD actually should initially accelerate faster from stand still for high powered cars coz it has 4 wheels to provide better traction despite having more power loss from the engine to the wheels. FWD cars even though may channel more power to the wheels, it can easily wheel spin especially as the weight is transferred to the rear, hence you'd loose acceleration. You need very grippy tires to help traction for high powered FWD plus stiffer setup to counter the weight transfer from front to back. That's why so far powerful production FWD cars are still just limited to around 300-350HP while AWD are basically unlimited (remember the Veyron & Chiron are AWD).

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor

yeah, im aware on the issue of old evo engine. if i wana do engine swap, i will spend quite some of money also to fully restore the engine, meaning taking every part and pieces and restore/replace, making it like a new one, coz i want to avoid chain problem (meaning one small problem leads to another problems which can be accumulated). yeah, maybe most people do not leave it stock, but lets see how after I got mine first. so its good to know your friend's stock evo is powerful enough already, coz u know malaysian road/highway, it is not Autobahn. so if it is powerful enough already, why want to get more power while the body cannot take it? im also intended to leave my car looks stock also, even i want to use my stock rim if it can fit with evo brake, but unfortunately, it cannot. i want to have some sort of a sleeper satria (maybe paint the intercooler black and using stock bumper, just like Shinjite's red wira). coz many times already I experienced some random honda challenged me coz u know, it is stock and they think they can win... but after the swap, u make the wrong move... hahaha thats what i said, some random fun moments, and of course, all in all, after im having another family car to ride. now, this satria is my family car.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Din't know Evo Wira is that powerful. :adore:
Like bro. 6UE5t mentioned power to weight ratio. Even my tyre shop boss doing my alignment, got one time a Wira with 4G63T was there too doing alignment. After the owner have left he mentioned the wira feel so much faster than my VR, but not much road feel.
Another thing could be the wira is not as stable that is why feel faster also.....lol:rofl:

Nicholasng925

Known Member
Jul 30, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
maybe the size of turbo affect by this..im able to maintain 160 - 180 cruise by just tapping the throttle and under vacuum to maintain the speed, but at that rpm range, little effort only to make in on boost..
Yep TD04HL is small and easy to spool up, even easier at that high rpm range. Larger turbo is harder to spool so it's not difficult to cruise at high speed. You can even feel G force if you boost at high speed all the way to 200km/h and beyond. One such example is a Neo BOT with TD05 turbo haha! :driver: I do however feel that it's an overkill to fit a TD05 into a 1.6 litre Campro CPS engine.

Last edited:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
wira+4g93t weight 1.16tons ++ . i weighed it at factory weigher bridge. bro 6ue5t correct.
Plus my wira on light wheels, definitely need a good tires.
Hard suspension will throw wira left and right, i learned it hard way. 6k F, 4k R spring rate is good match for our malaysia road. Now is wira stock seat wont hold me down. Just my butt get in between for a good seat hahahaha...size does matter, knn :rofl:

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
yeah, im aware on the issue of old evo engine. if i wana do engine swap, i will spend quite some of money also to fully restore the engine, meaning taking every part and pieces and restore/replace, making it like a new one, coz i want to avoid chain problem (meaning one small problem leads to another problems which can be accumulated). yeah, maybe most people do not leave it stock, but lets see how after I got mine first. so its good to know your friend's stock evo is powerful enough already, coz u know malaysian road/highway, it is not Autobahn. so if it is powerful enough already, why want to get more power while the body cannot take it? im also intended to leave my car looks stock also, even i want to use my stock rim if it can fit with evo brake, but unfortunately, it cannot. i want to have some sort of a sleeper satria (maybe paint the intercooler black and using stock bumper, just like Shinjite's red wira). coz many times already I experienced some random honda challenged me coz u know, it is stock and they think they can win... but after the swap, u make the wrong move... hahaha thats what i said, some random fun moments, and of course, all in all, after im having another family car to ride. now, this satria is my family car.
Actually that guy is not my friend but I sort of know him because I went to his shop to change tyre before. He is the boss. Now after he sold off his Perdana, he got himself a Version 8 Impreza WRX STI. The updated version 8 or what people call as Version 8.5. Now he said his new car felt like it was clawing on the road with a lot of grip.

Use stock rim? But the rim on your photo is not stock. Use Evo brakes minimum you need 15 inch wheels. Remember that your wheel PCD will change to 114.3 if you are using Evo wheel hub.

If you are really swapping to 4G63T, best to leave it stock. Satria is very light, stock 4G63T will be very powerful for this car. Basic mods are applicable like air filter, exhaust piping (this is compulsory anyway since you can't use back Satria or Evo stock piping), aluminum radiator. Just don't play with engine internals and that should be fine.

Like bro. 6UE5t mentioned power to weight ratio. Even my tyre shop boss doing my alignment, got one time a Wira with 4G63T was there too doing alignment. After the owner have left he mentioned the wira feel so much faster than my VR, but not much road feel.
Another thing could be the wira is not as stable that is why feel faster also.....lol:rofl:
Not much road feel? Means lack of feedback from steering?

You should talk to the Wira owner since both of you are 4G63T users. :biggrin:

wira+4g93t weight 1.16tons ++ . i weighed it at factory weigher bridge. bro 6ue5t correct.
Plus my wira on light wheels, definitely need a good tires.
Hard suspension will throw wira left and right, i learned it hard way. 6k F, 4k R spring rate is good match for our malaysia road. Now is wira stock seat wont hold me down. Just my butt get in between for a good seat hahahaha...size does matter, knn :rofl:
You go to your factory to weight your car? :rofl:

Buy some halfcut Recaro or Bride seats. Better than buying replica or some cheap brand.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Factory weigher bridge is always ON even night shift.
About seat, I need to consider my butt. Hahaha... U see my fb or not.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bov
currently my fren is driving Airtrek Turbo
he needs a bov. he wants Greddy Type-S
and i got this deal from a fren, but im not sure how does it sounds like..

now i want to make things clear between this 2 bov:

Greddy type-s (purple colour) and greddy type-s (black colour) any difference as in the sound wen they blow?
anyone tried these 2 bov b4 kindly tell me how does it sounds like.
my fren got no contacts so asked me to help him.

i got sum info sumwher in here saying that both of this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience