What are you driving now?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
At least you seemed to know well regarding the specs on paper. Good enough to use this knowledge when you are really buying an Evo.

I thought previously Evo 9 is like 90-110k. Seen a few at that price last time. Now hardly seeing any.
Yeah I suppose so.

Around rm105-115k got a few around 3-4 yrs ago but below rm100k I don't really recall. There were a few genuine 9 asking even below rm80k about 3-4 yrs ago but all illegal/clone papers. About 1-2 yrs ago got a couple of units at 90k+ but got sold off very fast, only like 1-2 weeks advertising then gone! Many around 90k were not genuine 9, but converted 8 or even 7.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Mine is 26.....:driver:
Yours not the first batch of Galant isn't it?

Wow....my Wira is already 22 years old
Woah, early batch carburetor Wira?

Yeah I suppose so.

Around rm105-115k got a few around 3-4 yrs ago but below rm100k I don't really recall. There were a few genuine 9 asking even below rm80k about 3-4 yrs ago but all illegal/clone papers. About 1-2 yrs ago got a couple of units at 90k+ but got sold off very fast, only like 1-2 weeks advertising then gone! Many around 90k were not genuine 9, but converted 8 or even 7.
I also realized that few years ago, I can find more people selling Evo 8 and 9 on mudah but today, really hard to see any one selling. Where did they all go? All don't want to let go? :hmmmm:

But Evo 7 seems to be getting more common in mudah. Those that you mentioned selling for 60k plus.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I also realized that few years ago, I can find more people selling Evo 8 and 9 on mudah but today, really hard to see any one selling. Where did they all go? All don't want to let go? :hmmmm:

But Evo 7 seems to be getting more common in mudah. Those that you mentioned selling for 60k plus.
3-4 yrs ago, people were trying to sell maybe because it's nearing the 10th year hence worry will be more difficult to sell later if cannot offer loan anymore, so they try to sell while can still get loans for buyers. I remember that time there were a group of friends in the Evo FB club who within a space of 3-4 months all advertising their Evo 9 and 8MR on sale! Now that it's already over 10 yrs old, those who still have them probably are the more hardcore owners who really love it, hence not easily want to sell.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
3-4 yrs ago, people were trying to sell maybe because it's nearing the 10th year hence worry will be more difficult to sell later if cannot offer loan anymore, so they try to sell while can still get loans for buyers. I remember that time there were a group of friends in the Evo FB club who within a space of 3-4 months all advertising their Evo 9 and 8MR on sale! Now that it's already over 10 yrs old, those who still have them probably are the more hardcore owners who really love it, hence not easily want to sell.
Good explanation about the loan thing. Now that these cars are over 10 years old, hard to sell already. Same goes for my dream car, Impreza WRX STI Version 9. But recently, I'm seeing 2008 Version 10 model already selling at 90-110k. Tempting if can get loan for these cars.

VR4 from 1988 to 1992, mine 1991, anyway is 3rd owner from original Super Saloon....lol:biggrin:
The first batch 1988 model will turn 30 next year. Modern classic already. :biggrin:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
so i am practically driving a great grand father ans great grand son

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Good explanation about the loan thing. Now that these cars are over 10 years old, hard to sell already. Same goes for my dream car, Impreza WRX STI Version 9. But recently, I'm seeing 2008 Version 10 model already selling at 90-110k. Tempting if can get loan for these cars.

The first batch 1988 model will turn 30 next year. Modern classic already. :biggrin:
If really no way, die die must have = personal loan. :banghead:

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This thing true or not? Saw an ad in www.buysell.com.my

Quote:
IMAGINE not having to change your car wipers for life!
WELL, imagine no more.You can buy a pair at just RM69 This is a revolutionary HTV Silicone Wipers that are guaranteed to last as long as the life of your car,if not it will be replaced free of charge.The price of RM69 applies to Proton WIRA and ISWARA models.For other car models please click contact seller to find out the price.Hurry! Place your orders now!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience