What are the modifications to be done to a stock KE70?

wild_boar

Jun 22, 2005
KL
hi,

just got a ke70 from my friend.
planning to modify it for drifting....

all the ke70s' sifoos pls advise.
thanks.

nottyeddy

Known Member
Sep 22, 2004
Somewhere in kl
www.drift.com.my
i think the thread got edi.. but to make it simple.. get a lsd or weld ur axle.. upgrade the suspension so that u don't feel like ur in a boat... lastly.. got extra cash upgrade the engine for extra power...

ivan78

Known Member
Mar 24, 2005
lots of thing to modify. end up the car won't like a road car. the driving style is totally diffrent.

you will find out what to modify as soon as you start to drift.

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
ivan78 said:
lots of thing to modify. end up the car won't like a road car. the driving style is totally diffrent.

you will find out what to modify as soon as you start to drift.
if u got the budget throw in a 1j engine inside...my frend Ke70 is now in project doin it up......sure got power to drift..just power over..heheh

ivan78

Known Member
Mar 24, 2005
monsterv6 said:
if u got the budget throw in a 1j engine inside...my frend Ke70 is now in project doin it up......sure got power to drift..just power over..heheh
1j is too heavy. if you out of budget and want to try power, try ca18det. if more budget, try sr20. but be sure to spare some cash for axle. cause your car is too power.

i have try ca18det before, still the best is 4age NA. if have budget, install a cam and after market ECU is good enough for you to play until 3rd gear. depend on your suspension setup.

for drifting, power is not the 1st thing you want to consider.

e39a

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
OZ
Visit site
agreed with ivan sifu. all those ke70 drifters should see and take note on how ivan drifts his ke70....it's juz amazing....

i consider him my role model....wanna be like him, chuko dori all the way in a ke70....but i've still got a damn long way to go...

:tee:
cheers
the petronas green ke70...

Last edited:

gti88

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
when i see Ivan drift .. I know KE70 can drift .. hehe .. he's my role model too .. :tee:

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Put in a NA 4AGE. GEt a LSD axle. Put proper dampers and springs. Strip out the interior. Run 13" wheels. Or 14". Put Good grippy tyres on the fronts.

Oh ya learn to drive too. Proper technique is the cheapest upgrade.

Ronald_loulan

1,000 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
Bukit Serdang
Visit site
ivan78 said:
1j is too heavy. if you out of budget and want to try power, try ca18det. if more budget, try sr20. but be sure to spare some cash for axle. cause your car is too power.

i have try ca18det before, still the best is 4age NA. if have budget, install a cam and after market ECU is good enough for you to play until 3rd gear. depend on your suspension setup.

for drifting, power is not the 1st thing you want to consider.

Hey, i recall that u say ur car is stock 4age during Twin Battle last time...

Ronald_loulan

1,000 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
Bukit Serdang
Visit site
e39a said:
agreed with ivan sifu. all those ke70 drifters should see and take note on how ivan drifts his ke70....it's juz amazing....

i consider him the my role model....wanna be like him, chuko dori all the way in a ke70....but i've still got a damn long way to go...

:tee:
cheers
the petronas green ke70...
I think the owner scare liao...
Coz many ppl boo him....
He use to practice drift wif me.....

ivan78

Known Member
Mar 24, 2005
thanks gti88 and e39a.

actually turbo is easier to play compare with 4age. for turbo, you just need to control thorttle to get angle. but the front is too heavy. so when you reach a level, you will look for a lighter engine. better handling. easier to control when high speed drifting.

ivan78

Known Member
Mar 24, 2005
Ronald_loulan said:
Hey, i recall that u say ur car is stock 4age during Twin Battle last time...
yes, i'm using stock 4age, light mod. i haven try and twin battle before, and didn't pratice with u before. i'm from banting.

ke70-4age

Jun 4, 2005
???
Cheap running condition 4A-GE for sale.

Brother, i'm running a 4A-GE in my KE-70, complete from a half-cut. Are you interested? I'm selling off my set of Engine because this car is going for project. It is still in the car, if you wanna go for a test drive. Basically, if you were to buy a running engine, it is always better because you'll know whether is it in a good running condition or not. I used my car for drifting, if you've been into the OTSs session organized by Sync Optima in Sunway Extreme Park. Are you interested for a test drive sometime tomorrow at my workshop? If you want, i can give you a good price with installation too at my place. I've got a few KE-70s at my place too, all doing project. Give me a call, 012-2125656.

Ronald : Brother, how are you? Do you still remember me? I drifted with you for the last show, during the ending of 1st FFX Closed session? Hehehe. How are you man? long time didn't see you already. How's your car? Did anything to it already? What's your number? Do give me a call when you're free. my number is stated up there. See you man.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all ZTH Sifu and Bro,

this is my 1st time post here, ( don't know correct place or not, hehehe )

me plan on next month will go to Selangor, to find the Halfcut Warehouse,
for my Kancil and my friend satira,

any one have any recommender place for me and my friend to visit?

thanks!!!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience