waste water (acid i assumed)

IceBikers

Known Member
Apr 11, 2005
Hello,

i parked my car in a complex mall and the car roof kena the waste water dripping from the pipe above. I only realised it on the next day and the white stain is there and hard to remove unless i use a coin cover with clothe n scratch it. it is not easy to remove!.

how should i get rid of it without hurting the car paint???

use wd-40? (i used b4 to remove left over sticker glue stains on car paint)

the worst thing is, it is not my car :sweat:

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
waste water from treatment plant are toxic & corrosive, it will eat out your paint if you dont remove it soonest possible. If you cant remove it i think the damaged has been done.

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
The same thing happened to me but luckily i didnt leave it for long...it was hardened...i used car zippo lighter fluid just a little then car polish then wax...it was hell getting it out but it did.

Try that ICE..hope it works for you.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
try some polishing compound or products that remove scratches

if you urgently need to return the car to a friend, you can try counting on the roadside car washes that offer polishing/waxing services to remove just that spot. make friends with them and they may even remove it for free

hope this helps

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Tom is right...those guys would be able to help you out. Money shouldnt be an issue right now right. It would be costlier to lose a friend.

That's one of the reasons I never loan any of my babies to anyone...haha.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I understand that PU rubber material is very hard to repair but not impossible. Does anyone have any idea on what works well with PU?

My PU bumper had a big hole due to the ex-owner's oversized muffler. Most shops didn't know how to fix it except for a welder who suggested to cover the hole by riveting a piece of aluminium sheet and knocking it to shape. Indeed it was a good job! After repainting, it looked like nothing has ever happened!

Just wondering if you guys have tried other...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience