Mission Clarity - Water Spots Removal on a Honda Civic

zckid

Known Member
Feb 28, 2012
Mauritius
Hello friends

I got a pm from someone living in the North of our small island to clean up his ride’s glass. After meeting him to see his car, he was here next morning, with his beauty.

the tools and products:
Wash: Local car wash shampoo, MF wash mitt, MF towels
Decontamination: Bilt Hamber Clay (Regular)

Makita rotary, Car Pro glass polishing pads, DP Glass Restorer, Sonax Glass Polish, DP Polymer Sealant

Car was washed, glass decontaminated.
For water spots, I tried the least aggressive method. DP Glass restorer on a polishing cloth. It wouldn’t budge. This was a severe water spots problem.
Then I tried DP Glass restorer on the Car Pro pads. It needed too much effort, and took a long time.
Moving a level up the aggressiveness scale, I tried the Sonax Glass polish with the pads. It took about 4-5 hours to completely get rid of all the water spots and leave a crystal clear view thru’ the glass. Glass was sealed with DP polymer sealant.

Letting the pics speak

Before

Difficult to see through

Close up

Difficult to drive, especially at night when faced with oncoming vehicles

Now

Remember

Now

Ready to go

Thanks for reading

Your comments, thoughts and insights will be most welcome.

Regards n cheers

Zaid

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello all,

i got the GAB SS series adjustables for my vios. so, i will be spending time tweaking it! however, some queries below:

1. my front spring rate is 6kg and my rear is 4kg. with my damping set to hard, the car is bumpy, but in corners, slight body roll is noted. should i up my spring rate to further reduce body roll, or is slight roll acceptable? I have thought of installing anti-roll bar to the rear, but was advised not to do so as it may distort the suspension from doing its...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience