Walbro installed for stock BT

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
With ignition n injector setting? My mech recommend me Unichip with a custom extra switch to switch from using 95 n 97.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

I bot it in Penang. Northern Garage
Yes, fitted with injector & ignition setting. Was tuned when I was using V-Power those days. These days cannot afford V-Power anymore, so using only RON 95. Did not re-tune & no problem; only difference is it's not as responsive as V-Power :(

I did consider Unichip those days but ended up choosing e-manage because more people can tune it; unlike Unichip, very limited place to tune resulting tuning prices being monopolized. Also when I called up the shop to enquire, the boss way of talking damn lansi. So he actually helped me to decide which to choose :thefinger::biggrin:.

LevinTE27

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
255ltr/hr is way too big for N/A 1.6cc... u will having problem of rise in fuel pressure.
even though u have adjustable fuel regulator but due to the fuel return line are too small , it created back pressure causing the fuel system badly effected.

it just waste of money... 4throttle run very low vacuum, so piggyback on bt engine won't really respond from the map adjustment..

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
255ltr/hr is way too big for N/A 1.6cc... u will having problem of rise in fuel pressure.
even though u have adjustable fuel regulator but due to the fuel return line are too small , it created back pressure causing the fuel system badly effected.

it just waste of money... 4throttle run very low vacuum, so piggyback on bt engine won't really respond from the map adjustment..
Agreed...
plus with close loop, it somehow make EmB useless...:confused:

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Wow... looks like you guys have bad experience with Emanage Blue on 20v... I'm sure a lot of other guys would beg to differ as I've personally seen reasonable gains using EMB on a number of rides including mine which is running EMB for over 3 years ;)

As for Walbro, yes indeed its overkill. 1JZ or other OEM fuel pump is not rated at such high LPH as compared to the walbro as walbro is usually used on modded turbo setup or NA setup with at least stage 2 mods.

I'm afraid using Walbro on stock setup will cause in fuel leaks as you're putting a lot of pressure on the fuel lines, be it fuel supply or fuel return line.

Just a quick question, did you check the fuel filter or fuel injector before upgrading the fuel pump? Also, did Walbro solve your initial issue?

nicholas1007

500 RPM
Mar 20, 2006
Wow... looks like you guys have bad experience with Emanage Blue on 20v... I'm sure a lot of other guys would beg to differ as I've personally seen reasonable gains using EMB on a number of rides including mine which is running EMB for over 3 years ;)

As for Walbro, yes indeed its overkill. 1JZ or other OEM fuel pump is not rated at such high LPH as compared to the walbro as walbro is usually used on modded turbo setup or NA setup with at least stage 2 mods.

I'm afraid using Walbro on stock setup will cause in fuel leaks as you're putting a lot of pressure on the fuel lines, be it fuel supply or fuel return line.

Just a quick question, did you check the fuel filter or fuel injector before upgrading the fuel pump? Also, did Walbro solve your initial issue?
Since i already put in walbro, it's a waste if sell it 2nd hand & change to stock fuel pump. the concern is fuel consumption. so tat's y current solution suggested is to use FPR.
by the way, before change to walbro, there is no problem with the fuel pump filter or injector. & tat time i already changed new fuel filter as well. & yes, walbro solve my initial issue. but my guessing other lower LPH fuel pump will solve this issue as well.

With adjustable FPR installed, can it lower the pressure on the fuel lines? i scared as u say will cause leaks. i should always check for leaks from now on.

LevinTE27

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
Since i already put in walbro, it's a waste if sell it 2nd hand & change to stock fuel pump. the concern is fuel consumption. so tat's y current solution suggested is to use FPR.
by the way, before change to walbro, there is no problem with the fuel pump filter or injector. & tat time i already changed new fuel filter as well. & yes, walbro solve my initial issue. but my guessing other lower LPH fuel pump will solve this issue as well.

With adjustable FPR installed, can it lower the pressure on the fuel lines? i scared as u say will cause leaks. i should always check for leaks from now on.
leak are not a issue to be concern.. u always can be fitted a quality regulator with steel braided hose.
as i said in earlier post, you won't able to lower the fuel pressure due to the fuel line back pressure. not only that, the fuel system won't work correctly due to ur fuel pressure suppose to be regulated by vacuum ... so assume u has already fitted a FPR u has loosen the fuel regulator screw try to unplug the vacuum line , u will see there is no changes on fuel pressure. then try to pull out ur fuel return line below the FPR, ur fuel pressure will drop very low. .. so imagine when u r in full throttle at high rpm, ur pressure will drop as per ur return volume goes down. . . i really doubt how ur engine gonna get ur afr to be correct.

i hope my advise could help..

nicholas1007

500 RPM
Mar 20, 2006
leak are not a issue to be concern.. u always can be fitted a quality regulator with steel braided hose.
as i said in earlier post, you won't able to lower the fuel pressure due to the fuel line back pressure. not only that, the fuel system won't work correctly due to ur fuel pressure suppose to be regulated by vacuum ... so assume u has already fitted a FPR u has loosen the fuel regulator screw try to unplug the vacuum line , u will see there is no changes on fuel pressure. then try to pull out ur fuel return line below the FPR, ur fuel pressure will drop very low. .. so imagine when u r in full throttle at high rpm, ur pressure will drop as per ur return volume goes down. . . i really doubt how ur engine gonna get ur afr to be correct.

i hope my advise could help..
thx for the explain
sorry, for me the vacuum & FPR thing is still new to me. trying to learn here.
wat i trying to do here is to get bak to original state. so i m goin to the wrong direction. this will mess up my AFR & harm my engine throughout the whole rpm?
so i should fit bak ae101 fuel pump for best result?

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
I just don't understand why you want to bring up the fuel pressure from the tank, and bring it down again using a FPR entering the fuel line. It's just a waste of energy and resources. It's like bringing something up initially and bringing it down in the end. What is the intention?

If I were you, I will buy back a stock fuel pump and sell off the Walbro fuel pump. This solution is cheaper than buying a FPR.

I previously do have an experience like yours (car stalls for 1 or 2 secs then accelerate at heavy throttle). I was on the stock air filter that time. Then I realize the reason is that there's no hose installed from the front bumper to the inlet of the air filter box. So all the air is blocked by the battery in front of the air filter box. So I changed to Apexi Dual Funnel Air Intake, problem solved. Not sure if yours is having the same problem as mine. It's just for sharing and hope it can solve your throttling issue.

nicholas1007

500 RPM
Mar 20, 2006
I just don't understand why you want to bring up the fuel pressure from the tank, and bring it down again using a FPR entering the fuel line. It's just a waste of energy and resources. It's like bringing something up initially and bringing it down in the end. What is the intention?

If I were you, I will buy back a stock fuel pump and sell off the Walbro fuel pump. This solution is cheaper than buying a FPR.

I previously do have an experience like yours (car stalls for 1 or 2 secs then accelerate at heavy throttle). I was on the stock air filter that time. Then I realize the reason is that there's no hose installed from the front bumper to the inlet of the air filter box. So all the air is blocked by the battery in front of the air filter box. So I changed to Apexi Dual Funnel Air Intake, problem solved. Not sure if yours is having the same problem as mine. It's just for sharing and hope it can solve your throttling issue.
i m using stock air filter also. if this will help. i will gonna try also. btw, urs one is auto also? thx for sharing.

nicholas1007

500 RPM
Mar 20, 2006
my car onli drive in Penang island. normal & a bit high rev.
Just culculated for my 1st tank after installed the FPR. i got 172KM for 18L of RON97 fuel. is this FC ok for auto? or can go better

nicholas1007

500 RPM
Mar 20, 2006
my fuel needle always running up n down. izzt the float problem or the meter. really hard to know the correct position.
the fuel tank is 45L full or 42L full?

nicholas1007

500 RPM
Mar 20, 2006
i m using stock air filter also. if this will help. i will gonna try also. btw, urs one is auto also? thx for sharing.
I was hoping to get a CAI to put somewhere front near the grill. But there is no space to get through to the air intake. Any suggestion where to route the CAI?
BTW, where can still get new stock fuel pump for BT?
Thx.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Bank of Singapore has hosted a golf tournament for 2011 at KLGCC, and are set to replicate the success from the 2010. This tournament is a well organized event, offering a variety of golf courses. The league is targeted at corporate players, spanning across various industries, allowing them the opportunity to mingle and network.

For the KLGCC leg...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience