Waja Intermittent Fail to Start Up

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Hi guys. Just want to share something with you out especially for those whose driving Proton Waja. Last CNY while on my way to JB i take a break at Seremban R&R for breakfast. Take a break around 15 minute.Then went back to car then start it up.Few second after that my engine suddenly die.Try to crank back but nothing.Its cranking well just wont start.I suspect battery flat out sing the night before I do some upgrading work for my ICE. Temporally disconnect all recently make connection and yet nothing happen. Start to diagnose spark fire,OK. Take out the fuel pump and test directly,OK. Last thing was suspected the ECU.BTW there is a guy straight away approach me once notice I could not start my car. He also starts to make some call asking what possible to be wrong. He keeps saying my fuel pump faulty. Just after I take out my fuel pump and tested directly to battery he say it could be the connector. He claims that yesterday also one Waja face a same problem with me. So I take disconnect and reconnect the connector, my car start to work again. No problem till last Friday. It’s happened again. Ask the spare part the say do not sell it. So I just bought a connector from Jalan Pasar and replace it. The connector start to loose and I just can pull it like that even it should be a self lock connector. What still in my mind now, why the guy wait for me to dismantle everything and testing everything even though he knew the solution it really simple. Now I doubt, normally if Waja breakdown and they claim fuel pump does it really fuel pump that cause the problem.

Attachments

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
R&R seremban is the most dangerous place...i created a thread about it somewhere in the car crime & security forum.
is it an indian guy? cos i had experience when i fren broke down at R&R seremban.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yeah probably that guy was vulture waiting for you to give up...

later u kena overhaul :biggrin:

because memang socket was the culprit...not fuel pump....fuel pump last a very long time....but the socket mainly didn't survive

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
waja command problem.. yup and it's all bout the connector. not the FP
Really eh Bro. So pity for them whose asking to change the FP. Lucky for me. :)

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

R&R seremban is the most dangerous place...i created a thread about it somewhere in the car crime & security forum.
is it an indian guy? cos i had experience when i fren broke down at R&R seremban.
Thanks for concern Ganz. I read the post before and aware. not indian this time. it is malay guy. think nothern from the speaking dialect.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

yeah probably that guy was vulture waiting for you to give up...

later u kena overhaul :biggrin:

because memang socket was the culprit...not fuel pump....fuel pump last a very long time....but the socket mainly didn't survive
Think you right Bro..cause once my car cannot start it straight away approach me and asking what happen. lucky i always bring my tools in car.Yes! some friend say just another extra weight. but better than my headed been chop just for small fault. at least i learn new think :biggrin:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
same case when i was doing a waja quite sum time ago,it just died while left idling. in dis case,it was really d fuel pump's fault,changing it solved d problem. plus,d old one didnt work when we tested it..

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
same case when i was doing a waja quite sum time ago,it just died while left idling. in dis case,it was really d fuel pump's fault,changing it solved d problem. plus,d old one didnt work when we tested it..
I do happen to me lah Bro. Just the morning before i buy the connector. start the car, open the gate just about to step in engine die. cannot start anymore till i disconnect the connector.in my case my FP still work lah..:biggrin:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
last time our van driver oso got con over there, now i keep 3 of my best mech no & my fren towing truck, lucky have them as fren

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks for concern Ganz. I read the post before and aware. not indian this time. it is malay guy. think nothern from the speaking dialect.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Think you right Bro..cause once my car cannot start it straight away approach me and asking what happen. lucky i always bring my tools in car.Yes! some friend say just another extra weight. but better than my headed been chop just for small fault. at least i learn new think :biggrin:
Vulture henchman lurking around every where....:mad:

I had one case but was in town. My old ride have the fuel pump under the car near the rear wheel. Park outside to attend wedding dinner, Came out started the car then move a short distance died off. Came out fiddle this and that then suddenly a guy on motorbike pass by and ask what is wrong. I contact my mechanic and he came over to check. The wire to the fuel pump was loosen. Just plug back and no more problem. Suspected this guy pull the wire and waited.....:mad:

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Vulture henchman lurking around every where....:mad:

I had one case but was in town. My old ride have the fuel pump under the car near the rear wheel. Park outside to attend wedding dinner, Came out started the car then move a short distance died off. Came out fiddle this and that then suddenly a guy on motorbike pass by and ask what is wrong. I contact my mechanic and he came over to check. The wire to the fuel pump was loosen. Just plug back and no more problem. Suspected this guy pull the wire and waited.....:mad:
nowday lot of people out there find a way to get easy money. even they have to sabotage others. the important thing they get $$$$..

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

last time our van driver oso got con over there, now i keep 3 of my best mech no & my fren towing truck, lucky have them as fren
lucky my cousin was a mechanic. he also got fellow for towing. so not to worried. even hen cannot come down settle the problem at least still can guide me.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
nowday lot of people out there find a way to get easy money. even they have to sabotage others. the important thing they get $$$$..

Yup, nowadays must beware. Motor bike lanes also they go throw nail.....:mad:

Oops, I think we OT a bit. So how is your problem, solved?

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Yup, nowadays must beware. Motor bike lanes also they go throw nail.....:mad:

Oops, I think we OT a bit. So how is your problem, solved?
that right.last time ride from klang to shah alam alway got flat tire. cause by the nail. the best part nail shitt look like new. not rusted. must be thrown by some one..:mad:

Yes. so far no more problem.but damm my alternator already gave hint it need a replacement soon. :smokin:

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, mind share some picture on how to remove the seat until can reach the fuel pump?
It's a straight forward job. There are 2 lock on the front bottom of the seat: left and right, pull the 2 seat lock, you can feel the seat loosen. Remove the seat. Remove another round metal cover and you see the fuel pump.

Oppss...it's the rear seat.

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Bro, mind share some picture on how to remove the seat until can reach the fuel pump?
Andy, ColdPlay already gave you instruction. If you notice below the seat got the pin. gently pull it and lift you seat. when it unlock just pull it up and pill forward a bit since the another hook on the other side. but once you pull the lock you can straight away can remove the seat. BTW does your FP problem?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It’s the eve of one of the most smoked-out battles to take place at SpeedCity’s circuit with the Achilles Formula Drift Malaysia 2012 Series ready to burn some rubber this weekend (19th -20th May 2012), much to the delight of drift fans that get to watch the entire battle from different angles, instead of just a meagre section of a race track.

<!--more-->In...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience