VW to takeover Proton??

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
Hope it is true......VW did make good cars...their 1.8 turbo engine very yummy...

then proton become the sister company of Lamborghini!!!!!!!

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
links said:
Hope it is true......VW did make good cars...their 1.8 turbo engine very yummy...

then proton become the sister company of Lamborghini!!!!!!!
go on VW....bring the QC to proton like what u did to skoda and seat....

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
Seat Cupra R.....golf Gti.....

1.8 turbo...VR 6 engine...W12 engine....VW always share these engine with its sister company...I have test drived my friend Passat 1.8 turbo....the turbo kicks in at 1800 plus rpm...very good engine...

by the way.if its really come true so we will have proton made..lotus tuned..lamborghini look + Vw power plan car????........

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
links said:
Seat Cupra R.....golf Gti.....

1.8 turbo...VR 6 engine...W12 engine....VW always share these engine with its sister company...I have test drived my friend Passat 1.8 turbo....the turbo kicks in at 1800 plus rpm...very good engine...

by the way.if its really come true so we will have proton made..lotus tuned..lamborghini look + Vw power plan car????........
nice combination but when it comes to the car pricing...we all faint....
imagine a waja for RM130K.

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
prodigy said:
nice combination but when it comes to the car pricing...we all faint....
imagine a waja for RM130K.
ahhhh shite.....spoiled the mood la prodigy...hehehehehe.....but thinking bout it...what will happen to CAMsemiPro?

PetrolHeaD

500 RPM
Dec 15, 2003
prod, saga, i dont think u have to worry about 130k wajas....

when VW took over skoda not only did they drastically improve the quality of skoda cars, the managed to keep the skoda priced much lower than its audi/vw/seat counterparts even though they shared many components like the engine, chassis, etc...

although this may finally give malaysians a car they can be proud of, i really have to ask whether having our car industry(perodua controlled by japs) under the control of foreigners is really beneficial or not? it'll just make them more powerful and us weaker...i mean look at GM and daewoo.....

to give an idea how bad skodas were before vw took over, here's a joke about skodas:

"how do we increase a skoda's selling price?"
"by filling up the tank."

bridgestoneRE711

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2005
my information is relible .
the percentage is quite high .
and what i can say is , proton's management sucks big time . this is what i know directly from someone high in proton . Tenku mahaleel is tasteless in automotive design , he is a good person , but too bad , he is not a good cEO . for TDM , he is just fark off person . TM is the kambing korban .

antaras

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
KL
Visit site
bridgestoneRE711 said:
my information is relible .
the percentage is quite high .
and what i can say is , proton's management sucks big time . this is what i know directly from someone high in proton . Tenku mahaleel is tasteless in automotive design , he is a good person , but too bad , he is not a good cEO . for TDM , he is just fark off person . TM is the kambing korban .

Tenku mahaleel is not tasteless in automotive design... well, u can say that too... but the whole of malaysia know he is after the money only... As for TDM... hahahaha... he's the mother of all gold diggers! TM latest comments were made on purpose... think about it... if i were him, I would make those comments b4 Proton launch Savvy... HAHAHAHA...

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
bridgestoneRE711 said:
Tenku mahaleel is tasteless in automotive design, he is not a good cEO for TDM , he is just fark off person
I think you should know there are Proton people who read these postings.

Please use a little bit of your brain before posting.

PetrolHeaD

500 RPM
Dec 15, 2003
Joeker said:
I think you should know there are Proton people who read these postings.

Please use a little bit of your brain before posting.
honestly joe,

the more proton ppl that read posts like these the better...then they can bring it to their meetings and tell the top brass to take their heads out of their asses, their hands away from their secretaries' crotches and the sticky fingers out of the company's funds and actually make SOMETHING of "good ol' proton".

ive got nothing against R3 though.

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
like that also can ahhhh... VW takeover Proton.... hummmm....

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
i don';t thinkVW will take over proton..

proton is a goverment feed national product...