VVT Solenoid VS VTEC Solenoid ??? Any comment?

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
Hi guys,

A friend of mine is driving VTEC. His VTEC sometimes engage & sometimes not. Might be the VTEC solenoid is not in good working condition. How can he know is where when till 5500rpm, d VTEC engine sounds does not change & don't feel the pull (G-Force).

Ok. Talks about our 20V BT VVT solenoid. Got to know that VVT engage at 1500rpm onwards. But VVT will not change sound & don't really feel any pull (G-Force). So how can we know whether our VVT is kong or not working at all???

Sifu please put some inputs. Thanks.

horned_ripper

Known Member
Dec 6, 2007
Subang
one way to be sure... get the vvt LED from chinozie :p

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
one way to be sure... get the vvt LED from chinozie :p
horned_ripper,

You use the VVT LED stuff before? Anyone use before & any comment? Lights will on all the way when VVT engage? So which means lights will on from 1500rpm till 8000rpm???

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Hi guys,

A friend of mine is driving VTEC. His VTEC sometimes engage & sometimes not. Might be the VTEC solenoid is not in good working condition. How can he know is where when till 5500rpm, d VTEC engine sounds does not change & don't feel the pull (G-Force).

Ok. Talks about our 20V BT VVT solenoid. Got to know that VVT engage at 1500rpm onwards. But VVT will not change sound & don't really feel any pull (G-Force). So how can we know whether our VVT is kong or not working at all???

Sifu please put some inputs. Thanks.

VTEC engage by cylinder oil, better oil the early VTEC will kick in... VVT engage by electronic.
With the sound, you won't feel any changes. But if you have the VVT light which can purchase with bro chin, you can know when it kick in,.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

horned_ripper,

You use the VVT LED stuff before? Anyone use before & any comment? Lights will on all the way when VVT engage? So which means lights will on from 1500rpm till 8000rpm???
Not so fast the VVT engage la... Should around 5000 rpm just on...

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
VTEC engage by cylinder oil, better oil the early VTEC will kick in... VVT engage by electronic.
With the sound, you won't feel any changes. But if you have the VVT light which can purchase with bro chin, you can know when it kick in,.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Ya, Should be around 5000rpm. But bro chin put up a video that shows the lights on at 1500rpm & he state that the VVT engage at 1500rpm. Maybe I read it wrongly.

Bro Chin,

Can clarify abit ?:biggrin:

horned_ripper

Known Member
Dec 6, 2007
Subang
horned_ripper,

not tried yet... :p

MR. TOM'S

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
Ya, Should be around 5000rpm. But bro chin put up a video that shows the lights on at 1500rpm & he state that the VVT engage at 1500rpm. Maybe I read it wrongly.

Bro Chin,

Can clarify abit ?:biggrin:
tat was on free ram isit???? means in neutral without load....

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
I believe the Vtec 'sound' and power pull at 5500rpm is similar to the vvtL... not the vvti.......

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Basically all VVT systems is a electro-hydraulic system,means an ecu switching an electric solenoid,which act as a 'door' for the oil to flow to VVT system.As far as i know,only Lexus IS-F use all electric VVT called VVT-iE.However not all VVT have the same effect,it depends whether if it is cam-phasing,cam-changing or both.

Our SVT,BT VVT is cam phasing,advance or retard intake opening&closing angle only,on off system.Altezza Dual VVT-I is advance and retard both intake and exhaust,and also it is continously variable,meaning the angle of advance and retard is not specific across the rpm range.Cam-phasing VVT doesnt gives much 'kick in' feel.

Honda VTEC is a cam changing VVT,which completely change the to another cam hence it gives the 'kick in' feel and also exhaust note change as the secondary cam parameters are all different from the primary cam.

Honda i-VTEC,Toyota VVTL-i is both cam changing and cam phasing.The best...low to midrange torque and high rpm power..

Info:Just recently browsed the net,looks like LS460 also use VVT-iE

Last edited:

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007

VTEC engage with electronic...the solenoid allow the oil pressure to push the pin and lock the mid rocker arm....BT VVT is smarter...it can function on 1500rev...compare to svt

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Need help sifu sifu, is been quite some time that there is rattle sound at the rear of my car, the rattle sound is on and off, but this few weeks, it didnt go off at all, which pretty irritates me when driving.

Any solutions that can help bro???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience