VR4 Mods

acbc

KD
Originally posted by vestax@Feb 16 2005, 11:24
anyway vr4 is a cocky engine to play la , wasting time only ler , see all our tailo , sell off their car's and use stock cars . much more comfortable and less hassle and can drive with a peace of mind . :lol:
Aiks? What cocky engine ar? :o

Somebody I know runs 4G63-T in his car (Iswara) wor... :P

MitonCT26

Seremban
Originally posted by kher+Feb 16 2005, 10:17 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kher @ Feb 16 2005, 10:17 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by acbc@Feb 16 2005, 10:12
<!--QuoteBegin-MitonCT26
@Feb 15 2005, 16:56
i heard from many forummers ah...VR-4 engine KAOHAI one...like SHIT one...bun buy la!!!

buy evo halfcut..the best.  <_<

then ah all the rest of the VR-4 halfcut i sapu keep as spare... :lol:

nowadays wanna look for spare parts for that bloody engine pun susah.  :(

Sapu? I sapu first la...

Anyway, Mun Lee @ Puchong has 5 units of VR4 RS halfcuts for sale... last time (months ago), they willing to nego if take all 5 units - they want to clear the space for EVO halfcuts.

Anyone? :P
U take 4 n i take 1 la...

u use 1 n keep 3 as spare parts... can sell spare parts to zth bros.. hehe... :D [/b][/quote]
oi all forgot about me ah..? <_<

i also need 1 unit la..

so got 3 takers, 2 extra... ;)

bloody hell air con compressor jammed at the 30th night...today only the !)$#@%$!# air cond shop opens.. :angry:

acbc kor kor, can put at my house wat...got space for at least 5 halfcuts + rear cuts + undercut whatever cut... :lol:

evo3

Jul 2, 2004
hahahaha....

VR4 where got nice....not nice one...hard to control..... sell everything lo... hehehe

how much is the halfcut? :P

wajawaji

:P Dear all sifus of VR4

I want to change evo wiring and evo ecu because I have vr4 wiring and vr4 ecu with rechipped function.I find it to be very rich and too much black smoke.

I also have the evo items as below in my set-up and appreciate if any sifus or VR4 modders can share what else needs to be done for wiring and ignition function.

Not planning to change turbos, clutch, exsoz, cams and other internals because it suffice for now.

I have :
evo airflow with HKS Green element filter
evo injectors
evo fuel pump and 4wd tank
ultra spark plug wire
eci multi manifold

what else arr besides evo engine wiring and evo ecu. Please help to advise

wajawaji

SDF

missing her so much
super waja ! ;)

ur car so fast...why la wanna upgrade somemore baiiii.... ;)

anyway u shud swap back ur injectors to 450cc...the VR4 ECU meant to control up to 450cc...unless u running the entire VR4-RS (240hp) wiring and ECU...then itz ok to have 510cc...if not...surely the brain cannot control the hands.... "tak ngam maaa..."

Worse still is...re-chip...watz the chip's specs ?? We really don't know what is the exact setup for the chip...
1. Wat fuel octane ? race fuel ?
2. Ignition setup for the chip ?
3. Capacity of engine ?
4. Boost level ?
5. Cam setup duration ?
6. Ambient temperature ?
Without knowing all these perimeters of the chip...itz almost close to impossible setting up ur engine..

;)

kher

Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
so complicated 1 mod cars.... worst than add maths in my scool la.. :(

SDF: Today i kena tiong by satria (duno is 1.3, 1.5 or 1.6) in kesas la... my meter
stuck at 150km/h like dat. got wat way to upgrade it temporary to
about..... 190km/h??? :D

not nice la... always kena cuck by ppl in highway but canot escape 1 unless i switch lane <_< .

Not perasan la but i realised tat when i drive Galant oni will kena cucuk so often 1. suddenly i chatting nicely wif the passengers inside i will c 1 big image in the mirror... :(
I drove b4 2 wira. so peaceful 1??? :( somemore 1 got big exhaust...

n speed is almost the same in watever car i drive. :huh:

SDF

missing her so much
kher..

swap engine ;)....then u'd easily make it to 180..after that itz got a speed-cut... :lol: :lol:

why la wanna run so fast...let him overtake lor... ;) since u oredi said ma...u enjoying the chat wit 'fren' inside the car...why wanna speed so fast wor...slow slow lar..

kher

Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
coz angry la.... come cucuk me when i'm enjoying... :angry:

if he flash light then it'll be ok. i'll move away....

sometimes also quite sad...driving a 2.0L car but always kena bully by cars 2.0L below...
name onli Galant....haha... :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyway i feel tat this SOHC engine giv better response during accelration (but also not very quick tat type) n mid range.
top end very underpower. it'll make more noise than power at top end...
normal ah? or i hav problems like ecu or wirings??? :unsure:

swap engine??? VR-4? in a FWD? :huh:

dolly

Dec 24, 2003
kher maybe you were enjoying on the wrong lane?

dont get me wrong, but if u kena cucuk on the middle lane, that fella is screwed up. but if kena cucuk on fast lane, let him pass oni lar, maybe he is rushing for something? mom sick, gf angry, dog dying etc etc

evo3

Jul 2, 2004
yalor.... he wan to drive fast fast let him be ma.....

just enjoy ur ride..... :P

kher

Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Originally posted by dolly@Feb 17 2005, 09:21
kher maybe you were enjoying on the wrong lane?

dont get me wrong, but if u kena cucuk on the middle lane, that fella is screwed up. but if kena cucuk on fast lane, let him pass oni lar, maybe he is rushing for something? mom sick, gf angry, dog dying etc etc
erm...me crusing on the right lane bout 140-150km/h like dat lor... mayb should open a 4th lane for ppl 150km/h n above... :lol:

acbc

KD
Originally posted by kher@Feb 16 2005, 18:05
coz angry la.... come cucuk me when i'm enjoying... :angry:

if he flash light then it'll be ok. i'll move away....

sometimes also quite sad...driving a 2.0L car but always kena bully by cars 2.0L below...
name onli Galant....haha... :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyway i feel tat this SOHC engine giv better response during accelration (but also not very quick tat type) n mid range.
top end very underpower. it'll make more noise than power at top end...
normal ah? or i hav problems like ecu or wirings??? :unsure:

swap engine??? VR-4? in a FWD? :huh:
No. Throw away the auto box!

Mitsubishi make lousy auto tranny one...

Or if money is no object, visit this site: http://www.importperformancetrans.com/mits...auto.shtml#main to upgrade your stock auto box for more power but adding / upgrading some components.

kher

Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
yala... i hate mitsu's auto box. life span damn short n also damn noisy...

juz change 1 for not even haf a year now i hear all sorts of noise again + some jerking.... :angry:

same goes to my uncle's perdana 2.0... the auto box alr change once. n now tis 1 goin to condemn very soon. tat's the reason he diden make it to go genting during CNY... :P

evo3

Jul 2, 2004
Mitsu auto gb is sux big time.....

acbc

KD
According to various sites... the standard auto gearbox can withstand up to 300hp and the manual up to 500hp in stock form.

When rebuild with really expensive aftermarket parts, both auto and manual can go up to 500hp and 700hp respectively.

A fully rebuild auto gearbox for drag can cost up to RM 11k if imported from the US. :o

currently i'm using Soft99... OK wit it... but i saw a special blended just for white paint car... coOL!! and it's double de normal Soft99 price... Original imported in from Japan... wonder anybody use that b4...

saw it in Ace Hardware in Mid Valley... u guys can go check it out... and it's ONLY for white paint cars...

;)