VR4 Mods

carcraze

Known Member
Mar 3, 2004
Very little I see VR4 postings nowadays. Is everyone tired of this powerful engine? Anyways, I have a few topics for discussion for those interested. And, if anyone has anything to share, do post in this thread too.

1. Does your VR4 in a Wira feel a little laggish when you accelerate? When the accelerator pedals are pressed, does anyone experience an empty spot where the engine does not rev immediately. Very minimal.... ( this is on standstill and without any gears )

2. Does improving the flow of your pipings allow for better idling?

3. Does higher fuel pressure and increased injectors provide better idling?

4. Will a fuel regulator provide better response to a VR4 engine?

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
Originally posted by carcraze@Feb 15 2005, 15:03
Very little I see VR4 postings nowadays. Is everyone tired of this powerful engine? Anyways, I have a few topics for discussion for those interested. And, if anyone has anything to share, do post in this thread too.

1. Does your VR4 in a Wira feel a little laggish when you accelerate? When the accelerator pedals are pressed, does anyone experience an empty spot where the engine does not rev immediately. Very minimal.... ( this is on standstill and without any gears )

but i would really like to know the answers for these questions la... :D

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
wei i mana ada vr4 ..
wht i heard..
evo users also crying for vr4 internals hehehhe

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
normal la.....

AUS got 1 guy i know fed up of blown evo 3 engine. He took out the evo 3 engine from his lancer evo 3 n put in a vr4 engine. :huh:
So his car ma call Mitsubishi Lancer VR4...hahaha..... :lol:

Then got 1 workshop in Sentosa, Klang lagi keng.
also lancer evo 3 wif VR4 engine. As we know VR4 internals strong alr ma. They somemore put many forged items inside... :huh:

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
i heard from many forummers ah...VR-4 engine KAOHAI one...like SHIT one...bun buy la!!!

buy evo halfcut..the best. <_<

then ah all the rest of the VR-4 halfcut i sapu keep as spare... :lol:

nowadays wanna look for spare parts for that bloody engine pun susah. :(

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
its newer...internal lighter....
but when tweak it more...the internal can stand the amount of boost....
unlike vr4...our sdf taikor has 400hp galant vr4 wit stock internal running at 1.9boost...

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
-- if on standstill and without any gears engaged...how do u know itz laggish ? ;)

-- no

-- no

-- depends on how u tweak the regulator..best one to get is FSE, proven reliable and stable

I think you have wiring problems there dude...which is why u keep asking about IDLING issues... B)

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Originally posted by MitonCT26@Feb 15 2005, 16:56
i heard from many forummers ah...VR-4 engine KAOHAI one...like SHIT one...bun buy la!!!

Sapu? I sapu first la...

Anyway, Mun Lee @ Puchong has 5 units of VR4 RS halfcuts for sale... last time (months ago), they willing to nego if take all 5 units - they want to clear the space for EVO halfcuts.

Anyone? :P

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Originally posted by carcraze@Feb 15 2005, 15:03

As mentioned by SDF, you got major wiring issues... either you find someone to fix it or dump the stock ECU + wiring and go for management (less hassle and more tweaking / tuning potential.

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
Originally posted by acbc+Feb 16 2005, 10:12 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (acbc @ Feb 16 2005, 10:12 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MitonCT26@Feb 15 2005, 16:56

Sapu? I sapu first la...

Anyway, Mun Lee @ Puchong has 5 units of VR4 RS halfcuts for sale... last time (months ago), they willing to nego if take all 5 units - they want to clear the space for EVO halfcuts.

Anyone? :P [/b][/quote]
U take 4 n i take 1 la...

u use 1 n keep 3 as spare parts... can sell spare parts to zth bros.. hehe... :D

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
You give me RM 20k cash 1st la... for purchase + storage - need to rent a warehouse in Sungai Buloh... :P

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
Originally posted by acbc@Feb 16 2005, 10:25
You give me RM 20k cash 1st la... for purchase + storage - need to rent a warehouse in Sungai Buloh... :P
no money la... this CNY diden untung much... share market drop.... :(

anyway.... if u got money u can buy all the 5 VR4 hafcuts n chop them into pieces again then sell as spare parts rite?

can earn ah like dat? hehe... :lol:
juz my piece of imagination.... ;)

carcraze

Known Member
Mar 3, 2004
sdf,
Bro you the man. Master of VR4s la. Do you know of a good mech that can do a good wiring for me? I do not want to change my management system, but I believe the stock ECU should do fine right? I mean, how can a Galant VR4 idle then? Hahaha.....
Bro, give me some recommendations....the one you have there GT Auto, I presume they are good. Expensive ah?

acbc,
Don't want engine management yet la. Although I am exploring on it. Hear frm ppl that if it's not done right, can be worst.
Who's the chic I saw you with the other day la. Hahahha.....

It's hard to find parts for VR4 cause stocks are low now. Even the price is going up for half cuts. Looks like I invested correctly...hahahh.

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
hey carcraze ,
ur car is runing on a single layer ecu right ?. so why don't you get yourself a datalogger . it think it would cost approx RM 400 to get those stuff , such as a old compatible pda , harness & installation . its a logging device its sort of a diagnostic tool , to monitor your engine .

if you have a compatible PDA you can download the software here & purchase the harness in ebay .

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dsmdatalog < datalog software

its a good investment , sadly i can't use it cause im runing on a dual board type ecu .

anyway vr4 is a cocky engine to play la , wasting time only ler , see all our tailo , sell off their car's and use stock cars . much more comfortable and less hassle and can drive with a peace of mind . :lol:

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Originally posted by vestax@Feb 16 2005, 11:24
anyway vr4 is a cocky engine to play la , wasting time only ler , see all our tailo , sell off their car's and use stock cars . much more comfortable and less hassle and can drive with a peace of mind . :lol:
Aiks? What cocky engine ar? :o

Somebody I know runs 4G63-T in his car (Iswara) wor... :P

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
Originally posted by kher+Feb 16 2005, 10:17 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kher @ Feb 16 2005, 10:17 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by acbc@Feb 16 2005, 10:12
<!--QuoteBegin-MitonCT26
@Feb 15 2005, 16:56

buy evo halfcut..the best.  <_<

nowadays wanna look for spare parts for that bloody engine pun susah.  :(

Sapu? I sapu first la...

Anyone? :P
U take 4 n i take 1 la...

u use 1 n keep 3 as spare parts... can sell spare parts to zth bros.. hehe... :D [/b][/quote]
oi all forgot about me ah..? <_<

i also need 1 unit la..

so got 3 takers, 2 extra... ;)

bloody hell air con compressor jammed at the 30th night...today only the !)$#@%$!# air cond shop opens.. :angry:

acbc kor kor, can put at my house wat...got space for at least 5 halfcuts + rear cuts + undercut whatever cut... :lol:

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
hahahaha....

VR4 where got nice....not nice one...hard to control..... sell everything lo... hehehe

how much is the halfcut? :P

wajawaji

Nov 17, 2003
:P Dear all sifus of VR4

I want to change evo wiring and evo ecu because I have vr4 wiring and vr4 ecu with rechipped function.I find it to be very rich and too much black smoke.

I also have the evo items as below in my set-up and appreciate if any sifus or VR4 modders can share what else needs to be done for wiring and ignition function.

Not planning to change turbos, clutch, exsoz, cams and other internals because it suffice for now.

I have :
evo airflow with HKS Green element filter
evo injectors
evo fuel pump and 4wd tank
ultra spark plug wire
eci multi manifold

what else arr besides evo engine wiring and evo ecu. Please help to advise

wajawaji

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys! Would appreciate if u could suggest where to get this type of meter holder? specifically single or double pod n if can 60mm.....

looks like this....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/SA6YEuro/meterpod.jpg

more suggestions the better.... i know eneos n gc is sellin them.... cheap2 ok la.... no need full carbon fiber or else the holder/pod will b more expensive than the meter!!! hahaha

thanx......
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience