Vibration and wheel balancing.

boy_may22

Known Member
Aug 15, 2008
JOHOR
Vibration and wheel balancing- help needed

hi bros, i'm facing car body vibration problem, sometimes can feel it at my gear knob and steering during at the speed around 100kmh. the person in back seat can feel the vibration clearly and sometimes it sounds like grrrrrrrrr.. grrrrrrr.. grrrrrrrr.. above 140kmh i can hear some sound frm rear left hand side wheel, so after sometimes i changed to new tyres, the problem gone, almost one mnth after that the problem came again at the same wheel, did wheel balancing again. problem still persist. checked wheel bearing and all the upper and lower arms at a mechanic shop, everything is god. what other things may cause this. should i do on-car wheel balancing, any good recomended shop?. i'm in skudai area. pls help. thks.

Last edited:

angrysnail

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2009
Petaling Jaya
wordlinx.com
any modification u do at ur car b4?...do u already check on ur suspension system?..the absorber maybe?..i never see the lancer gt construction yet but it's a multilink..

anything on it it can be the cause..

the wheel bearing things..do u check by open it?..

i believe ur car still in warranty..for this problem,u need to ask ur mechanic to lift-up your car at the platform~4-point~..and drive on it..

maybe he can determine it more easily..

just my opinion..:idea:

boy_may22

Known Member
Aug 15, 2008
JOHOR
the first time i face the problem, i was on stock absorber with lowered spring, now i'm on fully adjustable absorber and the problem still persist. no other mod had been done to the multilink suspension system. waranty i dont think can claim, cause i already lowered the car, and the rims with tyres are not stock. bro, where is the good place to do on car wheel balancing, i wana try it. thks for yr replies.

angrysnail

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2009
Petaling Jaya
wordlinx.com
Means u have a problem when u lowered the car?in dat time ur rim and tyre still stock or already change?...for shop,any place u can get a good one,just see how they care about ur car..

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
didn't do any aligment after wheel change & sus change...?? bravo dude... u'r the man...:biggrin:
just do the aligment, anything will be good again...

boy_may22

Known Member
Aug 15, 2008
JOHOR
i did alignment after changed spring and after changed coilover. and did again a month after changed coilover with laser alignment with wheel balancing. i think the problem came after i lowered the car, but everything looks fine when i checked with mechanic..

angrysnail

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2009
Petaling Jaya
wordlinx.com
What i can say is,maybe ur tire too close with ur wheel house..when high speed the friction become more and tire rapidly touch ur whellhouse..then u can hear it..check the gap between tire and around it..r u tried drive it alone?or with passenger?..

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
such a new car edi has such problems? :hmmmm:

some common problems for vibration :

1) have u put the rim ring on the centre of ur after market sport rims?
2) ur tyre profiles too thin?
3) brake disc crooked?
4) brake pad?
5) rim width to wide??

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The country's first programme that caters for female motorists has just been launched by Goodyear, who together with the Automobile Association of Malaysia (AAM), will be offering the free community service programme, called 'Women with Drive,' in the hopes of better educating female motorists.

Set to be conducted by Goodyear Autocare experts...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience