Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) in Altis really useful?

ckchew666

Aug 28, 2005
KL, M'sia
Hi,

Any Altis 1.8 owner here? I'd like to ask if the VSC really important and necessary in our daily driving environment?

And how do we know if the VSC has kick-in/started?

Experience user please comment :regular_smile:

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
it is really useful.... my friend tested it in his altis 1.8 which comes with VSC..
what he did to test it was he was going in a 180 degree corner to get into a
highway... he tekan quite hard and enter the corner at a fast (but safe) speed,
the the car understeer ( he felt it for about 1~2 seconds), then the VSC activated
and kicked in (with a beep beep sound that u can hear from somewhere in the
dashboard to inform the driver of VSC activation), then the computer(ECU)
automatically reduce the throttle and did minor adjustment to the steering to
correct the understeer back to course...
but of course the above action can be dangerous as VSC not neccesarry can salvage all the consequences of the understeer if the understeer is too hard.
well, that's what i heard from my friend, anyone can elaborate more on this??

sylkhannaz

Known Member
Aug 15, 2005
Selangor
i tried it before too. i was taking corner at a very high speed and that beeping sound went off. i didnt notice what happened but i did manage to cut that corner perfectly. Maybe it was VSC maybe Traction Control.

remember camry's tv advert where this stuntman refuses to drive the camry to make it out-of-control because it also have VSC like altis? he said impossible but yeah, those tv ad of course not real la. If yes, then savvy can use to scrath godzilla.

As from my experience, it helps, especially for the high centre gravity nature of altis. i guess it does work. view http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/safety_presen/tech/30.html

or this: http://www.contitevesna.com/pdfs/Toyota_ESC_Study.pdf

Last edited:
S

skyline86

good info here, i never notice that VSC is so usefull, as normally we just drive to work, having traffic jam n without playing this VSC...

savagez

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
PJ
also good for our country as aqua-plaining always happen... the TRC and VSC will lit up when it detects one wheel went into water puddle and slows down your car.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
hmm... only the 2004 altis 1.8 got the trc & vsc?
pre-2004 version don't have, right?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my kenari is facing (i think) engine oil decrease, it is full when cold morning before start the car, and after engine running optimum temp, i shut the car off immediately and remeasure the oil level, the oil level goes down to half, is this normal?(ps. all measurement done at leveled floor) i heard some mechs said that is normal, and kenari engine oil must be measured right after car engine turned off is the most accurate, if low oil level reading resulted from that means engine oil is low...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience