V power Racing

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
hi guys,

as of our last meet up, we discussed about the Shell V-power Racing.
some say... they are RON 100.... some say RON 100 are not octane 100 race fuels.

this is what i got from doing my research.

Shell V-Power Racing has a minimum Research Octane Number (RON) of 97.

so, they mentioned minimum... where's the exact number ?

btw, those who pump these petrol already do post up some review about it...

i'll start with myself...

FD3S.... engine smoother... alot smoother... engine feels lighter.... no diff in fuel economy
Vios..... engine feels alot lighter... 2nd tank with normal shell super... fuel economy improved by 20 %... can't imagine that...

i hold no liability for those who pump shell V power racing into Diesel engine or hydrogen powered engines. :)

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
but in the other hand... i checked out shell australia....

this is what they say...

What is the octane of new Shell V-Power Racing?

Shell V-Power Racing has a minimum Research Octane Number (RON) of 100.

do we really get RON 100 or we just get their RON97 with 5 % ethanol and FMT (friction modifier technology) ?

did we get cheated ? :)

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
according to our local laws the max we can have is 97.

v0ices

Known Member
May 24, 2006
V-Power Racing in Malaysia is RON97
In diff countries it is diff.
Australia is RON100
Singapore is RON98
UK is RON99

RON doesn't necessary gives you "power".
The new V-Power Racing make use of three technology to get more % power from the fuel. Normally we are able to get only 30% of the fuel's actual power.
With V-Power Racing, the claimed figure is 35% - 40% because of
1. Better cleaning power
2. FMT - less friction - less heat - more power
3. High base fuel grade - to improve burning efficiency.

theseira

Known Member
Oct 18, 2006
That is so sad to hear. If it has anything to do with the environment that we get 97 ron instead of 99-100.....it's full of crap. Our country is one of the least environmental friendly countries in the region. 97 unleaded should be the normal stuff at our pumps. Looks like got to get the octane booster out.

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
yeah.. just pump the normal octane 97 ones... and pour a bottle of octane booster in the tank.. gives u more than RON 100 :P just additional 10 % charge on one tank... just like the difference when pumping V power and super.

on the site they mentioned that RON 100 with the 5 % ethanol burns cleaner... thus better for the environment.....

now idea about ron 97 with 5 % ethanol.... but the octane level seems to be giving difference in term of reducing the ping and knocks on our cars.... but the
actual fact... ron 97 and ron 100 ... are there any difference.... in term of power and environment ?

MrPenghulu

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
actually.... to the facts... i wanna tell you all guys one things that is.... the best petrol is PETRONAS... really.... my brother's friend who is the assistant lecturer in
NUS( National University Of Singapore).... who hold MASTER in Chemistry... he say that the best petrol is Petronas one because it contains the less RON in the world... following is the V Power.... altough before this i dont like Petronas... but after i start using it... i can feel lot more smoother and also more powerful... that is my feeling la.... to others is you have to try it and give your reason please...

sorry for my interruption... haha... mostly is to those Rotary Owners... thanks ya... test it and let me know... thanks

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
MrPenghulu said:
best petrol is Petronas one because it contains the less RON in the world... following is the V Power.... altough before this i dont like Petronas... but after i start using it... i can feel lot more smoother and also more powerful... that is my feeling la.... to others is you have to try it and give your reason please...
Less RON? I dont know about you but I thought more RON is better?
Is the performance difference can really be justified.I mean..this time its not 1.92 or 1.98 anymore

its more like rm2.1x allready.

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
are there any studies actually done on the petrol in malaysia ? i've been searching for reviews etc etc etc but none is available....
millage got... but performance wise.... composition wise.... burning clean wise... all these are not available.

are they hiding this as government gives incentive for all petrol so that all petrol will have same market share or what ?

this maybe is one of the issue that's roled under controled content :)

MrPenghulu

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
this kind of thing i do not know that much.... as i heard my brother say that PETRONAS petrol is the best based on his friend have done a research.... :P

v0ices

Known Member
May 24, 2006
Honestly, it really depend on what car we drive.
This is what I THINK is suppose to be... I might be wrong, I am no scientist :P
Higher RON doesn't necessary mean better performance.
Higher RON just mean less likely the fuel to burn premarturely (pre-ignition) which equals less knocking. Because higher compression is needed to ignite the fuel and with the higher compression, more energy is released and transferred from the fuel.
Vice versa for lower RON.

Take in the case that I drive an old Corolla maybe.. I might want a lower RON, because my engine doesn't have that "power" to give high compression to ignite the fuel fully and to get the power available in high RON fuel.
But if I have a RX7, that would be a different case.

Just my half a cent

As for the best fuel. All fuel have the same base. It's just the additive used that makes the difference. But oil from Malaysia is one of the best grade in the world because of the low sulphur content. But then again, we sell our crude oil and then buy from others.

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
true,but this being a RE forum.I was saying a statement meant for RE users :D

Correct me if i'm mistaken,but higher octane in a rotary doesnt do much difference because rotary engine can take lower octane fuel just fine.

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
i tried Shell on my car (H22A) engine .. not nice. feels not nice..

i tried Primax 3 Petronas on my car (H22A) engine .. damn nice! dunno how 2 tell d feelings. RM90-95 / 500KM / VTEC all d way

BHP / BP = feels so nice also like Primax 3.

overall,last time use SHELL. but now use PRIMAX 3. no more to SHELL

MrPenghulu

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
hmm.... depends on what engine... after i use petronas i can also feel that it is nice and more powerful

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Currently im using GAB HA Hi-Lo suspension. The spring rate i'm using right now is front 5k rear 4k.

It seems very hard on humps and bumps. Wonder if any TITAN spring can into my absorber?
i want it to be a bit softer than what i having now.

Thx.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience