UR fender bars - squeak? or no squeak?

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i believe most of u (or some) have UR fender bars installed on your monsters. i just wanna know, if they make some sound (squeak) when u take really hard corners? or do i have to weld it onto my chassis to prevent it from squeaking? :driver:

do share.

thanks.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
as far as i know, any PnP bars shouldn't squeak..

i'm using original bars & it doesn't squeak..

mayb the bolts loose..

:biggrin:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
I have fender bars installed in my SO4. So far no squeak or weird sound. I welded it to the strut tower frame coz lazy to drill holes and get the bolts inside the frame :biggrin:. Futhermore, I think weld is stronger than bolt and it spreads the load onto much larger area.

I've already sprayed some anti-rust onto the welded area, inside & outside the frame to prevent rust. This pic was taken before that.

Last edited:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
Probably no squeak cuz u welded it. Just wanna know if its necessary to weld. Afaik, after welding, *touch wood* u kena accident, itll be a problem then..

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
depends on the quality of the weld..

:biggrin:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i see i see. so i guess i shall weld mine too. thanks for all the feedback =)

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
agreed...theres no real need to weld...

but personally id rather weld... coz the idea of drilling holes is a lil freaky for me.. if not sprayed over or watever...rust could build up

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
UR and UTR.
You want the history?
Partners tat gaduh and went their separate way.
So 1- UR and 1 UTR...

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
ahahahaha.. i thought e-tech gonna give some history lesson with wall of text, see only 2 lines...

i agree with huakenny, BUT now that i found out need to drill? i think i shall weld.

thanks again guys =)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hope to get some help on this, can anybody tell me how to wire the cabin light, cos the stock one in my car does not work, dont think it has power running into it at all, im driving a saga aeroback,, can any sifu there help me, im trying to find the wire that makes it work or where to tap a new source so when door open light will on and when door close light off, hope that there is people who can help me thanks in advance to those who responce to this thread
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience