UK Satria GTI owner with some questions

UK Satria GTI

Sep 28, 2008
Hello everyone, I own a Proton Satria GTI and I want to put in a 6A12 TT 2.0l V6 engine in from a Galant.

I am aware that this has been done before but what I am looking for is someone who has some information on this, or better still, someone who has done this.

I have seen a couple of videos on youtube and it looks incredibly impressive.

I have found a 1995 Galant Vr4 in the UK which is for sale, however, it is an automatic. I will need to find a clutch and Flywheel in the UK which may be difficult but if it is easy then it isn't worth doing.

I will search the forum for information and previous discussions on this but if anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be really gratefull!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

UK Satria GTI

Sep 28, 2008
10 views and no replies :rolleyes:

:idea: Best add some pics of the car, see i that helps :idea:

balgsr

Known Member
Mar 17, 2006
Hello everyone, I own a Proton Satria GTI and I want to put in a 6A12 TT 2.0l V6 engine in from a Galant.

I am aware that this has been done before but what I am looking for is someone who has some information on this, or better still, someone who has done this.

I have seen a couple of videos on youtube and it looks incredibly impressive.

I have found a 1995 Galant Vr4 in the UK which is for sale, however, it is an automatic. I will need to find a clutch and Flywheel in the UK which may be difficult but if it is easy then it isn't worth doing.

I will search the forum for information and previous discussions on this but if anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be really gratefull!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.
you looking those part in uk,sadly we in mlysia..how can we help you:confused:
but i can give you little tip:idea:..if u can't find any vr4 clutch & flywheel,try use Evo 1,2,3 part..it will fit in...

ExODus

Known Member
May 14, 2006
Why the 6A12 TT? :hmmmm: Why not the 4g63 from Galant VR4 or Lancer Evo's? :smokin:

UK Satria GTI

Sep 28, 2008
you looking those part in uk,sadly we in mlysia..how can we help you:confused:
but i can give you little tip:idea:..if u can't find any vr4 clutch & flywheel,try use Evo 1,2,3 part..it will fit in...

Can you please point out where I asked you to help me find the parts in the UK??????????

What I am looking for from this forum is information.
Thanks for the tip for th fly and clutch. That is exactly the kind of information I am looking for.

Last edited:

UK Satria GTI

Sep 28, 2008
that engine is heavy bro.why not listen to exodus n opt for evo's engine.

The main reasons are.................
availability (I am aware of a VR-4 that is for sale now),
price (the VR-4 is a LOT cheaper than an Evo 1-3 and I can't find a 4g63 powered Galant)
individuality (a few 'evo'/4g63 conversions over here but I haven't heard of a 6a12tt conversion yet in the UK).

ExODus

Known Member
May 14, 2006
The main reasons are.................
availability (I am aware of a VR-4 that is for sale now),
price (the VR-4 is a LOT cheaper than an Evo 1-3 and I can't find a 4g63 powered Galant)
individuality (a few 'evo'/4g63 conversions over here but I haven't heard of a 6a12tt conversion yet in the UK).
Ouch... No 4g63 powered Galant over there...? maybe the 6a12tt are intended to the European market... Same here in Malaysia, lots of 4g63 conversions done here to Satria/Wira/Putra... Never heard 6a12tt conversion on these models... It's more popular on Perdana...

UK Satria GTI

Sep 28, 2008
Ouch... No 4g63 powered Galant over there...? maybe the 6a12tt are intended to the European market... Same here in Malaysia, lots of 4g63 conversions done here to Satria/Wira/Putra... Never heard 6a12tt conversion on these models... It's more popular on Perdana...
The most common (in the UK that is) 4g63 that would be compatible is the evo 1-3, but they are very expensive and the V6 would be a very nice sight when opening the bonnett/hood.

I may have to re-think this though, as there does not appear to be a lot of information available for this.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
seen a few before bro in kl.satria with that engine.

UK Satria GTI

Sep 28, 2008
The other option is the 1.8 lancer GSR or the 1.8 Lancer RS (not reallytoo sure what is the difference between the two).

These are a direct swap engine wise and I have just fond one for sale.

edmunz85

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2006
no point v6 1.6 engine.....drove frens 1 b4....bad fuel consumption n slow....jus go for a turbo gsr or evo....or tune ur 4g93...its way better then 1.6 v6....not worth of ur money.....wats da cost of a evo halfcut there............

UK Satria GTI

Sep 28, 2008
no point v6 1.6 engine.....drove frens 1 b4....bad fuel consumption n slow....jus go for a turbo gsr or evo....or tune ur 4g93...its way better then 1.6 v6....not worth of ur money.....wats da cost of a evo halfcut there............
The engine was a 2.0l V6 twin turbo, not the 1.6l V6 twin turbo.

I wouldn't know where to find an evo half cut over here :confused:

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
i personally never meet any Satria V6tt here in m'sia but guess the weight distribution could caused a bad handling or understeer.correct me if im wrong.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

got anybody has been modify their YRV eng?I dun know how max the Hp can get with ori eng with rpogramable computer and bigger turbo.I need advise
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience