twin exhaust

Lumix

Known Member
May 17, 2004
Ever experienced being pulled over by police because of your "bigger than waja" exhaust?? man.. I'm tired of being pulled over and questioning in every road block i bumped to... although i never received any ticket or paid anything, but it was annoying enough! so here is my silly idea... twin exhaust :embaressed_smile:

2 smaller exhausts to replace the single big exhausts, my question is, can this setup retain the performance of single big exhaust? :Not_Impressed: also it have to be custom make or anywhere i can buy? anyone done it b4?

:X-:

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
used to be stopped by the police because of my kitten-swallowed exhaust tip ... but never receive any ticket for it ... touch wood ... though i know that somebody used to get a ticket for it ...

somebody just did the twin exhaust configuration on his altezza ... emmm ... i think it is best for that person to give the feedback on such configuration ...:regular_smile:

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
I believe most aftermarket established brands (hks,tanabe etc.) would have done their r&d on optimum exhaust gas out-flow for various cars, in this case, for the altezza.

I've seen altezzas with twins from cat-back but the center bend hangs too low...surely a bump kisser.

I think its possible for twins, provided it has proper sizing,bends & diameters that corelates to the existing system. The custom fabricator should also ENSURE that there is NO increased back pressure.

If not 'lag' lah..:shades_smile:

Lumix

Known Member
May 17, 2004
sounds headache man... Jahax said someone in this forum have such configuration? hmm.... wondering who it might be... :regular_smile:

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
yep ... who else ... it is our 3s-gte poro san lah

emmm ... wonder where is he? ... hemmmmm:angel_smile:

porosaki

1,000 RPM
Sep 16, 2004
Visit site
piping spec all 60mm centre branching to 2 * 60mm pipes. standard for NA altezza. also enough for force induction engine too.

of course for manual, u can afford to change the centre pipe too, but auto might have a problem in retaining back pressure hence lousy low & mid torque.