Exhaust Cam Gears

duh!

Known Member
Jan 6, 2006
Guys... anyone here changed their exhaust side cam gears before? What are your feedback on this mod? Is it worth?.... do let me know....:regular_smile:

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
Unless u r running a turbo or SC, i doubt there would be any significant increase in performance on a NA engine .

Anyways, how do just 'change' the exhaust cam?!Do u mean re-grinding it?Pls enlighthen me..:shades_smile:

duh!

Known Member
Jan 6, 2006

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
duh,

thanx for the links. Btw i got the cam gears mixed up with the camshaft earlier (was half asleep during my earlier reply..hehe). Just realized u were talking about pulleys...

Back to the topic, i'm not sure on whether the camshaft configuration (as in ilnlet and exhaust) for the altezza and is300 are the same or not.The altezza runs on a 4-inline (dual camshafts= each shaft to 2 cylinders i think) whereas the the IS300's 2JZ runs on a inline-6 set up. There's a huge difference there.

However, if ur concern is on pulleys for 3sge, i think there are at least two forummers here with aftermarket ones. never got to ask them on the benefits...i wonder if they are still active forummers...poro?:regular_smile:

Last edited:

duh!

Known Member
Jan 6, 2006
Dude... I think this cant work on our cars lah... I got a reply from the Australian forum... so.. gotta ditch this ... hehehehe.... now.. thinking of what to do next.. hahaha...

Test

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
You are discussing about adjustable pulley and High cam? Need Sifu here to explain..poro san, Encik Jahax?? Stepyew??? JayD...hello...

duh!

Known Member
Jan 6, 2006
I'd just drop this discussion seriously.... its no longer the path for me.... unless one would one to meddle with all the crazy hassle of settings and timings on the intake cams... and totally (perhaps) disable the VVTi.. which is a waste.... hhmm...

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
disable the VVTi ... then install Toda oversized piston, adjustable cam pulley, valve spring etc ... and the icing on the cake is the HKS V-Pro ... sweet ...

oh ... then istall the Toda 4throttle system ... double sweet ... 250 HP on crank ... 210 Hp on rear wheel ...

kick in the arse man ... oh mind u ... burn ur pocket also ... hehehe

duh!

Known Member
Jan 6, 2006
N.A mods... as usual... exhausting and expensive... that is why I requested to drop the discussion altogether... heheheh.... I think one of the guys in Singapore tried the 4 throttle system.. did not know how it went.. but I know it was removed not too long after that... dunno why...

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
as jack black said ... "u are not hardcore, unless u live hardcore" ...

thats the price u need to pay if u wanna be different than the rest ...

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
duh, wise move

test, hello bro

jahax, dont abuse the engine..btw, whr u got that part combination?really can churn 250hp?!:confused_smile:

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Jay Dee ... the calculation is on a conservative mode ... actually it can go up to 275 hp on crank ... hehehe ... and still maintain NA

we are talking about TODA oversize kits here dude ... which will bump the displacement up to 2.2 cubic capacity ... and all other shiny stuffs from TODA ... and blueprint/port-polish the engine

and mind u ... we are talking in the region of 50 grand poorer dude

duh!

Known Member
Jan 6, 2006
50k RM for all that...talking about hardcore.. hahaha