Turbokits 660 help =(

TurboHolic

May 1, 2010
Sabah
im using turbokits for my 660 kancil , but when long distance , at 4th gear 100kmh , it starts to jerking , fuel not enough =( , my fren ask me to korek the ic pump / fuel pump , anyone can teach me =) , i still cant afford injection so im sticking to use turbokits till nxt year =(

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
im using turbokits for my 660 kancil , but when long distance , at 4th gear 100kmh , it starts to jerking , fuel not enough =( , my fren ask me to korek the ic pump / fuel pump , anyone can teach me =) , i still cant afford injection so im sticking to use turbokits till nxt year =(
ok, to understand better.... you're using standard 660cc carb perodua engine right?

the turbo kit does not come wif it's own fuel pump? AFAIK, to turbocharge a carbie you need a decent fuel pump & a adj fuel pressure regulator..

...I'm no expert... but that what i read... maybe need to wait for carbie turbo otais to come in first

TurboHolic

May 1, 2010
Sabah
im using 6valve head , stock head , n stock fuel / ic pump , em , my turbo kit does not come with it's own fuel pump .. what kind of fuel pump n fuel regulator should i use .. carb can u fuel regulator ?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

TurboHolic

May 1, 2010
Sabah
From what I read here How to Add a Turbo Charger to a Carbureted Engine | eHow.com, it seem it need one...

As I say before, I'm no carb turbo sifu... maybe you could source early Mira L2 pump and regulator?
em , from what i read from ur posted link , yeah , i do need regulator and fuel pump i guess .. regulator easy to find just , the fuel pump .. should i use mira L2 stock fuel tank with pump that , or external one , emm , looking foward for reply from carbie sifuu .

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
em , from what i read from ur posted link , yeah , i do need regulator and fuel pump i guess .. regulator easy to find just , the fuel pump .. should i use mira L2 stock fuel tank with pump that , or external one , emm , looking foward for reply from carbie sifuu .
i think L2 pump should do it,... the adj fuel regulator is needed to ensure 1:1 ratio between boost and fuel pressure... well, at least that what the article says la...

better wait for sifus to show up

TurboHolic

May 1, 2010
Sabah
i think L2 pump should do it,... the adj fuel regulator is needed to ensure 1:1 ratio between boost and fuel pressure... well, at least that what the article says la...

better wait for sifus to show up
btw what is the real function of that fuel reg ? control the fuel supply ?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
from what i know....fuel pump would pump at the highest possible pressure it could pump...

if 150liter/hour@8bar of pressure then surely u need the regulator to control the pressure at acceptable level....

thats the function of fuel regulator... :adore:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
from what i know....fuel pump would pump at the highest possible pressure it could pump...

if 150liter/hour@8bar of pressure then surely u need the regulator to control the pressure at acceptable level....

finally.... :adore:

TurboHolic

May 1, 2010
Sabah

ya finally , will it solve my jerking problem if im using external fuel pump n fuel regulator ? plz plz help =)