TurboCharg'ing Ford Ranger Anyone?

[s]tone2

Dec 25, 2003
Hi to all Ford & Mazda Members!
Actually im from daihatsu# but my friend wants to do a simple mod on Turbo Charging his 2Liter Ford Ranger N/A(EFI / Diesel). He wants to know whether is it possible to Built-In a turbo system without changing LOW/HIGH Compression Pistons. Is it possible and roughly how much?
He feels that his ford is Under-Power while going Up Hills. Dont even mention bout Gentings. <_<
By the way, thanks to all first for future comments, advice and Tips.

Cheers! :lol:

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Errr I think a Ford Ranger is already turbo charge...... atleast my sis Ford Ranger is....... :ph34r:

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
Rangers come in 2 models
1. Ranger XL - usually white
2. Ranger XLT (T for turbo) - here you get the special editions like Splash, Extreme Hurricane, etc

For no.2 the usual colour is either grey or silver. Indeed the XL is damn underpowered compared to the XLT.
I dont think u can just bolt on the turbine unit to the NA engine as lots of matters to take into consideration like compression, ECU, turbine, IC, etc . If ure thinking of buying the turbo engine without wiring new is about 10K ++ the last I remember from Ford Malaysia. Lets not forget about wiring, gbox etc. Maybe ure safer off getting the half cut (if u can find one). Hope this helps.

[s]tone2

Dec 25, 2003
Hehe,
Jasonlel,yupz, i know some of em' are already turbo charged,but my friend's one isn't.

SideWaysGrey :My friend's Ford is the red coloured one. It's not the Splash, Xtreme, nor
Hurricane. So what u're trying to say is to convert the whole engine rather than
built'ing-On izzit? Anyway, thanx a lotz for the tips :D :D

WILL be expecting more from u guys if there's anything left out....thanx! :P

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
stone2,
Red? might be the XLT model coz it also comes in red; but the XL is White with red splashes too..hehe..yeah, u ought to drop by a Ford Service center and inquire on this. Better to be safe than sorry. Repairs on a Ranger is not cheap mind you! Its always better to use the original turbo engine than to bolt on turbines. Many issues to considelike mainly $$$, gbox, wiring, ECU fuel consuption etc so choose wisely.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

wheres my post????

nvm...post again...

how much 4 dohc 4g91 cam?262?272?

regrind o new?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience