Top mount/front mount

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Top or front mounted intercooler is better? In terms or performance and looks. Pls give ur feedback

• Top mount

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Front mount

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
monster reveal.....hik hik hik....

Wah lau eh, u use my name to perli me.... wat la u.... my kancil now very decent already la....haha.. anyway, that make me laugh till my next cubicle also turn their head on me... hehe :P

haha everybody deserved a good laugh...

opps terhijack the topic agian... *trying not to*

just watched initial D episode 7, front mount i/c explode on inpact, so say the fat S15 driver XD so funny... chiu jit super ultra late braking XD

Standard-Top mount (no turbo lag)

Heavy modies-Front mount

aiyah no need la senang hahahaha :lol:

is it recommended heavy modded L2 .... to use front I/C???

Originally posted by sang_kancil@Dec 7 2004, 09:06
is it recommended heavy modded L2 .... to use front I/C???
what happens is when u got a big big turbo that forced so much volume of air into the intake but the intercooler is not cooling those air efficiently hence if worst condition causes engine to detonate.. how much room of space to upgrade for a top mount unit? therefore front mount is the only choice..

So for me.. small mods only.. top mount is the better choice then?

When u change your turbine to a much bigger ones, then u already can consider changing the front mount intercooler. As in general, when u have a bigger turbo more volume of air is forcing thru. Then of cause u need a bigger intercooler to do the work properly.

So if i want to change to a TD04 or (hope this is right) RHF4 i will need to change to a bigger intercooler and move it to the front? :o

did u guys know that the stock intercooler doesnt even perform well to cool the amount of volume of air generated by 1.2bar of boost from the stock tiny little turbo?

Originally posted by keropok@Dec 7 2004, 12:43
So if i want to change to a TD04 or (hope this is right) RHF4 i will need to change to a bigger intercooler and move it to the front? :o
dude,

if u can fit a VR4 intercooler on top, also can wott... it' about the creativity how u can squeeze the intercooler only mar..

O I C :o ..anyway still looking for a reliable ball bering turbine... :lol: Sorry for running out of topic here...but can the EVC be use on an L2S engine? Just checking here.......but my ride setup is using a Auto tranny? Can it be utilize? ;)

Originally posted by keropok@Dec 7 2004, 13:38
O I C :o ..anyway still looking for a reliable ball bering turbine... :lol: Sorry for running out of topic here...but can the EVC be use on an L2S engine? Just checking here.......but my ride setup is using a Auto tranny? Can it be utilize? ;)
i believe the EVC can be use to all universal turbo model.. as long as it's turbocharged.

Put bigger scoop (l2s) try and find eterna turbo swap with the ori kancil turbo. That should help a bit... <_<

eterna turbo can be used? is it plug and play? or must mod the adapter? its not ball bearing is it?

Originally posted by equin0x+Dec 7 2004, 13:02 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (equin0x @ Dec 7 2004, 13:02 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-keropok@Dec 7 2004, 12:43
dude,

if u can fit a VR4 intercooler on top, also can wott... it' about the creativity how u can squeeze the intercooler only mar.. [/b][/quote]
fuiyyooo....modd till vr4 i/c wanna sq in .... :lol:

Originally posted by L9Turbo@Dec 7 2004, 14:12
eterna turbo can be used? is it plug and play? or must mod the adapter? its not ball bearing is it?
have to modd oso laa...nothing can plug n play 1 laa....except da ori L2 turbine la even u want to use L5 or L9 turbine to L2 engine oso need to mod

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom