To New Beginnings

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Was a touching couple of days guys, to witness the moving campaigns, the huge drama of voting day, the long wait, the thrilling uncertainties, and then finally the confirmation via the words from Tun M himself. Congrats to a new era guys :emoji_flag_my:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I hope he don’t try to “un-sell” Proton. Geely runs good business, as seen with Volvo.

Proton is a burden to the country due to all the cronies. Even the Koreans have leapfrogged us.

I hope to see better partnership, and Proton being the mainstream brand under Geely for Asia markets, while Volvo being the premium brand.

Next, for the love of god abolish AP already.

Reactions: stupidcar

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I hope he don’t try to “un-sell” Proton. Geely runs good business, as seen with Volvo.

Proton is a burden to the country due to all the cronies. Even the Koreans have leapfrogged us.

I hope to see better partnership, and Proton being the mainstream brand under Geely for Asia markets, while Volvo being the premium brand.

Well Proton was his baby to begin with and one of PH manifesto is to revisit all dealings & projects with foreigners especially China, so I wont be surprised at all if he indeed "un-sell" Proton if still possible! Btw whose cronies benefited from Proton?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well Proton was his baby to begin with and one of PH manifesto is to revisit all dealings & projects with foreigners especially China, so I wont be surprised at all if he indeed "un-sell" Proton if still possible! Btw whose cronies benefited from Proton?
Well, Proton still holds 50.1%, anything is possible.....lol
Whoever who was in power benefited loh. I remember at my ex company, my sales manager tried to approach Proton for parts supply. Immediately they told him he cannot penetrate as every lock down already, you know. I know.....lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
It’s the same story as MAS. Single source suppliers with ridiculous prices. Proton isn’t competitive because the parts are all ridiculously expensive.

BN people lor, who else.

Well, Proton still holds 50.1%, anything is possible.....lol
Whoever who was in power benefited loh. I remember at my ex company, my sales manager tried to approach Proton for parts supply. Immediately they told him he cannot penetrate as every lock down already, you know. I know.....lol
Geely should offer to sell the 49.9% at triple the price. Lol

It doesn’t make sense for Geely to sell as Proton gives them access to ASEAN market.

I hope the Boyue does well. Once results come in and bring positive change to Proton there wouldn’t be a need to sell.

Proton should rebadge the S2 Elise and stick the E01 engine inside.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Buy back and fail will be worse. Just lets see what Geely can do, anyway still owner.....lol

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Still no news on new model under Proton, what is taking them so long

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

If he unsell its gonna be very expensive. And I agree with ur points.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Of course, they should also make me deputy CEO of Proton.

The Chinese CEO is very good, but what he lacks is the local insight & knowledge. For now, I don't think Proton should jump into the PHEV and EV bandwagon. Because a lot of buyers are still outside of urban area, so the interim is to introduce a wave of ICE

Urban buyers have moved up the food chain to Honda, as they become brand conscious. Rolling out PHEV or EV at this stage would still cost a premium as it does not have the economies of scale (compared to ICE), yet. And outside of urban area there's insufficient charging network.

1.Introduce world class ICE cars, at a competitive price point. Re-badge Geely for economies of scale so you can price it cheap.
2.Win Malaysians back to Proton, by offering affordable, safe and reliable means of transportation.
3.Once confidence is back, move to PHEV & EV.

Jumping straight to PHEV & EV, while is damn canggih, means nothing to rural folks. And laying out a charging network would be too costly at this stage.

Reactions: Izso

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Probably need to sell both attack both rural and urban at the same time. They have so many models........lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Probably need to sell both attack both rural and urban at the same time. They have so many models........lol
Then they spread themselves thin, and lose focus. Because SELLING is just one part of the equation. SUPPORT is also important.

If you sell PHEV & EV, you will need to train your after sales and service. Considering the current after sales experience is shit (limpeh go to their Centre of Excellence also shit), why don't just focus on doing existing things RIGHT, before think so much.

Don't know how to walk, wanna talk about doing marathon. Siao ker.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi.. as u can see this is my 1st post... and im new to all this car stuff... i am just wondering can we actually DIY own diffuzers...

Reason:
To me is just a thin metal layer that is black in colour...
Cant we just use alluminium plate and black spray to do it???
Of course using the correct tools to Cut the alluminium plate..
and i find no reason spending more then RM300-RM1k to make this small thing for all 4 sides of the car....

Conts:
After DIY perhaps it might fail and falling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience